Denver Nuggets at Houston Rockets Odds Pick & Predictions
- 20th Mar 2017
- Admir Aljic
|Monday, 3/20/2017 at 8:05 PM||DENVER (33-36) at HOUSTON (48-22)|
|Results||Offensive Statistics||Defensive Statistics|
|609: DENVER||238.0||111.1||110.8||33-36||36-31-2||43-25-1||40.8 / 87.4|
|18.8 / 24.6|
|10.7 / 28.6|
|12.3 / 55.0|
|41.9 / 87.6|
|17.4 / 22.2|
|9.6 / 25.5|
|9.2 / 47.9|
40.2 / 86.9
20.3 / 26.6
14.6 / 40.4
10.9 / 52.9
40.6 / 87.8
17.3 / 22.3
9.9 / 28.6
10.5 / 52.3
Last Updated: 2017-03-20
The Denver Nuggets are heading to Houston for a rematch against the Rockets. Two teams have met on Saturday night in Denver when the Rockets outscored the Nuggets with 109-105, ending their four-game winning streak. The game is scheduled for Monday, March 20th at 08:00 PM ET.
The Nuggets are only 1 ½ games in front of Portland for final playoff spot
The Denver Nuggets (33-36) hold the eight spot in the Western conference at the moment with 1 ½ games in front of the Trail Blazers and 4 ½ games behind Memphis Grizzlies. With 13 games left before the end of regular season, Nuggets are in a relatively good position to make the playoffs but there will be no room for mistakes. They got their four-games winning streak snapped on Saturday by the Rockets and a little payback might take place if they manage to overcome the errors from the previous matchup. The Nuggets are 7-3 in their last 10 games and a win in Houston would contribute greatly to their post-season bid. Eight Nuggets players got on the scoreboard on Saturday scoring at least nine points. Gary Harris led the team in scoring with 17 points while Nikola Jokić and Juan Hernangomes added 16 and 15. Kenneth Faried added 11 points, Jamal Murray got 12 points, and Will Barton scored 10 from the bench. Jameer Nelson topped the team in passing aspect with 11 assists accompanied with 15 points and seven boards.
Danilo Gallinari leads the team in scoring this season with 17.7 points while he also adds 4.9 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game. Nikola Jokić and Wilson Chandler average 16.1 while Jokić also tops the team in rebounding with 9.4 boards per match. Team’s leading passer is Jameer Nelson with 5.0 assists while adding 9.4 points and 2.5 rebounds per contest.
Injured players are Danilo Gallinari (Knee) and Wilson Chandler (Groin) who are listed questionable against the Rockets while Darrell Arthur (Knee) is ruled out.
Place: Toyota Center, Houston, Texas
Date/Time: Monday, March 20th, 2017. 08:00 PM ET
TV Coverage: Altitude/Root Sports
The Rockets clinch the playoff berth
The Houston Rockets (48-22) secured a playoff spot on Tuesday thanks to Portland Trail Blazers defeat by New Orleans Pelicans. They are currently ranked third in the Western conference behind the Warriors and Spurs and second in Southwest division. They are 6-4 in the last 10 games with latest loss coming against the Pelicans on Friday that snapped their three-game winning streak over Chicago, Cleveland and LA Lakers. James Harden led the team in a win against the Nuggets with a triple-double performance (40 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists) while Clint Capela contributed with 16 points and eight rebounds (five offensive rebounds). Help from the bench came in the form of Nene Hilario who scored 14 points along with seven rebounds while Lou Williams and Eric Gordon added 12 and 10 scores.
James Harden is having another remarkable season as he tops the Rockets in points (29.2), rebounds (8.1) and assists (11.2). Gordon and Williams average 16.4 and 15.2 points while Ryan Anderson adds 13.5 points per contest. Other solid contributors are Clint Capela (12.5 points, 7.8 boards), Trevor Ariza (11.5 points 5.8 boards) and Patrick Beverly (9.3 points, 5.8 boards, 4.3 assists).
Sam Dekker (Back) and Nene Hilario (Rest) are listed as day-to-day with light injuries.
Denver Nuggets at Houston Rockets Game Trends & Prediction
The Denver Nuggets are 37-32-0 ATS overall, 19-17-0 at home and 17-15-0 away. They are 43-25-1 Over/Under (63.2% Over – 2nd in NBA), 22-13-1 at home and 20-12-0 away. The Nuggets are 7-3 ATS and 4-6 Over/Under in their last 10 games, and 3-2 ATS and 3-2 Over/Under in their last 5 road games.
The Houston Rockets are 40-30-0 ATS overall, 16-18-0 at home and 24-12-0 away (1st in the NBA). They are 36-33-1 Over/Under, 19-15-0 at home and 17-18-1 away. The Rockets are 6-4 ATS and 4-5-1 Over/Under in their last 10 games, and 2-3 ATS and 3-2 Over/Under in their last 5 home games.
The Nuggets score 111.1 (108.5 away) and allow 110.8 (11.8 away) points per game. The Rockets score 115.3 (117.0 at home) and allow 108.4 (207.0 at home) points per game.
The Rockets are 2-0 this year against the Nuggets (92-85 overall). They have a better record and are the favorites on Monday but it probably won’t be easy as planned. This will also probably be a very high-scoring game given the stat sheet.
Considering that the lines are still not out for this matchup, according to my predictions, the lines should favor the Rockets with 4 points, while the total could be set at 222 points. If so, I would pick the Houston Rockets and go with the Over.
My Pick: Houston Rockets -4
Total: Over 222 points
- The price for this game is very high, especially with Zack Greinke being a worse pitcher at Chase field than at other fields in the MLB. Even still, Jhoulys Chacin is in a much worse position in a homerun field than is Greinke.
- Real Madrid @ Darussafaka Dogus GAME 3 Date/Time: 04-26-2017, 14:15 EST Spread: Darussafaka Dogus +4 Total: +164.5 Following perhaps the most shocking result of all the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball playoff games so far this season, the series moves to Turkey when the eight-seeded Darussafaka Dogus Istanbul are hosting the …
- Olympiakos @ Anadolu Efes GAME 3 Date/Time: 04-26-2017, 12:30 EST Spread: Anadolu Efes -2.5 Total: +153 After making the break in Piraeus in Game 2, stealing the home court advantage and evening the series 1-1, the series moves to Turkey, where the sixth-seeded Anadolu Efes Istanbul are hosting the third-seeded …
- Panathinaikos @ Fenerbahce GAME 3 Date/Time: 04-25-2017, 13:45 EST Spread: Fenerbahce -5.5 Total: +144.5 After losing their first two home games in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball quarterfinals, the fourth-seeded Panathinaikos Superfoods Athens, facing possible elimination, are visiting Fenerbahce Istanbul with the series moving to Turkey for the third game …
- CSKA Moscow @ Baskonia GAME 3 Date/Time: 04-25-2017, 15:00 EST Spread: Baskonia +2.5 Total: +168.5 With CSKA Moscow leading 2-0 but with both wins coming much harder than anyone would expect, the series now moves to Spain, when the seventh-seeded Baskonia Vitoria Gasteiz, with their backs against the wall, are …