La Salle vs Wichita State Basketball Pick
- Updated: March 27, 2013
March Madness Picks
Date/Time: Thursday March 28, 2013 10:17 pm EST
College Basketball Odds from Sportsbook.AG
Point Spread: Wichta State -4
Basketball Betting Game Trends
La Salle Explorers
- La Salle is 6-1-1 ATS in their last 8 neutral site games.
- La Salle is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 Thursday games.
- La Salle is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a S.U. win.
- La Salle is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a ATS win.
Wichita State Shockers
- Wichita State is 5-2-1 ATS in their last 8 games following a S.U. win.
- Wichita State is 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Wichita State is 7-3 ATS in their last 10 non-conference games.
- Wichita State is 21-10-1 ATS in their last 32 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
- Wichita State is 1-5 ATS in their last 6 Thursday games.
The Shockers definitely lived up to their name by taking out No. 1 Gonzaga 76-70 last Saturday as 6.5-point underdogs in the third round after routing No. 8 Pitt 73-55 last Thursday. They won both games as dogs and are favored here vs. La Salle for the first time since they beat Illinois State 66-51 in the semifinals of the Missouri Valley Conference Tournament. Wichita went on to lose the MVC title game to Creighton, 68-65.
The Explorers have not been favored in their last five games, going 3-2 both SU and ATS. But the past three are wins and all that matters right now since they have taken place in the NCAA Tournament. La Salle has won its last two by a basket each over No. 5 Kansas State and No. 12 Ole Miss after defeating Boise State 80-71 in the First Four. That completed a tough stretch of three games in five days and followed two straight losses to Butler and Saint Louis before the Big Dance started.
The pace of this matchup will be interesting to watch early on, as La Salle played fast in the first half of all three games in the NCAA Tournament but struggled in the second half of the past two. The Shockers have finished strong in both of their two games in the Big Dance, scoring more after halftime in each. The OVER is 3-0 in Wichita’s last three games and 5-1 in the past six, a testament to the team’s strong offensive performances. The Shockers have also held their last five opponents to 70 points or less.
The Explorers will likely need to score more than 70 to stay in this game, so the OVER looks to be a favorable play. Their last meeting with Wichita took place nearly 10 years ago and resulted in a 74-71 win for the Shockers. This game should be played at a similar pace, resulting in a high-scoring game…
Pick: OVER 135