Boston Red Sox
Starting Pitchers: Buchholz (Boston) vs. Lewis (Texas)
Date/Time: Tuesday, July 24 8:05 p.m. (ET)
Television: MLB Network
MLB Odds from VietBet
Moneyline: Boston +125 Texas -140
MLB Betting Game Trends
Boston Red Sox
- Boston is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Boston's last 10 games on the road
- Boston is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Boston is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Texas
- Boston is 5-11 SU in its last 16 games when playing on the road against Texas
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Texas's last 13 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Texas's last 5 games at home
- Texas is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games at home
- Texas is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Boston
- Texas is 11-5 SU in its last 16 games when playing at home against Boston
Boston's Buchholz set to tackle Texas this Tuesday night
Boston heads into this series 2-4 in its last six games after getting swept by Toronto at home over the weekend. It is now in last place in the AL East with an overall record of 48-48. The Red Sox are 9.5 games in back of New York in the division and 3.5 games back in the wildcard race. They are 23-20 on the road this season and the total has gone 2-2-2 in their last six games.
The Red Sox remain the highest scoring team in the AL with 479 total runs and an average of 4.99 runs per game, but their pitching continues to drag them down with a team ERA of 4.22. Clay Buchholz will get the start for Boston in this one. The right-hander is 8-3 on the year in 16 starts but has enjoyed some solid run support with an overall ERA of 5.19. He did look pretty sharp in his last outing by holding the White Sox to just one earned run on six hits in eight full innings of work. Buchholz is 1-3 against Texas with a 3.91 ERA.
The Rangers continue to lead the way in the AL West with a 6-4 record in their last 10 games. They are 56-38 overall and holding a five game lead over Los Angeles in the division. Texas did lose two of three to Angels on the road over the weekend, but it returns home after an eight-game road trip where it is 29-16 this season.
This lineup has also done a good job at slapping the ball round the park this season with 473 runs in 94 games. The Rangers also have a pitching staff that is ranked fourth in the AL with a 3.73 team ERA helping the cause. Colby Lewis is slated to get the start for Texas on Tuesday night. The right-hander is 6-6 with a 3.43 ERA in 16 previous starts. He returned from a month on the DL to hold Oakland to one earned run on three hits in five innings on July 18. Lewis is 3-3 against Boston with a 4.66 ERA.
This one could end-up being a solid play on the over as both teams should be able to put some runs on the board, but stick with the Rangers to put-up the most to notch another win at home. Texas 7 Boston 5