Duke vs. North Carolina Pick
- Updated: March 9, 2013
College Basketball Picks
Date/Time: March 9th, 9:00 pm ET
College Basketball Odds from Sportsbook
Point Spread: UNC -2
Basketball Betting Game Trends
Duke Blue Devils
- Duke is 11-5 SU in its last 16 games when playing on the road against North Carolina
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Duke’s last 11 games on the road
- Duke is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games on the road
- Duke is 13-4 SU in its last 17 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Duke’s last 5 games when playing on the road against North Carolina
North Carolina Tar Heels
- North Carolina is 5-11 SU in its last 16 games when playing at home against Duke
- North Carolina is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against Duke
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of North Carolina’s last 9 games when playing Duke
- North Carolina is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games when playing Duke
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of North Carolina’s last 9 games at home
NCAA Basketball Pick – March 9th
Even though the game really isn’t going to ultimately mean all that much to either team, the Duke Blue Devils and the North Carolina Tar Heels still always put on a show when they get on the court together. Saturday night will be no exception in this clash on Tobacco Road to beat the NCAA basketball betting lines.
Duke clearly has the more to prove of these two teams. We would like to think that either getting into the ACC Tournament Final or winning this game and avoiding a bad loss in the ACC Tourney would be the key to getting the Dookies a No. 1 seed in March Madness. The club really has started to roll once again, and now that F Ryan Kelly is back in the lineup and scoring at will, the offense is truly frightening. Kelly has put up 18 and 36 points in his two games since returning from injury, and as a result, the Blue Devils have put up 79 and 85 points in those outings. Of course, that’s not all that Duke brings to the table. G Seth Curry, F Mason Plumlee, G Quinn Cook, and G Rasheed Sulaimon are all freaks of athletic nature, and these are the men that really could propel the Blue Devils to the Final Four once again.
The argument could be made that North Carolina is void of big time wins on its resume, but at this point, with the bubble as weak as it is, we don’t see any way that the Heels aren’t dancing, especially knowing that the names on the fronts of the jerseys to count for something. Though the quality of competition hasn’t always been great, the Tar Heels have scored six straight wins and seven straight covers dating back to when they challenged the Blue Devils in Durham as 10.5-point underdogs. It really is the defense that has come to play for Head Coach Roy Williams, and if this team can combine a little bit of ‘D’ with its stellar well-rounded offense, this is a team that could make some noise in March. The ‘D’ has held teams to an average of just 61.6 points per game in the last five outings, a far cry from the near 70 points per game it was conceding prior to this.
Of course, the big question that we have with Duke is whether it really has the ability to play on the road or not. This is as big of a road game as there is to offer in the ACC, save for the trip to Miami, and we think that the Blue Devils are going to find a way to make this work. Chapel Hill will be rocking, but we think that the Dookies will come forward with a top seed clinching ‘W’ in this tight game. Duke 72 – North Carolina 68