Kings vs. Blues Pick
- Updated: February 11, 2013
Kings vs. Blues NHL Picks
Probable Goalies: Los Angeles (Quick) vs. St. Louis (Halak)
Date/Time: February 11th, 8:00 PM ET
Television: NBC Sports Network
NHL Betting Odds from Bookmaker Sportsbook
Moneyline: St. Louis -145
NHL Betting Game Trends
Los Angeles Kings
- Los Angeles is 12-6 SU in its last 18 games on the road
- Los Angeles is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing St. Louis
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Los Angeles’s last 11 games when playing St. Louis
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Los Angeles’s last 11 games when playing on the road against St. Louis
- Los Angeles is 7-14 SU in its last 21 games when playing on the road against St. Louis
St. Louis Blues
- St. Louis is 14-7 SU in its last 21 games when playing at home against Los Angeles
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of St. Louis’s last 11 games when playing at home against Los Angeles
- St. Louis is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Los Angeles
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of St. Louis’s last 11 games when playing Los Angeles
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of St. Louis’s last 7 games at home
It wasn’t all that long ago that the St. Louis Blues were crashing out of the playoffs at the hands of the Los Angeles Kings. Now, the Blues will get a chance to exact just a bit of revenge on the defending Stanley Cup champs on Monday night in NHL betting action.
Things really are getting worse, not better for the Kings. They’re really finding the sledding tough right now, knowing that they have a gigantic bulls-eye on their back. This is the final game of a five-game road trip in which LA has just two points to show for its work thus far. The team has 10 goals, eight of which came in the first two games of the road trip, and it has allowed 15 goals. You knew that matters were bad on Sunday when the Kings ripped off 47 shots on goal against G Jimmy Howard and scored just twice, proving that this is again a relatively inept team offensively. The club is really going to have to get up off of the mat in a hurry, as this trip to Scottrade Arena really isn’t going to help matters any. Not only do the Kings have to get shots, but quality shots at that in order to beat the great St. Louis goaltenders.
If you thought that this current road trip was bad for the Kings, check out the current home stand that the Blues are on. They have lost all three of their games, and for a team that prides itself on its defense and goaltending, they have allowed 16 goals in those games. Four straight clubs have put either five or six up on St. Louis, and that obviously isn’t going to cut it. The last time we saw G Jaroslav Halak was back on February 1st, and he has been activated from the injured reserve at just the right time. Halak was 3-0 with a 2.10 GAA and a .889 save percentage before getting hurt with a groin injury against the aforementioned Red Wings, and this is expected to be his first game back in the starting lineup since that point. If this isn’t the moment that St. Louis turns it around, we don’t know when that moment truly will be.
This is almost like the moveable force against the resistible object right now. We think that the Blues are going to be the team to beat, though. At least they’re scoring some goals, and they have their better goaltender coming back to the forefront to hopefully play the role of savior. If that’s the case, the hosts should at least salvage two points on this home stand.
Los Angeles Kings @ St. Louis Blues Pick: St. Louis Blues