Chicago Cubs at Cincinnati Reds 4/21/17 MLB Pick, Odds & Prediction
- 20th Apr 2017
- T. Wilkinson
Last Updated: 2017-04-20
The Chicago Cubs are solid road favorites on Friday night, as they visit the Cincinnati Reds on MLB Network. The Cubs come into this game at 8-7 having won two straight, while the Reds have been up and down since starting the season at 7-2. The Cubs are expected to send Jon Lester to the mound on Friday night, while the Reds go with Tim Adleman. Let’s look at the matchup and MLB predictions.
The Chicago Cubs visit the Cincinnati Reds on Friday, April 21st with a start time of 7:10 pm Eastern on MLB Network.
Chicago -180, total 8.5
Cubs vs. Reds
The Cubs have been better on the road than they have been at home, as they are 4-5 at Wrigley but 4-2 on the road. The Cubs are scoring 4.4 runs per game and giving up 3.5 per contest. They have gone over the total three times on the road, under twice, with one push.
The Cubs had Thursday off so they are flipping Jon Lester and Jake Arrieta in the rotation. Lester threw seven scoreless innings last time out against the Pirates. Lester has yet to get a decision this season even though his ERA is 1.00. Lester faced the Reds four times last season and the Cubs won three of the four. The Cubs have won 9 of the last 10 starts by Lester against the Reds.
Cincinnati was just 4-5 in their first 9 home games with four games going over and five going under. The Reds are scoring 4.7 runs per game and giving up 3.3 per contest.
The Reds are expected to go with Adelman on Friday night. He went four innings last time out in relief against the Brewers and allowed just one run. Adelman has made 13 starts in his career and he has a 4.00 ERA.
The Cubs are 13-3 in the last 16 meetings in Cincinnati. The Cubs are 4-1 in their last 5 road games. The Cubs are 6-2 in their last 8 road games vs. a right-handed starter. The Cubs are 86-41 in their last 128 vs. the National League Central. The Cubs are 23-8 in Lester’s last 31 starts. The Cubs are 11-5 in Lester’s last 16 starts vs. the National League Central. The Reds are 17-35 in their last 52 games vs. a left-handed starter.
The Over is 4-1 in the Cubs last 5 overall. The Over is 4-1 in the Cubs last 5 vs. the National League Central. The Over is 15-6-1 in the Cubs last 22 road games. The Over is 11-5-1 in the Cubs last 17 road games vs. a right-handed starter. The Under is 14-3-1 in Lester’s last 18 starts overall. The Over is 11-5 in the Reds last 16 home games. The Under is 5-2 in Adleman’s last 7 starts overall. The Over is 36-15-3 in the last 54 meetings in Cincinnati.
The Cubs have owned this series against the Reds, winning 13 of the last 16 meetings and Lester has done really well in his career against Cincinnati. I will lay the price and take the Cubs on Friday.
- Anadolu Efes @ Olympiakos GAME 5 Date/Time: 05-02-2017, 14:00 EST Spread: Olympiakos -7 Total: +145.5 In the only quarterfinal of the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball that went to a Game 5, the series moves back to Greece when the third-seeded Olympiakos Piraeus are hosting the sixth-seeded Anadolu Efes Istanbul in …
- The Eastern Conference NBA Semi-finals game 1 is on schedule for Monday night when the Cleveland Cavaliers face-off the Toronto Raptors. It is a rematch of the last years Eastern Conference finals and the Raptors will try to revenge the last years 4-2 series defeat.
- The NBA Western conference playoffs semi-finals series tips-off on Monday night when the San Antonio Spurs host the Houston Rockets in Game 1.
- Saul Alvarez takes on Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, May 6th in a bout that will be shown on HBO pay-per-view.
- The Orioles visit the Red Sox on Monday, May 1st in the first game of a four-game series with a start time of 7:10 pm Eastern on ESPN.