Dartmouth at Fairfield Free College Basketball Pick
- 04th Jan 2016
- Donald Phillips
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
This matchup between the Dartmouth Big Green and Fairfield Stags will take place at Alumni Hall. The game gets underway at 7:00 pm ET on Monday, Jan. 4.
The Stags were beaten by Manhattan 72-66 on Saturday. Tyler Nelson played well for Fairfield, contributing 19 points, five rebounds, and three steals. The Big Green, meanwhile, are coming off a tough 62-60 loss at the hands of Bryant on Thursday. Evan Boudreaux had a solid game, recording his third double-double of the season with 16 points and 13 rebounds.
This game should be a battle of contrasting styles. The Stags (ranked 13th in the nation in possessions per game) prefer an up-tempo style of play, while the Big Green (283rd) are more half-court oriented.
Fairfield is a five-point favorite in this game and the Over/Under (O/U) is 142 points.
For updated lines, check out BTB’s College Basketball Odds.
The Stags look to improve upon their records of 6-6 Straight Up (SU) and 3-4 Against The Spread (ATS). Fairfield has the 41st-most assists in Division I, averaging 16.8 per game.
Across the court, the Big Green are a terrible bet ATS with a winless record of 0-3 to go along with a 4-7 SU record.
Fairfield and Dartmouth have not played one another in a regular season matchup in recent years.
Predictions: SU Winner – Dart, ATS Winner – Dart, O/U – Over
Dartmouth is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games on the road.
Fairfield is 7-18 SU in its last 25 games.
The Fairfield Stags average 79.0 points per game, ranking 76th in the nation. The Dartmouth Big Green rank 98th in points allowed with 67.3.
On average, Fairfield has 75.5 possessions per game and scores 1.047 points on each possession. Dartmouth has both fewer possessions (67.4) and scores fewer points during those possessions (.986).
The Dartmouth Big Green average an effective field goal percentage of 46.2% this season. The Fairfield Stags have split their games this season (4-4) when opponents have an eFG% of 46.2% or greater.
Fairfield attempts an average of 26.0 three pointers per game and Dartmouth attempts 16.0. In games where they have 20 or more three point attempts, the Fairfield Stags have a 5-6 record while the Dartmouth Big Green are winless at 0-3.
Dartmouth ranks 130th in offensive rebounds, while Fairfield ranks at 82nd in defensive rebounds.
Dartmouth is one of the top teams in forced turnovers, with opponents averaging a TO% of 22.9% (ranked 25th). Fairfield is winless this season (0-2 SU) when its TO% reaches 22.9% or greater.
- The Penguins are around a -135 favorite out there in the betting market, despite a boatload of injuries and a Senators team right in the thick of the Atlantic Division chase for first place.
- If this number closes 3.5 or 4, this will be the first time this season that the Nets have been favored by more than a possession. As it is, it’s just the third time this season the Brooklyn will close a favorite.
- As we head into the Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California, there are a lot of surprises on the standings board.
- The Wizards and Hawks stayed under the total for us on Wednesday and now we’re faced with a fairly light schedule on Thursday with just five games on a night most people will have their attention glued to college basketball.
- The New York Knicks (27-43) are heading west to Portland this week where they’ll meet the Trail Blazers (32-38) at the MODA Center on Thursday.