Lehigh vs. Colgate College Basketball Pick, Odds & Prediction
- 24th Feb 2016
- Donald Phillips
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
The Lehigh Mountain Hawks (13-14) will attempt to extend a seven-game winning streak when they take on the Colgate Raiders (13-14) at Cotterell Court. The game starts at 7:00 pm ET on Wednesday, Feb. 24.
The Raiders won a close one over Loyola Maryland 93-90 on Sunday. Austin Tillotson was the team’s high scorer with 20 points on 8-for-18 shooting. The Mountain Hawks, meanwhile, are coming off a 73-61 win over Lafayette on Sunday. Kahron Ross had a good game, recording 11 points and 12 assists to claim his first double-double of the season.
Over the last five games, Tillotson has really been playing well for the Raiders. During that stretch, he has averaged 19.4 points, 5.6 rebounds, 5.4 assists, 1.6 steals, and 2.4 three-pointers. On the other side, the Mountain Hawks have their own duo that have been hot in that span. Ross has averaged 18.4 points, 2.2 rebounds, 6.8 assists, 0.8 steals, and 1.8 three-pointers, while Tim Kempton has put up 18.0 points, 12.2 rebounds, 1.6 assists, and 1.0 block.
Half-court execution will be at a premium as Colgate ranks 322nd in the nation in possessions per game (65.6 possessions per game), while Lehigh is 275th (67.2).
This will be the second matchup of the season between these two teams. The Mountain Hawks won the first game 79-70. Austin Price was a standout player in the game, producing 28 points, eight rebounds, two assists, three steals, and four three-pointers.
For updated lines, check out BTB’s College Basketball Odds.
Pick: Take Lehigh
Lehigh sits at 11-5 SU against its conference rivals, while Colgate is 9-7 SU.
The Colgate Raiders average a field goal percentage of 45.0% this season. The Lehigh Mountain Hawks have a losing record of 4-9 when opponents have a FG% of 45.0% or greater.
The Colgate Raiders and the Lehigh Mountain Hawks both rank higher in average effective field goal percentage when compared to their field goal percentages. Colgate is 130th and 61st in the nation for FG% and eFG% respectively, while Lehigh is 110th and 99th in these categories.
Lehigh ranks 70th in assists, recording 15.2 per game. Colgate performs worse at 182nd with 13.4 assists per game.
Colgate averages a forced turnover rate of 19.8% this season. Lehigh has a 6-8 record when it suffers a turnover rate equal to or exceeding this.
- Two Pacific Division teams that have reversed their franchises’ ways in the last decade will close down their series on Thursday, and the LA Clippers will look to sweep the Phoenix Suns after winning their first three encounters in convincing fashion.
- The Minnesota Wild will host the Ottawa Senators on Thursday night NHL showdown at the Xcel Energy Center.
- The Cavaliers visit the Bulls on Thursday, March 30th with a start time of 8 pm Eastern on TNT.
- The Sharks visit the Oilers on Thursday, March 30th with a start time of 9 pm Eastern.
- The LA Lakers are starting their two-game road trip with a visit to Minneapolis on Thursday in order to square it off with the Timberwolves.