Arizona State vs. Oregon State Pick
- Updated: November 3, 2012
College Football Picks
Football Betting Game Trends
Arizona State Sun Devils
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Arizona State’s last 6 games
- Arizona State is 2-3-1 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Arizona State is 5-13 SU in its last 18 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Arizona State’s last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Arizona State’s last 7 games when playing Oregon State
Oregon State Beavers
- Oregon State is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Oregon State’s last 7 games
- Oregon State is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Oregon State’s last 5 games at home
- Oregon State is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Arizona State
NCAA Football – Week 10
Reser Stadium will be backing its Oregon State Beavers on Saturday night in college football betting picks against the Arizona State Sun Devils.
The Sun Devils may turn into the beneficiaries of the USC Trojans’ bad fortune. They are one of the three teams in the Pac-12 South that probably essentially control their own destiny for getting into the Pac-12 Championship Game, though there is clearly still a lot of football to be played. Win this game, and even a loss to the Men of Troy might not prove to be damning when the two teams meet in LA in a few weeks. More importantly for Head Coach Todd Graham, a win in this one would stamp a signature win in his first season as the ASU coach, and it would also ensure that his team is going bowling. Of late though, matters have been rough, as the Sun Devils have lost two in a row to the UCLA Bruins and Oregon Ducks, both of which really had a ton of success against their defense, which figured to be one of the best in the Pac-12. The Sun Devils allowed 88 points in those two games, and they had only allowed 85 points combined for the rest of the season prior to that.
The ideas of a perfect season are now gone, and the Beavers know that they have to be really careful that this game doesn’t get out of hand. They are only going to be a short favorite this week and potentially a short underdog next week, and the game against the Oregon Ducks the Saturday after Thanksgiving is one in which they are going to be underdogs by a substantial margin. Sophomore QB Sean Mannion came out of the blocks on fire this year, throwing for six TDs against just one pick and averaging 362.7 passing yards per game. He completed over 65% of his passes in those games, and the Beavers went 3-0 SU and ATS. Since then, he has only played in two games, has averaged just 245.5 yards per game, hasn’t completed even 60% of his passes in either outing, and has two scores against seven INTs. In those games, Oregon State is 1-1 SU and 0-2 ATS.
Many see that ranking next to the Beavers and think that they are the superior team in this game. We just don’t see it that way. Arizona State is the better club, and it will continue the Beavers’ slide down the Pac-12 ladder, effectively taking them out of the Pac-12 title hunt with a win at Reser Stadium. Arizona State 28 – Oregon State 24