Football Betting — Brock and Broncos Get Points in the Steel City
- 16th Dec 2015
- Charles Jay
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
The Denver Broncos may have hit a road block on their way to contending for the #1 seed in the AFC playoffs last Sunday, and they will now have to catch up to New England for that spot. This week they have a new challenge ahead of them as they take on the Pittsburgh Steelers and their formidable attack. This game is slated to get underway at 4:25 PM ET at Heinz Field in the Steel City. Vietbet customers can get reduced juice in their football betting leading up to the game, but even after the opening kickoff they don’t have to stop, as they can avail themselves of real-time wagering through the software provided through Live Betting Extra.
The Broncos had a strange game against the Oakland Raiders this past weekend. Despite holding Oakland to just eight first downs and 135 yards of offense, they lost 15-12 because they were completely snuffed out in the second half. Brock Osweiler had to throw the ball 51 times, because the Raiders surprisingly held the Broncos to a total of 34 rushing yards. Meanwhile, Pittsburgh took advantage of the injury to Cincinnati quarterback Andy Dalton to beat the Bengals 33-20 and remain very much in the thick of things in the battle for wild card spots in the AFC. At 8-5, they are tied with the Kansas City Chiefs and New York Jets.
Ben Roethlisberger has recently been involved in a little controversy as he commented early in the week that he felt Cincinnati linebacker Vontaze Burfict took an intentional shot at his legs on a pass play during Sunday’s contest.
In the football betting odds that have been posted by the people at Vietbet, the Steelers are the favorites;
Pittsburgh Steelers -6
Denver Broncos +6
Over 44.5 points -110
Under 44.5 points -110
For updated lines, check out BTB’s NFL Football Odds.
After Sunday’s game, a lot of Bronco fans aren’t in love with Osweiler any more. It’s not all his fault, but Denver did not take full advantage of a superlative defensive effort in the first half, when they held the Raiders to negative total yards and could not covert drives into touchdowns, settling for four field goals in the first half before getting shut out altogether in the final 30 minutes, during which time Osweiler was sacked five times.
Perhaps it is fortuitous that Peyton Manning is on his way back, although it won’t happen this week. The five-time MVP is participating in practice, and could return from his torn plantar fascia as early as next week. This will obviously bring up a dilemma, as while Vietbet patrons know that Manning is probably the guy the Broncos want to have behind center when the games count the most, they are also well aware that head coach Gary Kubiak wants to run his offense a certain way, putting his quarterback directly under center, emphasizing the running game and killing clock, and that Osweiler has adapted to that rather well, for the most part.
There is a lot of “strength vs. strength” at work here. Denver’s defense is best in the NFL when it comes to points and yards allowed per drive, and they have forced three-and-outs less more than 25% of the time. When it comes to yards GAINED per drive, Pittsburgh’s offense ranks only behind the Arizona Cardinals, and they have been forced to punt only 33% of the time; only Tampa Bay and Arizona have faced that situation less often.
Vietbet is a great one-stop destination when it comes to everything having to do with sports betting…….Reduced juice offers a great deal of value when it comes to the football betting odds, and there is the liveliest in-game betting available anywhere…….Keep in mind that you can open up your account with a Visa card, person-to-person transfer or Bitcoin!
- The Toronto Maple Leafs have proven every step of the way that they can play with the Washington Capitals. It would only be fitting to see a Game 7 in this series, but Toronto has to find a way to win Game 6 at the Air Canada Centre first.
- Sundays are the worst days for daily fantasy baseball because of players getting a day off and all of the weekend responsibilities.
- The 2017 NFL schedule was announced on Thursday, and within minutes many books had lines up. Surely there were dollar limits on those bets, but for the average US recreational bettor, more than high enough to accommodate most.
- A bunch of afternoon games are on the docket, so we’ll have to be quick with today’s write-ups in order to get these thoughts out to the masses.
- While the betting public is typically on the over the sportsbooks probably don’t mind a bit of a loss on the total, as it draws a small percentage of wagers compared to the sides and with favorites going 12-14, the books have done all right.