Euroleague Prediction: Darussafaka Dogus at CSKA Moscow
- 20th Mar 2017
- Nick Lagouretos
Last Updated: 2017-03-20
Darussafaka Dogus @ CSKA Moscow
Date/Time: 03-22-2017, 12:00 EDT
Spread: CSKA Moscow -11.5
In the 27th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball, two teams in need for the win for different reasons are clashing, as CSKA Moscow (19-7), looking to stay on top, are hosting Darussafaka Dogus Istanbul (13-13), who are just one win away from the playoff spots. The game takes place at the Megasports Arena of Moscow, Russia on Wednesday March 22nd 2017.
CSKA Moscow have a league-best record of 19-7 so far this season and are currently tied with Real Madrid in the top of the league table. Last week they saw a four game winning streak getting snapped when they lost on the road against Baskonia by one point, on a 79-78 score. Reigning MVP Nando De Colo leads the CSKA offense with 20.3 ppg and 3.7 apg, followed by Milos Teodosic with 15.8 ppg, adding a team high 7.2 assists per game. Kyle Hines adds 8.2 ppg and 4.3 rpg, while Jeff Ayres is the team’s lead rebounder with 4.8 per game.
Darussafaka have a 13-13 record so far this season and currently sit on the 9th place of the league table, one game behind the 8th Anadolu Efes. They have won two of their last three matches and last week they won at home against Barcelona with a 67-56 score. Brad Wanamaker leads the team in scoring with 15.4 ppg, assists, with 4.8 per game and steals, with 1.5 per game. He is followed by Will Clyburn with 12.8 ppg and 5.2 rpg, Scottie Wilbekin with 10.4 ppg and 3.2 apg, while Ante Zizic adds 9.8 ppg and team highs in rebounds, with 7.6 per game and blocks, with 0.8 per game.
This will be the fourth time these two teams meet in Euroleague with CSKA Moscow having a 2-1 lead. In their previous meeting earlier this season, Darussafaka won at home with a 91-83 score. CSKA Moscow have a 12-1 home record so far, while Darussafaka are 4-9 on the road. CSKA Moscow have the best offense in the league with 87.3 ppg to Darussafaka’s 78.4, while both teams are almost equal defensively with less than half a point difference. CSKA Moscow lead the league both in FG percentage (50.2% to Darussafaka’s league-low of 44%) and in 3-point percentage (40.7%) and are second in assists (20 to Darussafaka’s league-low of 14.4). Darussafaka are only better in rebounding (31.1 to 29.6). CSKA Moscow are the absolute favorite but expect them to win by less than 12 as they prepare for a 2-game week.
Prediction: Darussafaka Dogus +11.5 (-104)
- Real Madrid @ Darussafaka Dogus GAME 3 Date/Time: 04-26-2017, 14:15 EST Spread: Darussafaka Dogus +4 Total: +164.5 Following perhaps the most shocking result of all the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball playoff games so far this season, the series moves to Turkey when the eight-seeded Darussafaka Dogus Istanbul are hosting the …
- Olympiakos @ Anadolu Efes GAME 3 Date/Time: 04-26-2017, 12:30 EST Spread: Anadolu Efes -2.5 Total: +153 After making the break in Piraeus in Game 2, stealing the home court advantage and evening the series 1-1, the series moves to Turkey, where the sixth-seeded Anadolu Efes Istanbul are hosting the third-seeded …
- Panathinaikos @ Fenerbahce GAME 3 Date/Time: 04-25-2017, 13:45 EST Spread: Fenerbahce -5.5 Total: +144.5 After losing their first two home games in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball quarterfinals, the fourth-seeded Panathinaikos Superfoods Athens, facing possible elimination, are visiting Fenerbahce Istanbul with the series moving to Turkey for the third game …
- CSKA Moscow @ Baskonia GAME 3 Date/Time: 04-25-2017, 15:00 EST Spread: Baskonia +2.5 Total: +168.5 With CSKA Moscow leading 2-0 but with both wins coming much harder than anyone would expect, the series now moves to Spain, when the seventh-seeded Baskonia Vitoria Gasteiz, with their backs against the wall, are …
- Match-up : Southampton at Chelsea Date : 4/25/2017 Time : 14:45 EDT Spread : Southampton +1.25 Total : 2.5 Goals Chelsea are coming into this match after securing their presence at the FA Cup final, after defeating Tottenham by 2-4 at home. They will now be looking to secure their …