Green Bay Packers vs Detroit Lions Free Pick
- Updated: November 17, 2012
Date/Time: Sunday, Nov.18 1 p.m. (ET)
NFL Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Green Bay -3
NFL Betting Game Trends
Green Bay Packers
- Green Bay is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Detroit
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Green Bay’s last 6 games
- Green Bay is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- Green Bay is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Green Bay’s last 6 games on the road
- Detroit is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against Green Bay
- Detroit is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Green Bay
- Detroit is 3-9 ATS in its last 12 games when playing Green Bay
- Detroit is 1-12 SU in its last 13 games when playing Green Bay
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Detroit’s last 6 games when playing Green Bay
NFL Pick – Week 11
Do not look now but the Green Bay Packers have worked their way back into the NFC playoff picture after an unexpected slow start. They have won four straight games to improve to 6-3 straight-up on the year but they are still under .500 against the spread at 4-5. The total has gone OVER in six of their nine games.
The offense has returned to form and so has league MVP Aaron Rodgers with 2,383 passing yards and 25 touchdown throws. Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb have been his biggest targets with a combined 85 receptions, but Rodgers has done a great job at spreading the ball around. Still missing from the Packers’ offensive attack is a consistent ground game that is averaging less than 100 yards a game. The biggest turnaround for Green Bay has to be on defense, as it is now ranked 14th in the NFL in total yards allowed and ninth in scoring; allowing an average of just 20.8 points a game.
Detroit showed a few brief flashes of getting back into the NFC postseason picture but a 34-24 loss to Minnesota last Sunday as a three-point road favorite put a major dent in those plans. The Lions are now 4-5 both SU and ATS with the total going OVER in six of their nine games. The good news for bettors is that they have covered the spread in four of their last five games.
Much like the Packers, the passing attack led by Matthew Stafford is Detroit’s biggest weapon. It is ranked first in the NFL with an average of 307.3 yards per game. Stafford is completing 63.9 percent of his passes but he only has 11 touchdowns against eight interceptions. On paper, the Lions defense looks pretty good against the pass and in total yards allowed, but the scoreboard tells a different story. This unit is ranked 23rd in the league in points allowed; giving-up an average of 24.7 points a game.
Green Bay brings all the momentum in the world into this game as it continues to close the gap in the NFC North with Chicago. It has beaten the Lions SU in nine of the last 10 meetings and is 4-2 ATS in the last six games. Giving just three points on the road seems like a gift and it is.
Green Bay 33 Detroit 27
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013