Detroit Lions vs. Chicago Bears Free Pick
- Updated: October 22, 2012
Date/Time: Monday, Oct.22 8:30 p.m. (ET)
NFL Odds from Vietbet
Point Spread: Chicago -6
NFL Betting Game Trends
- Detroit is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Detroit’s last 7 games
- Detroit is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- Detroit is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of Detroit’s last 13 games on the road
- Chicago is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Chicago’s last 8 games at home
- Chicago is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games at home
- Chicago is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games when playing Detroit
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Chicago’s last 7 games when playing Detroit
NFL Pick – Week 7
Detroit may have saved its season with last Sunday’s 26-23 dramatic come-from-behind overtime victory over Philadelphia as a 3.5-point road underdog, but it can get back in the thick of the NFC North race with a win on Monday night. The Lions are 2-3 straight-up on the year and 1-4 against the spread. The total has gone OVER in two of their last three games.
Despite the fourth-quarter heroics of quarterback Matthew Stafford, Detroit still has issues with consistently putting points on the board. It managed just 19 points on the road in a loss against San Francisco in Week 3 and was held to just 13 points against Minnesota on Sept.30. It also does not help that the Lions defense is ranked 24th in the NFL in points allowed; giving-up an average of 27.4 points a game.
Chicago comes into this matchup well rested after a bye week. It is leading the division with an overall record of 4-1 both SU and ATS. Before last weekend’s break, the Bears knocked-off Jacksonville 41-3 as six-point favorites on the road after hammering Dallas 34-18 as three-point road underdogs in Week 4. The total has gone OVER in three of their five games.
As goes Jay Cutler goes Chicago’s offense despite also having Matt Forte and Michael Bush running the ball. When Cutler plays to his ability the Bears normally win and when he does not they usually loose. He has thrown for 1,209 yards and seven touchdowns but has been intercepted seven times as well. Chicago’s defense remains the heart and soul of the team and at the top of its game. It is ranked third in the league in total yards allowed and first in scoring; giving-up an average of just 14.2 points a game.
Detroit was extremely lucky to win last week as a couple of close calls went its way. The Lions will not have that luxury again this Monday night as the Bears will be primed for a solid showing under the prime-time lights of the national stage. This is a golden opportunity for Chicago to make the statement that the road to the NFC North title this season goes through Soldier Field. Chicago 31 Detroit 17
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013