Houston Rockets vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Free NBA Pick
- Updated: November 28, 2012
Date/Time: Wednesday, Nov.28, 8 p.m. (ET)
Television: NBA TV
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Oklahoma City -9
NBA Betting Trends
- Houston is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Oklahoma City
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Houston’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Oklahoma City
- Houston is 11-5 SU in its last 16 games when playing on the road against Oklahoma City
- Houston is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City Thunder
- Oklahoma City is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Houston
- Oklahoma City is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Houston
- Oklahoma City is 5-11 SU in its last 16 games when playing at home against Houston
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oklahoma City’s last 5 games when playing at home against Houston
Houston brings a three-game winning streak into this matchup including a 117-101 victory over Toronto on Tuesday night as a six-point home favorite. The win evened its overall record to 7-7 straight-up and 7-6-1 against the spread. The total has gone OVER in six of its last eight games. The Rockets now have to go on the road where they are just 2-4 SU and 2-3-1 ATS.
James Harden continues to lead the way for Houston with an average of 25.1 points a game but they have four other players scoring in double figures including Jeremy Lin, who is averaging 10.6 points a game while leading the team in assists with 6.4 a game. Overall the Rockets are the third-highest scoring team in the NBA with 102.4 points a game, but they are ranked 24th in points allowed giving-up an average of 100.2 points.
The defending Western Conference champs have picked up where they left off with an 11-4 SU start and 9-5-1 record ATS. The Thunder are coming off a 114-69 trouncing of Charlotte as 11.5-point home favorites this past Monday in a game that stayed UNDER the 201-point line. The total had gone OVER in their last six games. Oklahoma City is now 7-2 SU and 6-3 ATS in its first nine home games.
This is another team that knows how to light up a scoreboard night after night. The Thunder are averaging 104.4 points a game which is ranked second in the league. The difference in this matchup is their ability to play better defense; holding opponents to an average of 96.3 points a game while pulling down an average of 42.3 rebounds a game. The bulk of the scoring has still been provided by Kevin Durant and Michael Westbrook, but they also have former Rocket Kevin Martin coming off the bench to average 15.7 points a game.
Even with the total line set high, the best play in this matchup could still be on the OVER with two of the most prolific scoring teams in the NBA on the court at the same time. Oklahoma City should get the win but take the Rockets and the nine points in a barn burner.
Oklahoma City 106 Houston 102
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013