Arizona State vs. Arizona Picks
- Updated: November 21, 2012
College Football Picks
Date/Time: November 23rd, 7:00 pm EST
College Football Odds from BetOnline
Point Spread: Arizona -2.5
Football Betting Game Trends
Arizona State Sun Devils
- Arizona State is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Arizona
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Arizona State’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Arizona
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Arizona State’s last 9 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Arizona State’s last 7 games when playing Arizona
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Arizona’s last 6 games when playing at home against Arizona State
- Arizona is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Arizona State
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Arizona’s last 7 games when playing Arizona State
- Arizona is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games when playing at home against Arizona State
NCAA Football – Week 13
Rivals from the state of Arizona are going to square off in their regular season finales on Friday night in Tucson, where the Arizona State Sun Devils will match wits with the Arizona Wildcats.
This is a really important game for the Sun Devils for the good of the school. Right now, Arizona State is probably going to have to shell out a lot of money to go to a bowl game that doesn’t have a Pac-12 tie to it, and that means that there is probably more in the way of travel expense to get to the East Coast, and less in the way of a reward for going to that game. To win this one would probably put ASU back on the Pac-12 bowl ladder, and that would appeal much more to the university. The team really hasn’t played all that well of late, though. A four-game skid both SU and ATS was only stopped last week against the Washington State Cougars, and it’s a good thing that that game was won, as it guaranteed a spot in the second season. It was the first truly good defensive performance for the club in weeks, but looking back at it, the only teams this year that the Sun Devils have held in the teens or 20s are all going to fail to make a bowl game this year. Bowl eligible teams have averaged 40.5 points per game against the Sun Devils this year.
Arizona isn’t the best team in the world, but it sure has been exciting under the direction of first year Head Coach Rich Rodriguez. The club has given up at least 49 points three times this year, but it has scored at least 48 five times. There was the embarrassing 56-point loss to the UCLA Bruins on the road, but that was preceded by the shocking upset of the USC Trojans at home. The loss to the Oregon State Beavers doesn’t look so bad any longer, nor does the fact that Arizona pushed the Stanford Cardinal to overtime. The key man in this bunch is clearly RB Ka’Deem Carey. Carey has averaged 285.0 rushing yards per game over the course of his last two games, and he has a real chance to lead the nation in rushing when the year is said and done with. The scariest part about Carey? He’s just a sophomore and is just getting started in his career.
Arizona is clearly the better of these two teams. The oddsmakers are reading far too much into the fact that this is a rivalry game, as these teams are separated by a reasonable margin right now. At least the Wildcats have proven that they can play with the big boys. Arizona State clearly has not. Arizona 41 – Arizona State 24