Duquesne at Davidson Free NCAAB Betting Pick
- 06th Jan 2016
- Donald Phillips
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
The Duquesne Dukes (10-4) will try to slow down the Atlantic 10’s top scoring team when they take on the Davidson Wildcats (8-4) at Belk Arena. The game gets underway at 7:00 pm ET on Wednesday, Jan. 6.
The Wildcats were beaten by St. Bonaventure 97-85 on Saturday. Jordan Watkins finished with 23 points to lead the team. The Dukes, meanwhile, are coming off a 66-58 loss at the hands of Dayton on Saturday. Darius Lewis accumulated 12 points, six rebounds, and two blocks.
The Wildcats should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. They rank second in the nation at avoiding errors (TO% of 13.6%). Meanwhile, Duquesne forces the 54th-fewest turnovers in the nation (16.7%).
For updated lines, check out BTB’s College Basketball Odds.
Even with a positive Straight Up (SU) record of 8-4, the Wildcats are 2-9 Against The Spread (ATS) in those games. The Wildcats have one of the most prolific offenses in the entire nation, averaging 82.0 points per game. Few teams in the nation have a higher assist-to-turnover ratio than Davidson, which ranks 19th at 1.57.
On the other side, Duquesne has a SU record of 10-4 and an ATS record of 4-3. Duquesne is one of the top three-point shooting teams in the nation, converting 9.0 shots from three-point range per game. The Dukes are a force on the boards, grabbing an average of 40.6 rebounds per game.
This is the first meeting of the season for the conference rivals. The last time they played, Davidson came out on top, moving its SU record against the Dukes to 2-0. The Wildcats also hold the advantage ATS with a record of 2-0.
Predictions: SU Winner – Duq, ATS Winner – Duq
Duquesne is 3-14 SU in its last 17 games on the road.
Davidson is 18-6 SU in its last 24 games.
Davidson is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games at home.
Davidson averages 82.0 points per game (ranked 36th). Duquesne, on the other hand, allows 73.4 points per game (ranked 221st).
Davidson scores 83.1 points per home game (ranked 89th). Duquesne ranks a poor 211th in points allowed on the road, allowing 76.8 points.
The Davidson Wildcats average 73.7 possessions and 1.113 points per possession in games this season. The Duquesne Dukes average fewer possessions with 73.1, as well as fewer points per possession with 1.092.
The Davidson Wildcats average an effective field goal percentage of 52.1% this season. The Duquesne Dukes have a winning 2-1 record in games where opponents have an eFG% of 52.1% or greater.
On average, Davidson attempts 28.0 three pointers and Duquesne attempts 25.0. Both teams have winning records when they have 20 or more three point attempts. The Davidson Wildcats sit at 8-4 and the Duquesne Dukes are 9-3.
The 19th-ranked team in the category, Davidson has an assist-to-turnover ratio of 1.57 this season. Duquesne ranks 97th with an A/TO of 1.20.
Davidson ranks 300th in offensive rebounds, while Duquesne ranks ninth in defensive rebounds.
On average, Davidson forces a turnover rate of 18.5%. When Duquesne turns over the ball at a similar or higher rate, the team has a fantastic 6-1 record.
- With North Carolina favored by a couple of possessions, the total is gradually increasing at 151.5 and it wouldn’t be a surprise to see those two trends continue.
- The Bulldogs are favored by six at the CRIS books, DSI and Bookmaker, with a total of 138.5.
- Match-up : USA at Panama Date : 3/28/2017 Time : 22:05 EDT Spread : USA -0.25 Total : 2.25 Goals Two teams that are coming off opposite results on Friday for the 2018 World Cup Qualifiers are clashing against each other on Tuesday, March 28th, when Panama will be hosting …
- Match-up : Mexico at Trinidad & Tobago Date : 3/28/2017 Time : 19:00 EDT Spread : Mexico -1 Total : 2.25 Goals Mexico are leading the 6-team group for the 2018 World Cup Qualifiers, as they are the only team to still remain undefeated after 3 matches. They will now …
- Match-up : Costa Rica at Honduras Date : 3/28/2017 Time : 17:00 EDT Spread : Honduras +0.25 Total : 2.25 Goals Honduras will be looking to overcome their disappointing defeat by 0-6 in the hands of USA when they host Costa Rica on Tuesday, March 28th. Both teams are coming …