Duke vs. Miami Picks
- Updated: January 23, 2013
College Basketball Picks
Date/Time: January 23rd, 7:00 pm ET
College Basketball Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Duke -2
Basketball Betting Game Trends
Duke Blue Devils
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Duke’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Miami
- Duke is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Miami
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Duke’s last 6 games on the road
- Duke is 9-1 SU in its last 10 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Miami’s last 5 games when playing at home against Duke
- Miami is 2-11 SU in its last 13 games when playing Duke
- Miami is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Duke
- Miami is 1-3-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Duke
- Miami is 5-1-1 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Duke
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Miami’s last 11 games when playing Duke
NCAA Basketball Pick – January 23rd
First place in the ACC is going to be on the line on Wednesday night in college basketball betting action, as the Miami Hurricanes play host to the Duke Blue Devils at the Bank Atlantic Center in South Beach.
The Dookies have only played one legitimate road game this year, and that’s why they are only very short favorites in this game. Their schedule has been tough, but they haven’t fared well in their one real road test against a very comparable NC State Wolfpack outfit. This is a longer road trip against a team that might be more talented and certainly has a better defense, so this could be a frustrating game. Without F Ryan Kelly, the Blue Devils definitely are missing some sort of spark. F Mason Plumlee has averaged 34 minutes per night this year, and G Seth Curry and G Quinn Cook have helped pick up the slack from Curry’s absence. Plumlee is averaging 17.4 points and 11.5 boards per game, but he is going to have his hands full with the Miami bigs in this one from start to finish. It is absolutely imperative that Plumlee stays out of foul trouble, because if he doesn’t, we have no doubt that the Hurricanes are going to beat this team.
The Hurricanes have one of the top RPIs in the country (4th entering this week), and they are riding high to a 4-0 SU and 3-1 ATS start to the conference slate. This is just their second conference tussle at home, and we aren’t all that sure that they are anywhere near as good as that all suggests. Remember that the ACC really doesn’t have all that much in the way of great teams this year, and beating Boston College, Georgia Tech, and North Carolina on the road and Maryland at home doesn’t do it for us. The team is really missing a big time scorer. It feels like G Durand Scott has floundered a bit this year in big moments, though he is still the club’s leading scorer at 13.8 points per game. F Kenny Kadji and F Julian Gamble are both monsters in the paint, but the team isn’t the same without C Reggie Johnson out there. The backcourt isn’t good enough to make up for the fact that the frontcourt is missing a key contributor.
This is going to be a wakeup call for the Hurricanes. Don’t get us wrong, as we do think that the Blue Devils are going to struggle just a bit. We don’t think though, that they are going to ultimately lose. Down the stretch, Plumlee is going to prove that he is one of the best big men in America, and he’ll have some big baskets to put away the Canes. Duke 71 – Miami 66