Eurocup Semifinals Prediction: Hapoel M. Jerusalem at Valencia
- 20th Mar 2017
- Nick Lagouretos
Last Updated: 2017-03-20
Hapoel M. Jerusalem @ Valencia
Date/Time: 03-22-2017, 15:30 EDT
Spread: Valencia -7.5
In the only series that made it to Game 3 in the Eurocup Basketball Semifinals we have a win or go home situation for both teams, as Valencia Basket are hosting Hapoel Bank Yahav Jerusalem at the Fuente De San Luis Arena of Valencia, Spain on Wednesday, March 22nd 2017. The winner of this game will advance to the Finals, where Unicaja are waiting after eliminating Lokomotiv Kuban 2-0.
In Game 2 last Friday, Hapoel won at home with a 79-66 score, using a huge fourth quarter to even the series to 1-1 and force a decisive game 3. Hapoel entered the fourth quarter trailing by four points, but they managed to put together both their best offensive and defensive effort in the fourth quarter and managed to outscore Valencia 26-9 in that span. Curtis Jerrells led the comeback by scoring 13 of his 17 points in the final quarter, adding 4 rebounds and 5 assists. Tarence Kinsey led the team with 18 points on 5/7 2-pointers, while Yotam Halperin added 11 points with 2 fourth-quarter triples. Stoudamire almost double doubled with 9 points and 8 rebounds. Hapoel balanced their inferior 2-point shooting (41.7% to 47.7%) with superior shooting from beyond the arc, with 11/21 3-pointers for a 52.4%, while Valencia shot 4/24 for a 16.7%. Rafa Martinez was the sole bright spot for the guests, with a game high 22 points and 5 rebounds.
Valencia have a 9-1 home record so far in the competition, while Hapoel are 5-4 on the road. This will be the 9th time those two teams meet in Eurocup, with Valencia having a 5-3 edge. Both teams are almost equal offensively, with Valencia scoring 82.5 and Hapoel 82.2 ppg, while Valencia have the second-best defense in the league, allowing 73.8 ppg to Hapoel’s 78.83. Hapoel have better percentages both in 2-pointers, with a league third-best of 49.3% to Valencia’s 46% and in 3-pointers with a league’s third-best of 39.2% to Valencia’s 33.7% and also block more shots (3.1 to 2.3). Valencia lead the league in rebounds with 34.8 to Hapoel’s 30.3, they also dish more assists (19.2 to 17.6) and have a better free throw percentage (78.4% to 72.1%). Valencia have been extremely effective at home and won once already against Hapoel by 25 points in Game 1, so expect a relatively easy win by more than 8 points tonight.
Prediction : Valencia -7.5 (-111)
- We have the chance at absolute chaos, especially with the loser point for going to overtime and not winning the game. That could really make things interesting.
- If you can find those advantageous spots, you can still keep using the schedule to your benefit in order to build that bankroll.
- Unicaja @ Valencia Date/Time: 03-28-2017, 14:30 EST Spread: Valencia -8.5 Total: +153.5 It is the Game 1 of the Eurocup Basketball Finals in which we have an all-Spanish showdown as Valencia Basket are hosting Unicaja Malaga at the Fuente De San Luis Arena of Valencia, Spain on Tuesday, March 28th …
- Brescia @ Reggiana Date/Time: 03-27-2017, 15:45 EDT Spread: Reggiana -6.5 Total: +161.5 It is the 24th week of action in the Italian Basketball League (Lega Basket Serie A) and in this game, Pallacanestro Reggiana (also known as Grissin Bon Reggio Emilia), hosts Basket Brescia Leonessa (also known as Germani Basket …
- The Nuggets were the preferred side on the overnights and in the morning based on that news. After opening a five-point favorite, the Nuggets were bumped up to as high as -6 in the marketplace.