Euroleague Prediction: Unics Kazan at Galatasaray
- 20th Mar 2017
- Nick Lagouretos
Last Updated: 2017-03-20
Unics Kazan @ Galatasaray
Date/Time: 03-22-2017, 14:00 EDT
Spread: Galatasaray -5
In the 27th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball, two already eliminated teams playing for prestige only are clashing, when Galatasaray Odeabank Istanbul (9-17) welcomes Unics Kazan (7-19) at the Abdi Ipekci Arena of Istanbul, Turkey on Wednesday March 22nd 2017.
Galatasaray have a league second-worst record of 9-17 so far this season and are currently tied with two more teams in the 12th place of the league table. They have won two of their last three matches and last week they won on the road against Olympiakos with a 71-80 score. Justin Dentmon leads the team in scoring with 12.2 ppg, followed by Vladimir Micov with 11.4 ppg and 3.7 rpg, while Sinan Guler adds 10.6 ppg and team highs in assists, with 5.5 per game and steals with 1.3 per game. Alex Tyus adds 10.2 ppg and team highs in rebounds, with 5.2 per game and blocks, with 1.5 per game.
Unics Kazan have a league-worst record of 7-19 so far this season and are currently tied with Milano in the last place of the league table. They are currently on a free fall, having lost nine consecutive games and last week they lost at home against Zalgiris Kaunas with an 80-82 score. The top scorer of the league, Keith Langford, leads the Unics offense with 22.5 ppg, 3.6 rpg and 3.7 apg. He is followed by Artsiom Parakhouski with 11.7 ppg, adding team highs in rebounds with 5.1 per game and blocks, with 1.3 per game. Quim Colom also adds 11.7 ppg and a team high 5.8 assists per game.
This will be the fourth time these two teams meet in Euroleague with Unics Kazan having a 3-0 lead. In their previous meeting earlier this season, Unics Kazan won at home with a 73-60 score. Galatasaray have a 7-6 home record so far in the competition, while Unics Kazan are 2-10 on the road. Galatasaray are better offensively, scoring 78.4 ppg to Unics’ 77, while Unics have a better defense, allowing 81.3 ppg to Galatasaray’s 82.8. Galatasaray have better percentages both in 2-pointers (51.3% to 50.9%) and 3-pointers with a league second-best 40.4% to 36.9%. Galatasaray are third in the league in assists, with 19.6 to Unics’ 15.8 and they also have a league-best 3.7 blocks per game, to Unics’ 2.8. Galatasaray are the favorite in this game against one of the weakest road teams of the competition.
Prediction: Galatasaray -5 (-112)
- We have the chance at absolute chaos, especially with the loser point for going to overtime and not winning the game. That could really make things interesting.
- If you can find those advantageous spots, you can still keep using the schedule to your benefit in order to build that bankroll.
- Unicaja @ Valencia Date/Time: 03-28-2017, 14:30 EST Spread: Valencia -8.5 Total: +153.5 It is the Game 1 of the Eurocup Basketball Finals in which we have an all-Spanish showdown as Valencia Basket are hosting Unicaja Malaga at the Fuente De San Luis Arena of Valencia, Spain on Tuesday, March 28th …
- Brescia @ Reggiana Date/Time: 03-27-2017, 15:45 EDT Spread: Reggiana -6.5 Total: +161.5 It is the 24th week of action in the Italian Basketball League (Lega Basket Serie A) and in this game, Pallacanestro Reggiana (also known as Grissin Bon Reggio Emilia), hosts Basket Brescia Leonessa (also known as Germani Basket …
- The Nuggets were the preferred side on the overnights and in the morning based on that news. After opening a five-point favorite, the Nuggets were bumped up to as high as -6 in the marketplace.