Euroleague Prediction: Olympiakos at Crvena Zvezda mts
- 20th Mar 2017
- Nick Lagouretos
Last Updated: 2017-03-20
Olympiakos @ Crvena Zvezda mts
Date/Time: 03-22-2017, 13:00 EDT
Spread: Crvena Zvezda mts -2
In the 27th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball, two defensive powerhouses face each other, when Crvena Zvezda Mts Belgrade (15-11) are hosting Olympiakos Pireaus (18-8) at the Kombank Arena of Belgrade, Serbia on Wednesday March 22nd 2017.
Crvena Zvezda have a 15-11 record so far this season and are currently tied with two more teams in the 5th place of the league table. They have won three of their last four matches and last week they won on the road against Milano with a 71-78 score. Marko Simonovic is the only team player averaging double digits in scoring with 13 ppg and 3.4 rpg. He is followed by Ognen Kuzmic with 9.8 ppg, adding a team high 7.4 rebounds per game (tied for third-best in the league), while Charles Jenkins adds 9.2 ppg and a team high 2 steals per game. Stefan Jovic adds 7.9 ppg and a team high 5.9 assists per game.
Olympiakos have a league second-best record of 18-8 so far this season and currently sit on the third place of the league table. Last week they saw a two game winning streak getting snapped when they suffered a surprise loss at home against Galatasaray with a 71-80 score. Georgios Printezis leads the team in scoring with 12.8 ppg and 4.9 rpg, followed by Vassilis Spanoulis with 12.4 ppg, adding a team high 6.1 assists per game (tied for second-best in the league). Khem Birch adds 8.2 ppg and team highs in rebounds, with 6.5 per game, and blocks with 1 per game.
This will be the fourth time these two teams meet in Euroleague with Olympiakos having a 3-0 lead. In their previous meeting earlier this season, Olympiakos won at home with a 73-65 score. Crvena Zvezda have a 9-4 home record so far, while Olympiakos are 7-5 on the road. Olympiakos are better offensively, scoring 78.6 ppg to Crvena Zvezda’s 74.8 (second-worse in the league), while both teams are the two top defensive in the league, Olympiakos first with 73.73 ppg and Crvena Zvezda second with 74.15. Olympiakos have better accuracy both in from inside (52.1% and 50.4%) and outside the arc (34.3% to 33.8%). Olympiakos are second-best in rebounds, with 33.8 while Crvena Zvezda are last with 27.9. Crvena Zvezda are better in assists (17.1 to 15.1) and steals (8.9 to 6). It is going to be a close game, but Crvena Zvezda are playing better lately and can get away with the win tonight.
Prediction: Crvena Zvezda mts -2 (-106)
- Real Madrid @ Darussafaka Dogus GAME 3 Date/Time: 04-26-2017, 14:15 EST Spread: Darussafaka Dogus +4 Total: +164.5 Following perhaps the most shocking result of all the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball playoff games so far this season, the series moves to Turkey when the eight-seeded Darussafaka Dogus Istanbul are hosting the …
- Olympiakos @ Anadolu Efes GAME 3 Date/Time: 04-26-2017, 12:30 EST Spread: Anadolu Efes -2.5 Total: +153 After making the break in Piraeus in Game 2, stealing the home court advantage and evening the series 1-1, the series moves to Turkey, where the sixth-seeded Anadolu Efes Istanbul are hosting the third-seeded …
- Panathinaikos @ Fenerbahce GAME 3 Date/Time: 04-25-2017, 13:45 EST Spread: Fenerbahce -5.5 Total: +144.5 After losing their first two home games in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball quarterfinals, the fourth-seeded Panathinaikos Superfoods Athens, facing possible elimination, are visiting Fenerbahce Istanbul with the series moving to Turkey for the third game …
- CSKA Moscow @ Baskonia GAME 3 Date/Time: 04-25-2017, 15:00 EST Spread: Baskonia +2.5 Total: +168.5 With CSKA Moscow leading 2-0 but with both wins coming much harder than anyone would expect, the series now moves to Spain, when the seventh-seeded Baskonia Vitoria Gasteiz, with their backs against the wall, are …
- Match-up : Southampton at Chelsea Date : 4/25/2017 Time : 14:45 EDT Spread : Southampton +1.25 Total : 2.5 Goals Chelsea are coming into this match after securing their presence at the FA Cup final, after defeating Tottenham by 2-4 at home. They will now be looking to secure their …