Eurocup Semifinals Prediction: Hapoel M. Jerusalem at Valencia
- 20th Mar 2017
- Nick Lagouretos
Last Updated: 2017-03-20
Hapoel M. Jerusalem @ Valencia
Date/Time: 03-22-2017, 15:30 EDT
Spread: Valencia -7.5
In the only series that made it to Game 3 in the Eurocup Basketball Semifinals we have a win or go home situation for both teams, as Valencia Basket are hosting Hapoel Bank Yahav Jerusalem at the Fuente De San Luis Arena of Valencia, Spain on Wednesday, March 22nd 2017. The winner of this game will advance to the Finals, where Unicaja are waiting after eliminating Lokomotiv Kuban 2-0.
In Game 2 last Friday, Hapoel won at home with a 79-66 score, using a huge fourth quarter to even the series to 1-1 and force a decisive game 3. Hapoel entered the fourth quarter trailing by four points, but they managed to put together both their best offensive and defensive effort in the fourth quarter and managed to outscore Valencia 26-9 in that span. Curtis Jerrells led the comeback by scoring 13 of his 17 points in the final quarter, adding 4 rebounds and 5 assists. Tarence Kinsey led the team with 18 points on 5/7 2-pointers, while Yotam Halperin added 11 points with 2 fourth-quarter triples. Stoudamire almost double doubled with 9 points and 8 rebounds. Hapoel balanced their inferior 2-point shooting (41.7% to 47.7%) with superior shooting from beyond the arc, with 11/21 3-pointers for a 52.4%, while Valencia shot 4/24 for a 16.7%. Rafa Martinez was the sole bright spot for the guests, with a game high 22 points and 5 rebounds.
Valencia have a 9-1 home record so far in the competition, while Hapoel are 5-4 on the road. This will be the 9th time those two teams meet in Eurocup, with Valencia having a 5-3 edge. Both teams are almost equal offensively, with Valencia scoring 82.5 and Hapoel 82.2 ppg, while Valencia have the second-best defense in the league, allowing 73.8 ppg to Hapoel’s 78.83. Hapoel have better percentages both in 2-pointers, with a league third-best of 49.3% to Valencia’s 46% and in 3-pointers with a league’s third-best of 39.2% to Valencia’s 33.7% and also block more shots (3.1 to 2.3). Valencia lead the league in rebounds with 34.8 to Hapoel’s 30.3, they also dish more assists (19.2 to 17.6) and have a better free throw percentage (78.4% to 72.1%). Valencia have been extremely effective at home and won once already against Hapoel by 25 points in Game 1, so expect a relatively easy win by more than 8 points tonight.
Prediction : Valencia -7.5 (-111)
- The Indy 500 takes place on Sunday, May 28th at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, with a start time of 12:20 pm Eastern on ABC.
- The Monaco Grand Prix takes place on Sunday, May 28th at Circuit de Monaco, with a start time of 8 am Eastern on NBC.
- The Boston Celtics visit the Cleveland Cavaliers on Tuesday, May 23rd in Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Finals, with a start time of 8:30 pm Eastern on TNT.
- The Senators will need to pull out all the stops in game 6 if they want to force a game 7 in Pittsburgh. The opening faceoff for game 6 is scheduled for 8:00 PM EST. The game will be broadcast live on NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports and Sportsnet.
- The St. Louis Cardinals visit the Los Angeles Dodgers on Tuesday, May 23rd in the opener of a three-game series, with a start time of 10:10 pm Eastern on ESPN.