Euroleague Prediction: Barcelona at Real Madrid
- 20th Mar 2017
- Nick Lagouretos
Last Updated: 2017-03-20
Barcelona @ Real Madrid
Date/Time: 03-22-2017, 16:00 EDT
Spread: Real Madrid -9
In the 27th round of action in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball we have the Spanish “El Classico” in which the league leaders of Real Madrid (19-7) are hosting a struggling FC Barcelona Lassa (10-16), who will be eliminated from the playoffs with a loss tonight. The game takes place at the Wizink Center of Madrid, Spain on Wednesday March 22nd 2017.
Real Madrid have a league-best record of 19-7 so far this season and are currently tied with CSKA Moscow in the top of the league table. They have lost two of their last three matches and last week they lost on the road against Panathinaikos with a 88-82 score. Sergio Llull leads the team in scoring with 16.2 ppg (third-best in the league), adding a league-best 6.3 assists per game. He is followed by Anthony Randolph with 10.1 ppg, adding team highs in rebounds, with 5.3 per game and blocks, with 1 per game. Gustavo Ayon adds 9.7 ppg and 4.9 rpg and Luka Doncic adds 8.7 ppg, 4.3 rpg and 4.2 apg.
Barcelona have a 10-16 record so far this season and currently sit on the 11th place of the league table and with a loss tonight they get officially eliminated from the playoffs. They have lost two of their last three matches and last week they lost on the road against Darussafaka with a 67-56 score. Tyrese Rice leads the team in scoring with 13.5 ppg, adding team highs in assists with 5.2 per game and steals, with 1.2 per game. He is followed by Petteri Koponen with 10 ppg, while Ante Tomic adds 8.5 ppg and a team high 5.7 rebounds per game.
This will be the 21st time these two teams meet in Euroleague with Barcelona having a 11-9 lead. In their previous meeting in Euroleague earlier this season, Real Madrid humiliated Barcelona on the road with a 63-102 score. They also clashed twice in the Spanish league this season, where each team managed to win at home. Real Madrid have a 11-1 home record so far, while Barcelona are 3-10 on the road. Real Madrid have the second-best offense in the league with 87 ppg to Barcelona’s league-worse of 71.7. Defensively, Barcelona are better allowing 75.5 ppg to Real’s 79.8. Real Madrid have the best 2-point percentage in the league with 56.77% to Barcelona’s second-worst of 49.17%. Real also lead the league in rebounds with 34.1 to Barcelona’s 30.8, and assists with 21 to Barcelona’s 17.3. Real Madrid are the absolute favorite tonight and expect an easy win by more than 9 points.
Prediction: Real Madrid -9 (-109)
- The price for this game is very high, especially with Zack Greinke being a worse pitcher at Chase field than at other fields in the MLB. Even still, Jhoulys Chacin is in a much worse position in a homerun field than is Greinke.
- Real Madrid @ Darussafaka Dogus GAME 3 Date/Time: 04-26-2017, 14:15 EST Spread: Darussafaka Dogus +4 Total: +164.5 Following perhaps the most shocking result of all the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball playoff games so far this season, the series moves to Turkey when the eight-seeded Darussafaka Dogus Istanbul are hosting the …
- Olympiakos @ Anadolu Efes GAME 3 Date/Time: 04-26-2017, 12:30 EST Spread: Anadolu Efes -2.5 Total: +153 After making the break in Piraeus in Game 2, stealing the home court advantage and evening the series 1-1, the series moves to Turkey, where the sixth-seeded Anadolu Efes Istanbul are hosting the third-seeded …
- Panathinaikos @ Fenerbahce GAME 3 Date/Time: 04-25-2017, 13:45 EST Spread: Fenerbahce -5.5 Total: +144.5 After losing their first two home games in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball quarterfinals, the fourth-seeded Panathinaikos Superfoods Athens, facing possible elimination, are visiting Fenerbahce Istanbul with the series moving to Turkey for the third game …
- CSKA Moscow @ Baskonia GAME 3 Date/Time: 04-25-2017, 15:00 EST Spread: Baskonia +2.5 Total: +168.5 With CSKA Moscow leading 2-0 but with both wins coming much harder than anyone would expect, the series now moves to Spain, when the seventh-seeded Baskonia Vitoria Gasteiz, with their backs against the wall, are …