Indiana vs. Michigan State Pick
- Updated: February 19, 2013
Indiana vs. Michigan State Basketball Picks
Date/Time: February 19th, 7:00 pm ET
College Basketball Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Michigan State -1.5
Basketball Betting Game Trends
- Indiana is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Michigan State
- Indiana is 1-8 ATS in its last 9 games when playing on the road against Michigan State
- Indiana is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Indiana’s last 7 games when playing on the road against Michigan State
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Indiana’s last 6 games on the road
Michigan State Spartans
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Michigan State’s last 7 games when playing at home against Indiana
- Michigan State is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Indiana
- Michigan State is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Michigan State’s last 6 games
- Michigan State is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing Indiana
NCAA Basketball Pick – February 19th
The argument could be made that the top two teams in the country are squaring off on Tuesday night in East Lansing, where the college basketball odds are going to be tightly contested between the Indiana Hoosiers and the Michigan State Spartans.
IU has been flat out awesome this year, going 23-3 and storming out to the No. 1 team in the nation for the third straight week. Win or lose, this is still a team that is going to have the inside track to a top seed in the NCAA Tournament, though a win makes the idea of falling from the perch of a top spot rather difficult to fathom. There was a concern that G Victor Oladipo, a National Player of the Year candidate might be missing this game with an ankle injury, but he assures that he is going to be out there on Tuesday in one of the most important games of the season. It’s a good thing too, because the first time around when these two met in a 75-70 win for the Hoosiers in Bloomington, Oladipo had 21 points, seven boards, six steals, and three blocked shots. Indiana enters this game ranking second in the land in scoring at 82.9 points per game, and it is outscoring foes by a whopping 21.9 points per game on the campaign, the top margin in America.
Michigan State isn’t a slouch by any stretch of the imagination, though. The team has rolled off five straight victories, and the only losses that it has had this year came against Indiana on the road, Minnesota on the road, Miami on the road, and UConn in Germany. Aside from that, some have come close, but none have succeeded at taking down the very consistent Spartans. This wasn’t supposed to be Head Coach Tom Izzo’s best team that he has fielded here in East Lansing, but his club is really finding ways to get the job done. The offense has been efficient, knocking down 47.0 percent of its shots on the season, while the defense is holding teams down to just 38.8 percent shooting from the field. The home court advantage here is always huge at the Jack Breslin Center, and this should be no exception in this one. Remember though, that this is the start of a tremendous stretch of games against IU, Ohio State, Michigan, and Wisconsin in a span on just two and a half weeks.
Everything seems to be pointing the way of the Spartans in this one. Home court advantage has been huge in the Big Ten all year long, especially in these games pitting the top teams against each other. MSU has won 15 in a row here at home. The Hoosiers have lost 17 straight meetings on the road in East Lansing. And yet, we still think that Indiana is going to find a way to flex its muscles and keep its top spot in the nation. This team could have won by more in Bloomington if not for some poor foul shooting that kept the Spartans around. If Oladipo truly is healthy, Indiana is the pick to make on the road. Indiana 76 – Michigan State 74