Dallas Cowboys vs. Atlanta Falcons Free Pick
- Updated: November 4, 2012
Date/Time: Sunday, Nov.4 8:20 p.m. (ET)
NFL Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Atlanta -4
NFL Betting Game Trends
- Dallas is 4-10 ATS in its last 14 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Dallas’s last 10 games
- Dallas is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Dallas’s last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Dallas’s last 6 games when playing Atlanta
- Atlanta is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Atlanta’s last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Atlanta’s last 10 games at home
- Atlanta is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Atlanta’s last 6 games when playing Dallas
NFL Pick – Week 9
The Cowboys were literally inches away from sweeping the New York Giants this season, but a late touchdown was ruled out of bounds in last Sunday’s heart-breaking 29-24 loss to their NFC East rivals. The loss dropped Dallas under .500 on the year at 3-4 both straight-up and against the spread. The total has gone OVER in three of its last four games.
It hard to say this team is snake-bit, but the Cowboys overall record does not really reflect their play on the field. The only real blow-out losses have been to Seattle on the road and Chicago at home. While quarterback Tony Romo continues to shoulder most of the blame for the team’s record, the real problem has been a defense that has struggled to keep opponents out of the end zone. Dallas is ranked fourth in the NFL in total yards allowed but just 18th in points allowed.
Atlanta is running away with the NFC South at 7-0 SU and remains the only undefeated team in the NFL. It is 5-2 ATS and the total has stayed UNDER in four of its last six games. Last Sunday in Philadelphia, the Falcons played one of their most complete games of the season in a 30-17 rout as three-point road underdogs.
People are always going to question just how good this team is until Atlanta does something in the postseason, but in terms of Sunday night’s game, it comes in as one of the most complete and balanced teams in the league. Matt Ryan has the offense cooking with an average of 270.7 passing yards a game to help the Falcons average 28.7 points a game. The defense has done its part by holding its opponents to just 18.6 points a game.
As the victories keep piling-up, the harder it gets to keep a winning streak alive, especially in the NFL. Dallas comes into this game reeking of desperation, while Atlanta could easily afford a loss with a four-game cushion in the division. This all adds-up to much more consistent performance by the Cowboys and a let-down by the Falcons. Dallas 27 Atlanta 17
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013