Lipscomb vs. Florida Atlantic Free NCAAB Prediction
- 22nd Nov 2015
- Aaron Ryan
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
The Florida Atlantic Owls (1-3) challenge the Lipscomb Bisons (2-4) at John D. Millett Hall. The game gets underway at 12:00 pm ET on Sunday, Nov. 22.
The Owls enter this game hoping for similar success after defeating Miami (OH) 75-69 on Saturday. C.J. Turman played a pivotal role, recording his second double-double of the season with 19 points and 12 rebounds. The Bisons, meanwhile, are feeling some disappointment after their 79-67 loss against Northeastern on Saturday. J.C. Hampton had a team-high 22 points.
The Owls are looking to improve on their records of 1-3 Straight Up (SU) and 2-1 Against The Spread (ATS). The Owls are one of the best in Division I in terms of free throws made, making a superb 17.0 per game. For updated lines, check out BTB’s College Basketball Odds.
As for their opponent, the Bisons head into the game with records of 3-2 ATS and 2-4 SU. Lipscomb is the top three-point shooting team in the nation, knocking down 65 shots from three-point range (10.0 per game). Defenses have a tough time accounting for every player when up against the Bisons, who are known for distributing the ball with 18.2 assists per game.
Florida Atlantic and Lipscomb will be facing off for their first head-to-head game in recent seasons.
Predictions: SU Winner – Lips, ATS Winner – Lips
Florida Atlantic is 2-15 SU in its last 17 games.
Lipscomb beats Florida Atlantic in both possessions per game and points per possession. The Bisons average 71.0 possessions and 1.010 points per possession, while the Owls average 66.8 possessions with .973 points per possession.
The Lipscomb Bisons average an effective field goal percentage of 50.6% this season. The Florida Atlantic Owls have a losing record of 1-2 when opponents have an eFG% of 50.6% or greater.
Florida Atlantic attempts an average of 19.0 three pointers per game and Lipscomb attempts 27.0. In games where they have 20 or more three point attempts, the Florida Atlantic Owls are winless at 0-2 while the Lipscomb Bisons have a 2-3 record.
Lipscomb ranks 80th in the nation with an assist-to-turnover ratio of 1.31. Florida Atlantic is ranked lower at 286th with an A/TO of .79.
Florida Atlantic has forced an average turnover percentage of 18.7% this season. Lipscomb is an even 1-1 when its TO% is 18.7% or higher.
- Two Pacific Division teams that have reversed their franchises’ ways in the last decade will close down their series on Thursday, and the LA Clippers will look to sweep the Phoenix Suns after winning their first three encounters in convincing fashion.
- The Minnesota Wild will host the Ottawa Senators on Thursday night NHL showdown at the Xcel Energy Center.
- The Cavaliers visit the Bulls on Thursday, March 30th with a start time of 8 pm Eastern on TNT.
- The Sharks visit the Oilers on Thursday, March 30th with a start time of 9 pm Eastern.
- The LA Lakers are starting their two-game road trip with a visit to Minneapolis on Thursday in order to square it off with the Timberwolves.