Columbia at Cornell Free CBB Pick
- 23rd Jan 2016
- Matt Barnes
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
It will be a battle between Ivy League opponents when the Cornell Big Red (7-8) welcome the Columbia Lions (12-6) to Newman Arena at The Fieldhouse. Action starts at 4:00 pm ET on Saturday, Jan. 23 and can be seen on ES3.
This will be the second matchup of the season between these two teams. The Lions won the first game 74-70. Rosenberg had a standout performance in the victory, putting up 14 points, four rebounds, two assists, two steals, and one three-pointer.
Cornell, a three-point underdog, will look to capitalize at home against Columbia. The Over/Under (O/U) is sitting at 145 points for this matchup. The Big Red enter the game with records of 7-8 Straight Up (SU) and 4-4 Against The Spread (ATS).
For updated lines, check out BTB’s College Basketball Odds.
On the other side, the Lions have been a poor bet so far, with a disappointing record of 3-5 ATS. Their SU record, 12-6, hasn’t been quite as bad. While Columbia has gone 1-3 ATS over its past 10 matchups, they’ve excelled SU with a record of 8-2.
In their previous meeting this season, Columbia beat Cornell, moving its SU record against Cornell to 7-3 in their most recent head-to-head meetings. The Big Red hold the advantage ATS with a record of 5-4-1. Neither team held the edge in field goals, rebounds, or three-pointers in a single game during this span.
Predictions: SU Winner – Colum, ATS Winner – Colum, O/U – Over
Columbia is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games on the road.
Columbia is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Cornell.
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Columbia’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Cornell.
Cornell is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Columbia.
Cornell is 1-3-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Columbia.
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Cornell’s last 5 games when playing at home against Columbia.
Columbia averages 77.6 points per game (ranked 87th). Cornell, on the other hand, allows 77.6 points per game (ranked 300th).
The Cornell Big Red average 74.5 possessions per game and .978 points per possession, while the Columbia Lions earn fewer possessions (67.8) but more points per possession (1.144).
The Columbia Lions average an effective field goal percentage of 53.5% this season. The Cornell Big Red have a losing record of 1-3 when opponents have an eFG% of 53.5% or greater.
The Cornell Big Red average 25.0 three point attempts per game and are 6-8 when attempting at least 20 in a game. The Columbia Lions average 26.0 attempts and have a winning record (10-6) when attempting 20 or more.
Columbia ranks 59th in the nation with an assist-to-turnover ratio of 1.27. Cornell is ranked lower at 324th with an A/TO of .78.
On average, Cornell forces a turnover rate of 20.9%. When Columbia turns over the ball at a similar or higher rate, the team has a winning 3-1 record.
- Match-up : Seattle Sounders at L.A. Galaxy Date : 4/23/2017 Time : 16:00 EDT Spread : L.A. Galaxy -0.25 Total : 2.5 Goals Reigning MLS Cup winners Seattle Sounders have not made a good start in the 2017 season, and neither have the L.A. Galaxy. Seattle have won just a …
- Match-up : Orlando City at NYCFC Date : 4/23/2017 Time : 13:30 EDT Spread : NYCFC -0.75 Total : 3 Goals Orlando City might have made an excellent start in the 2017 MLS season, but they have played 4 of their 5 matches at home, having won all of them. …
- Match-up : Colorado Rapids at Minnesota United Date : 4/23/2017 Time : 18:00 EDT Spread : Minnesota +0.0 Total : 2.75 Goals Colorado Rapids are the classic example of an MLS team that comes out of mediocrity to make an amazing season, only to return to mediocrity again. After their …
- Match-up : Monaco at Lyon Date : 4/23/2017 Time : 15:15 EDT Spread : Monaco +0.0 Total : 3.25 Goals Next up, we have one more important derby, when Lyon will be playing host to Monaco on Sunday, April 23rd. Lyon are coming off a solid performance mid-week, as they …
- Match-up : Barcelona at Real Madrid Date : 4/23/2017 Time : 14:45 EDT Spread : Real Madrid -0.25 Total : 3.5 Goals It is now time for the most important derby of the season in Spain, when Real Madrid will be hosting Barcelona on Sunday, April 23rd, for the El …