Euroleague Prediction: Darussafaka Dogus at CSKA Moscow
- 20th Mar 2017
- Nick Lagouretos
Last Updated: 2017-03-20
Darussafaka Dogus @ CSKA Moscow
Date/Time: 03-22-2017, 12:00 EDT
Spread: CSKA Moscow -11.5
In the 27th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball, two teams in need for the win for different reasons are clashing, as CSKA Moscow (19-7), looking to stay on top, are hosting Darussafaka Dogus Istanbul (13-13), who are just one win away from the playoff spots. The game takes place at the Megasports Arena of Moscow, Russia on Wednesday March 22nd 2017.
CSKA Moscow have a league-best record of 19-7 so far this season and are currently tied with Real Madrid in the top of the league table. Last week they saw a four game winning streak getting snapped when they lost on the road against Baskonia by one point, on a 79-78 score. Reigning MVP Nando De Colo leads the CSKA offense with 20.3 ppg and 3.7 apg, followed by Milos Teodosic with 15.8 ppg, adding a team high 7.2 assists per game. Kyle Hines adds 8.2 ppg and 4.3 rpg, while Jeff Ayres is the team’s lead rebounder with 4.8 per game.
Darussafaka have a 13-13 record so far this season and currently sit on the 9th place of the league table, one game behind the 8th Anadolu Efes. They have won two of their last three matches and last week they won at home against Barcelona with a 67-56 score. Brad Wanamaker leads the team in scoring with 15.4 ppg, assists, with 4.8 per game and steals, with 1.5 per game. He is followed by Will Clyburn with 12.8 ppg and 5.2 rpg, Scottie Wilbekin with 10.4 ppg and 3.2 apg, while Ante Zizic adds 9.8 ppg and team highs in rebounds, with 7.6 per game and blocks, with 0.8 per game.
This will be the fourth time these two teams meet in Euroleague with CSKA Moscow having a 2-1 lead. In their previous meeting earlier this season, Darussafaka won at home with a 91-83 score. CSKA Moscow have a 12-1 home record so far, while Darussafaka are 4-9 on the road. CSKA Moscow have the best offense in the league with 87.3 ppg to Darussafaka’s 78.4, while both teams are almost equal defensively with less than half a point difference. CSKA Moscow lead the league both in FG percentage (50.2% to Darussafaka’s league-low of 44%) and in 3-point percentage (40.7%) and are second in assists (20 to Darussafaka’s league-low of 14.4). Darussafaka are only better in rebounding (31.1 to 29.6). CSKA Moscow are the absolute favorite but expect them to win by less than 12 as they prepare for a 2-game week.
Prediction: Darussafaka Dogus +11.5 (-104)
- We have the chance at absolute chaos, especially with the loser point for going to overtime and not winning the game. That could really make things interesting.
- If you can find those advantageous spots, you can still keep using the schedule to your benefit in order to build that bankroll.
- Unicaja @ Valencia Date/Time: 03-28-2017, 14:30 EST Spread: Valencia -8.5 Total: +153.5 It is the Game 1 of the Eurocup Basketball Finals in which we have an all-Spanish showdown as Valencia Basket are hosting Unicaja Malaga at the Fuente De San Luis Arena of Valencia, Spain on Tuesday, March 28th …
- Brescia @ Reggiana Date/Time: 03-27-2017, 15:45 EDT Spread: Reggiana -6.5 Total: +161.5 It is the 24th week of action in the Italian Basketball League (Lega Basket Serie A) and in this game, Pallacanestro Reggiana (also known as Grissin Bon Reggio Emilia), hosts Basket Brescia Leonessa (also known as Germani Basket …
- The Nuggets were the preferred side on the overnights and in the morning based on that news. After opening a five-point favorite, the Nuggets were bumped up to as high as -6 in the marketplace.