Baseball Betting: Anderson Gets Another Shot at Ex-Mates
- 15th Sep 2015
- Charles Jay
Last Updated: 2017-03-06
Is Brett Anderson going to be one of the Los Angeles Dodgers’ starters when the post-season begins? It certainly looks that way, although he cramped up a little in his last start. But here he comes, with a 2.08 ERA in his last three starts, and he’ll take the mound, with some extra rest, against the Colorado Rockies as the boys in blue seek their fourth consecutive victory. It all gets underway at 10:10 PM ET at Chavez Ravine, and of course, BetAnySports patrons have the opportunity to use Live Betting Extra to place wagers on the side, total and various props even while the game is in progress. What a thrill!
The Dodgers are moving toward the finish line, and they are doing it in an all-out sprint, it seems. They have won three games in a row, eight out of ten and 16 out of 20. Currently they are 7.5 games in front of the San Francisco Giants in the National League West, and since Frisco is also seven games out of the wild card chase, the post-season hopes of the defending world champions are effectively over.
In his last three starts, all of which the Dodgers won, Anderson has done a nice job, allowing just fifteen hits in 17-1/3 innings, and in two outings in May against the Rockies, the team he was with last season, he yielded just two runs in 11-1/3 frames. With his 9-8 record and 3.36 ERA, he has provided a nice surprise, and a very good third man in the rotation behind Zack Greinke and Clayton Kershaw.
In the baseball betting odds that have been posted on this game by the people at BetAnySports, the Dodgers are big favorites; big enough, in fact, that we are also including the run line:
Los Angeles Dodgers (Anderson) -245
Colorado Rockies (Rusin) +225
Over 7.5 Runs -110
Under 7.5 Runs -110
Dodgers -1.5 Runs (-115)
Rockies +1.5 Runs (-105)
In this battle between southpaws, Colorado goes with Chris Rusin (5-8, 5.14 ERA), who pitched a complete game shutout against the San Diego Padres on August 16 but has been banged around pretty good in two of his four starts since. In fact, over that period, he has allowed 23 earned runs in 20 innings, including five round-trippers. The Rockies are the last-place team in the NL West, and they are fifteen games below the .500 mark as a visitor (29-44), while the Dodgers have been brilliant at home (48-21). What’s kind of interesting, however, is that Anderson is just 3-4 (with a 1.33 WHIP) at Dodger Stadium, with the opposition posting a .724 OPS against him there.
And as BetAnySports customers may have seen, Los Angeles opened this three-game series with a 4-1 victory on Monday, as Kershaw gave up a single run over seven innings. Young kids came through too; Corey Seager, a hotshot rookie who is filling in for the injured Jimmy Rollins, had a pair of hits and is now batting .432, while Scott Schebler hit his third homer in 23 at bats. Of course, the Dodgers are hoping that Rollins (a former National League MVP), Yasiel Puig and Carl Crawford can be back some time during this stretch run (which is beginning to resemble more of a victory lap).
Both of these pitchers last saw action against San Diego; on September 6, Anderson left with two outs in the sixth inning, allowing one run despite yielding four walks. Three nights after that, Rusin, who had shut out the Padres, didn’t have so much luck in the rematch, as he was chased after three innings, with plenty of damage done (six runs on eight hits). Anderson has worked 158 innings this year after going just 123 innings in the last three seasons combined.
BetAnySports is without question the best place to be for the rest of the baseball season, all the way through to the World Series. And it goes without saying that you need to come aboard for all the football action. Reduced juice wagering, Live Betting Extra and Bitcoin deposits should make it your next destination!
- Anadolu Efes @ Olympiakos GAME 5 Date/Time: 05-02-2017, 14:00 EST Spread: Olympiakos -7 Total: +145.5 In the only quarterfinal of the Turkish Airlines Euroleague Basketball that went to a Game 5, the series moves back to Greece when the third-seeded Olympiakos Piraeus are hosting the sixth-seeded Anadolu Efes Istanbul in …
- The Eastern Conference NBA Semi-finals game 1 is on schedule for Monday night when the Cleveland Cavaliers face-off the Toronto Raptors. It is a rematch of the last years Eastern Conference finals and the Raptors will try to revenge the last years 4-2 series defeat.
- The NBA Western conference playoffs semi-finals series tips-off on Monday night when the San Antonio Spurs host the Houston Rockets in Game 1.
- Saul Alvarez takes on Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, May 6th in a bout that will be shown on HBO pay-per-view.
- The Orioles visit the Red Sox on Monday, May 1st in the first game of a four-game series with a start time of 7:10 pm Eastern on ESPN.