Euroleague Prediction: Unics Kazan at Galatasaray
- 20th Mar 2017
- Nick Lagouretos
Last Updated: 2017-03-20
Unics Kazan @ Galatasaray
Date/Time: 03-22-2017, 14:00 EDT
Spread: Galatasaray -5
In the 27th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball, two already eliminated teams playing for prestige only are clashing, when Galatasaray Odeabank Istanbul (9-17) welcomes Unics Kazan (7-19) at the Abdi Ipekci Arena of Istanbul, Turkey on Wednesday March 22nd 2017.
Galatasaray have a league second-worst record of 9-17 so far this season and are currently tied with two more teams in the 12th place of the league table. They have won two of their last three matches and last week they won on the road against Olympiakos with a 71-80 score. Justin Dentmon leads the team in scoring with 12.2 ppg, followed by Vladimir Micov with 11.4 ppg and 3.7 rpg, while Sinan Guler adds 10.6 ppg and team highs in assists, with 5.5 per game and steals with 1.3 per game. Alex Tyus adds 10.2 ppg and team highs in rebounds, with 5.2 per game and blocks, with 1.5 per game.
Unics Kazan have a league-worst record of 7-19 so far this season and are currently tied with Milano in the last place of the league table. They are currently on a free fall, having lost nine consecutive games and last week they lost at home against Zalgiris Kaunas with an 80-82 score. The top scorer of the league, Keith Langford, leads the Unics offense with 22.5 ppg, 3.6 rpg and 3.7 apg. He is followed by Artsiom Parakhouski with 11.7 ppg, adding team highs in rebounds with 5.1 per game and blocks, with 1.3 per game. Quim Colom also adds 11.7 ppg and a team high 5.8 assists per game.
This will be the fourth time these two teams meet in Euroleague with Unics Kazan having a 3-0 lead. In their previous meeting earlier this season, Unics Kazan won at home with a 73-60 score. Galatasaray have a 7-6 home record so far in the competition, while Unics Kazan are 2-10 on the road. Galatasaray are better offensively, scoring 78.4 ppg to Unics’ 77, while Unics have a better defense, allowing 81.3 ppg to Galatasaray’s 82.8. Galatasaray have better percentages both in 2-pointers (51.3% to 50.9%) and 3-pointers with a league second-best 40.4% to 36.9%. Galatasaray are third in the league in assists, with 19.6 to Unics’ 15.8 and they also have a league-best 3.7 blocks per game, to Unics’ 2.8. Galatasaray are the favorite in this game against one of the weakest road teams of the competition.
Prediction: Galatasaray -5 (-112)
- The Toronto Maple Leafs have proven every step of the way that they can play with the Washington Capitals. It would only be fitting to see a Game 7 in this series, but Toronto has to find a way to win Game 6 at the Air Canada Centre first.
- Sundays are the worst days for daily fantasy baseball because of players getting a day off and all of the weekend responsibilities.
- The 2017 NFL schedule was announced on Thursday, and within minutes many books had lines up. Surely there were dollar limits on those bets, but for the average US recreational bettor, more than high enough to accommodate most.
- A bunch of afternoon games are on the docket, so we’ll have to be quick with today’s write-ups in order to get these thoughts out to the masses.
- While the betting public is typically on the over the sportsbooks probably don’t mind a bit of a loss on the total, as it draws a small percentage of wagers compared to the sides and with favorites going 12-14, the books have done all right.