Grambling State Tigers – Arizona Wildcats
- 05th Sep 2016
- Adam Burke
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
The Grambling State Tigers head to Arizona Stadium to square off against the Arizona Wildcats this week. The game will air Saturday, Sep 10 at 10:45 p.m. ET on PACN.
In last week’s matchup, Arizona lost a game they could have won against BYU 18-16. Nick Wilson had a great game running the ball in the loss, rushing 17 times for 138 yards and two TDs. Trey Griffey had 66 receiving yards on four catches. Grambling State is hoping for another victory like last week’s performance, when it easily got past Virginia-Lynchburg 72-12. DeVante Kincade had a quality performance through the air for the Tigers, connecting on 10 of 18 pass attempts for 107 yards, two TDs and three interceptions. He added 139 yards and two TDs on four carries.
Grambling State is 1-0 SU when leading at the half this season.
- Host Adam Burke was joined by Bryan Leonard of WagerTalk.com and also Sports Cheetah of WagerTalk.com to talk MLB season prep, the NIT, and the Final Four games coming up this weekend.
- The final event before the Masters is this week’s Shell Houston Open at the Golf Club of Houston.
- The semifinals of the NIT will claim the primetime spotlight tonight with Rod Barnes and the eight-seeded Cal St. Bakersfield Roadrunners taking on Josh Pastner’s sixth-seeded Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
- The second game of the NIT semifinals will feature Johnny Dawkins and the UCF Knights of the AAC taking on Jamie Dixon and the TCU Horned Frogs of the Big 12.
- Players have different motivations this week at the Shell Houston Open. Clearly everybody in the field wants to win to some degree, but the Golf Club of Houston is the lead-in event to Masters.