IUPUI at Butler Bulldogs Free College Basketball Pick
- 28th Dec 2015
- Matt Barnes
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
The No. 9-ranked Butler Bulldogs (10-1) will attempt to extend a seven-game winning streak when they take on the IUPUI Jaguars (4-10) at Hinkle Fieldhouse. The game gets underway at 7:00 pm ET on Monday, Dec. 28 and will air on FS2.
The Bulldogs easily got past Southern Utah 88-52 the last time they played. Roosevelt Jones played a key role, recording 12 points and 10 rebounds to notch his sixth double-double this season. The Jaguars are coming off an awful 84-48 loss at the hands of Memphis in their last outing. Nick Osborne posted eight points, 12 rebounds, and one steal.
When considering eFG%, the Bulldogs figure to have a significant advantage on the offensive end. They rank 18th in the nation in that category at 57.0%, whereas the porous defense of IUPUI ranks 271st in eFG% with opponents connecting at a clip of 51.4%.
Butler is a considerable 23-point favorite in this game and the Over/Under (O/U) is set at 151 points.
For updated lines, check out BTB’s College Basketball Odds.
The Bulldogs enter the game with records of 10-1 Straight Up (SU) and 6-5 Against The Spread (ATS). The Bulldogs come into the game with the second-ranked scoring offense in the nation, averaging 89.7 points per game. Spreading the ball around is a huge part of Butler’s offense. They are 40th in the nation in assists with an average of 16.9 per game. Butler has given up very few turnovers with an average of only 9.9 per game.
On the other side, IUPUI has a SU record of 4-10 and an ATS record of 6-7.
Predictions: SU Winner – Butler, ATS Winner – Butler, O/U – Over
Butler is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games.
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Butler’s last 5 games at home.
Butler is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games at home.
Butler is one of the top-scoring teams at home, averaging 95.3 points per game (ranked fourth). IUPUI, on the other hand, allows 77.6 points per away game (ranked 225th).
Ranked fifth, the Butler Bulldogs have an offensive rating of 125.9. The IUPUI Jaguars, on the other hand, rank 255th with a defensive rating of 106.1.
Butler has the seventh-ranked average field goal percentage at 51.3%. IUPUI has not won a game this season when opponents have a similar or higher field goal percentage (0-3).
The Butler Bulldogs rank higher based on their field goal percentage (seventh) than their effective field goal percentage (18th). The IUPUI Jaguars rank higher based on their effective field goal percentage (319th) than their field goal percentage (324th).
Butler ranks 40th in assists, registering 16.9 per game. IUPUI performs worse at 321st with 11.0 assists per game.
Butler, the 69th-ranked team in rebounding, register an average of 39.9 rebounds per game. IUPUI does worse, ranked 243rd with 35.6.
IUPUI ranks 182nd in offensive rebounds, while Butler ranks at 92nd in defensive rebounds.
IUPUI has forced an average turnover percentage of 18.9% this season. Butler is an even 1-1 when its TO% is 18.9% or higher.
- Real Madrid @ Olympiakos Date/Time: 03-24-2017, 15:00 EDT Spread: Olympiakos -2 Total: +156.5 In the 28th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball which takes place just two days after the previous round, we have a battle for the first place of the league, as Olympiakos Piraeus (19-8) …
- Galatasaray @ Darussafaka Dogus Date/Time: 03-24-2017, 13:15 EDT Spread: Darussafaka Dogus -8 Total: +154.5 In the 28th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball which takes place just two days after the previous round, we have a do-or-die game for the hosts, as Darussafaka Dogus Istanbul (13-14) welcomes …
- CSKA Moscow @ Unics Kazan Date/Time: 03-24-2017, 12:00 EDT Spread: Unics Kazan +9 Total: +166.5 In the 28th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball which takes place just two days after the previous round, we have a game with one-sided interested as the already eliminated Unics Kazan …
- Crvena Zvezda mts @ Barcelona Date/Time: 03-24-2017, 16:00 EDT Spread: Barcelona -2 Total: +143 In the 28th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball which takes place just two days after the previous round, the already eliminated FC Barcelona Lassa (10-17) are hosting Crvena Zvezda (15-12), who are …
- The 2017 Formula One season gets underway on Sunday with the Australian Grand Prix on NBCSN