Gonzaga at BYU Pick, Odds & Prediction
- 01st Feb 2017
- Tom Wilkinson
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
The top-ranked and unbeaten Gonzaga Bulldogs face one of their last tests on the way to a perfect regular season as they visit the BYU Cougars on Thursday night on ESPN 2. The Bulldogs have dominated almost all of their opponents this season as they come into this contest at 22-0 and 15-4 ATS. They could get a test on Thursday as they face a BYU team that is 16-7 overall and 7-3 in the West Coast Conference. Let’s look at the matchup and college basketball picks.
The Bulldogs visit the Cougars on Thursday, February 2nd with a start time of 11 pm Eastern on ESPN 2.
College Basketball Odds
Gonzaga vs. BYU
This game on Thursday night will be the first time in history that the Cougars have hosted a top-ranked team. BYU has played really well at home this season going 12-1 but they will need to play nearly perfect on Thursday to have a chance to upset the Bulldogs. BYU has played the top team in the nation four times in their history and they are 0-4 but none of those games were played at the Marriott Center in Provo.
BYU is 13-30 all-time against ranked teams under head coach Dave Rose but two of those wins are against Gonzaga. The Bulldogs have beaten BYU in 10 of the 14 meetings since BYU joined the West Coast Conference.
Gonzaga has won 22 straight games, tied for the longest winning streak in school history. They can break the record on Thursday night with a win at BYU. It just so happens that the last 22-game winning streak for Gonzaga was stopped by BYU two years ago in Spokane.
Gonzaga has not even trailed in any of their past five games. The Bulldogs are the only team in the country to rank in the Top 10 in both adjusted offensive efficiency and adjusted defensive efficiency. They lead the nation in scoring margin winning by an average of 23.8 points per game. They are 14th in scoring at 85.2 points per game and 9th in scoring defense at 61.4 points per game.
The Cougars should be able to challenge Gonzaga a little bit as BYU is scoring 82.6 points per game which is 23rd in the country. The Cougars are 6-4 ATS at home this season with six games going under, three going over with one push.
This has been a home team series as the home team has gone 10-4-1 ATS in the last 15 meetings. The Bulldogs are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 road games. The Bulldogs are 19-7 ATS in their last 26 vs. the West Coast. The Cougars are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 home games. The Cougars are 4-9 ATS in their last 13 vs. the West Coast. The Over is 7-3-1 in the Cougars last 11 vs. the West Coast. The Under is 10-3 in the last 13 meetings in this series.
College Basketball Picks
I am surprised the number on this game is so high as I thought Gonzaga would be more like a six-point favorite. The Bulldogs have only two more tough games in the regular season and this is one of them. I think BYU can give Gonzaga a game so I will take the points with the Cougars.
- Match-up : Paraguay at Brazil Date : 3/28/2017 Time : 20:45 EDT Spread : Brazil -2 Total : 3 Goals Brazil have dominated the CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifier group, as they are cruising at the top spot with 7 points difference ahead of the 2nd. They will be hosting Paraguay …
- Match-up : Argentina at Bolivia Date : 3/28/2017 Time : 16:00 EDT Spread : Argentina -0.5 Total : 2.5 Goals Two teams that are on the opposite sides of the standings are clashing against each other, when Bolivia will be hosting Argentina on Tuesday, March 28th, for the 2018 World …
- Bellator 175 takes place on Friday, March 31 at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois. There are five fights on the main card on Spike TV and 11 fights on the preliminary card on Spike.co
- The San Jose Sharks will try to snap their 6 game losing streak on Tuesday night in an inter-conference matchup against the New York Rangers.
- The Predators visit the Bruins on Tuesday, March 28th with a start time of 7 pm Eastern.