Fordham at Massachusetts Free College Basketball Pick
- 29th Jan 2016
- Aaron Ryan
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
The Massachusetts Minutemen (8-11) will try to put an end to their six-game skid when they compete against the Fordham Rams (11-8) at William D. Mullins Center. The game gets underway at 12:00 pm ET on Saturday, Jan. 30 and can be seen on NBS.
The Minutemen are hoping for a better outcome after their 78-70 loss to Saint Joseph’s on Wednesday. Seth Berger was the team’s leading scorer with 17 points. The Rams, meanwhile, are feeling some disappointment after their 79-63 loss against Rhode Island on Wednesday. Ryan Rhoomes had a solid game, recording his fifth double-double of the season with 18 points and 10 rebounds.
The Minutemen enter the game with records of 8-11 Straight Up (SU) and 4-8-1 Against The Spread (ATS).
In the other locker room, Fordham has a SU record of 11-8 and an ATS record of 4-8. Fordham has been particularly bad ATS over its past 10 matchups, going 2-7. The Rams allow very few three-pointers on defense with 6.0 given up per game. Teams with weak ball handling have not fared well against the Rams, who rank 10th in the nation with 8.9 steals per game.
This is the first meeting of the season for Massachusetts and Fordham. The last time they played, Massachusetts came out on top, bumping its SU record to 8-2 over Fordham in their most recent meetings. On the other hand, Fordham leads the matchup ATS with a record of 7-3. Massachusetts held the edge in field goals, rebounds, and three-pointers once, while Fordham was never able to do so in their most recent five games.
For updated lines, check out BTB’s College Basketball Odds.
Predictions: SU Winner – Ford, ATS Winner – Ford
Fordham is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games on the road.
Fordham is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road.
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Fordham’s last 7 games when playing on the road against Massachusetts.
Fordham is 1-11 SU in its last 12 games when playing on the road against Massachusetts.
The total has gone OVER in 9 of Massachusetts’s last 11 games when playing Fordham.
Massachusetts is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Fordham.
Massachusetts is 11-1 SU in its last 12 games when playing at home against Fordham.
The Massachusetts Minutemen and Fordham Rams both hold losing records against teams in the Atlantic 10 Conference. Massachusetts sits at 1-6 in these matchups and Fordham has a 2-6 record.
The Massachusetts Minutemen average 73.1 possessions and 1.050 points per possession in games this season. The Fordham Rams average fewer possessions with 69.3, as well as fewer points per possession with 1.045.
The Massachusetts Minutemen average an effective field goal percentage of 50.2% this season. The Fordham Rams have a subpar record of 2-4 when opponents have an eFG% of 50.2% or greater.
The Massachusetts Minutemen average 22.0 three point attempts per game and are 5-7 when attempting at least 20 in a game. The Fordham Rams average 21.0 attempts and have a winning record (9-5) when attempting 20 or more.
Fordham, the 78th-ranked team in blocked shots, registers an average of 4.4 per game. Massachusetts does worse, ranked 194th with 3.3.
Massachusetts has forced an average turnover percentage of 17.1% this season. Fordham is an even 7-7 when its TO% is 17.1% or higher.
- Venezia @ Caserta Date/Time: 03-26-2017, 07:00 EDT Spread: Caserta +3 Total: +149.5 It is the 24th week of action in the Italian Basketball League (Lega Basket Serie A) and in this game, JuveCaserta Basket (sometimes spelled Juve Caserta Basket), also known as Pasta Reggia Caserta, hosts Reyer Venezia Mestre, or …
- Sassari @ Cremona Date/Time: 03-26-2017, 12:00 EDT Spread: Cremona +0.5 Total: +148 It is the 24th week of action in the Italian Basketball League (Lega Basket Serie A) and in this game, Guerino Vanoli Basket (also known as Vanoli Cremona), hosts Dinamo Basket Sassari, currently known as Dinamo Banco di …
- Pesaro @ Trento Date/Time: 03-26-2017, 13:15 EDT Spread: Trento -12 Total: +148.5 It is the 24th week of action in the Italian Basketball League (Lega Basket Serie A) and in this game, Aquila Basket Trento (also known as Dolomiti Energia Trento), hosts Victoria Libertas (also known as “VL” or in …
- Olimpia Milano @ Pistoia Date/Time: 03-26-2017, 13:15 EDT Spread: Pistoia +5 Total: +154.5 It is the 24th week of action in the Italian Basketball League (Lega Basket Serie A) and in this game, Pistoia Basket 2000 (also known as Giorgio Tesi Group Pistoia), hosts Pallacanestro Olimpia Milano (also known as …
- Capo d’Orlando @ Varese Date/Time: 03-26-2017, 12:30 EDT Spread: Varese -3 Total: +147 It is the 24th week of action in the Italian Basketball League (Lega Basket Serie A) and in this game, Pallacanestro Varese (also known as Openjobmetis Varese), hosts Orlandina Basket (also known as Betaland Capo d’Orlando) on …