Binghamton at Michigan State College Basketball Pick
- 05th Dec 2015
- Matt Barnes
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
The Binghamton Bearcats (2-4) travel to Jack Breslin Student Events Center to play the No. 3 Michigan State Spartans (8-0). The game begins at 12:00 pm ET on Saturday, Dec. 5 and can be seen on ESU and ES3.
The Spartans beat Louisville 71-67 on Wednesday. Denzel Valentine was the game’s high scorer with 25 points on 7-for-16 shooting. The Bearcats are coming off a 69-50 win against Colgate on Tuesday. Marlon Beck was the game’s top scorer, registering 14 points on 4-for-6 shooting.
Michigan State is a considerable 28-point favorite in this game and the Over/Under (O/U) is set at 139 points. The Spartans enter the game with records of 8-0 Straight Up (SU) and 5-2 Against The Spread (ATS).
For updated lines, check out BTB’s College Basketball Odds
The Spartans have one of the most prolific offenses in the entire nation, averaging 83.2 points per game. The Spartans are one of the best in Division I in terms of three-point field goals, making 8.0 shots per game from beyond the arc. The rebounding edge goes to the Spartans in this matchup, who are one of the top rebounding teams in the nation with an average of 43.4 boards per game. Michigan State is one of the most disciplined teams in the nation with an assist-to-turnover ratio of 1.87. As for the Michigan State defense, it’s been a struggle for opposing teams to score on the Spartans. The 63.1 points that Michigan State’s defense allows per game makes them the 41st-ranked defense in the country. An area where the Spartans are particularly strong is shot blocking, where they average 5.9 blocks per game, 22nd in Division I.
Michigan State and Binghamton have not played one another in a regular season matchup in recent years.
Predictions: SU Winner – MSU, ATS Winner – MSU, O/U – Over
Michigan State is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games.
Michigan State averages 83.2 points per game (ranked 46th). Binghamton, on the other hand, allows 69.0 points per game (ranked 137th).
Michigan State scores 84.1 points per home game (ranked 96th). Binghamton ranks a poor 114th in points allowed on the road, allowing 71.3 points.
Ranked 10th, the Michigan State Spartans have an offensive rating of 123.2. The Binghamton Bearcats rank 118th with a defensive rating of just 97.9.
The Binghamton Bearcats average 71.6 possessions per game and .901 points per possession. The Michigan State Spartans earn fewer possessions with 67.6, but they score more points with 1.232.
Michigan State is ranked 22nd in the nation with an average effective field goal percentage of 57.4%. Binghamton has not won a game this season when opponents have a similar or higher effective field goal percentage (0-1).
The Michigan State Spartans attempt 21.0 three pointers per game this season, while the Binghamton Bearcats attempt 22.0. When they register 20 or more three point attempts in a game, Michigan State is undefeated (7-0) while Binghamton is winless (0-3).
The Michigan State Spartans rank sixth with an assist-to-turnover ratio of 1.87, while the Binghamton Bearcats rank outside the top 100 (298th) with an A/TO of .81.
Michigan State, the 27th-ranked team in rebounding, register an average of 43.4 rebounds per game. Binghamton does worse, ranked 298th with 33.7.
Binghamton ranks 331st in offensive rebounds, while Michigan State ranks at 21st in defensive rebounds.
Opponents have had an average turnover percentage of 21.2% when playing Binghamton this season. Michigan State is undefeated this season (3-0) when its TO% is 21.2% or higher.
- The Miami Heat will start their three-game road trip in Boston where they will matchup with the Celtics on Sunday afternoon.
- The Rangers visit the Ducks on Sunday, March 26th with a start time of 9 pm Eastern.
- The Thunder visit the Rockets on Sunday, March 26th with a start time of 3:30 pm Eastern on ABC.
- Venezia @ Caserta Date/Time: 03-26-2017, 07:00 EDT Spread: Caserta +3 Total: +149.5 It is the 24th week of action in the Italian Basketball League (Lega Basket Serie A) and in this game, JuveCaserta Basket (sometimes spelled Juve Caserta Basket), also known as Pasta Reggia Caserta, hosts Reyer Venezia Mestre, or …
- Sassari @ Cremona Date/Time: 03-26-2017, 12:00 EDT Spread: Cremona +0.5 Total: +148 It is the 24th week of action in the Italian Basketball League (Lega Basket Serie A) and in this game, Guerino Vanoli Basket (also known as Vanoli Cremona), hosts Dinamo Basket Sassari, currently known as Dinamo Banco di …