13) This is a free country; a lot of brave people risk their lives to protect our freedoms. Jason Collins is entitled to do what he wants, when he wants. He shouldn't have to call press conferences to explain himself.
12) Pacers-Hawks have played eight times this year; home team won every game. Hasn't even been a close game in this playoff series.
11) More bad news for Seattle, as the NBA recommended the Kings stay in Sacramento. No clue about whether Sacramento deserves to keep its team, but Seattle got screwed badly when the league took the Sonics away because the city wouldn't build yet another new arena- they had a perfectly suitable 15-year old building, but the NBA tried to extort a new arena out of the city, and when the city declined, the NBA moved the Sonics to Oklahoma.
Seattle supported the Sonics and deserves a term, but it doesn't look good.
10) If you saw ESPN’s 30 for 30 on the ’83 NFL Draft, one of the main story tellers was agent Marvin Demoff, who represented both Dan Marino and John Elway (how about those commissions??) Demoff’s son Kevin is now the COO of the St Louis Rams.
9) Speaking of the Rams, second first round draft pick Alec Ogletree. a LB from Georgia, blocked six punts for the Dawgs, so he should help the St Louis special teams.
8) Mets have played five home series, all three game series; over is 9-1 in Games 1-2, 0-5 in Game 3’s.
7) In their franchise history, Nuggets have been down 3-1 in a series twelve times; they’re 5-7 in those Game 5’s, but have never rallied to win a series. They get another chance this week.
6) Raiders took Houston DB DJ Hayden despite fact the kid hasn’t been on the field since suffering a bizarre injury in practice last fall that almost killed him. Hayden collided with a teammate, broke a blood vessel near his heart; he lost 25 pounds, had all the blood replaced in his body more than once, and damn near died.
You wonder how he’ll react the next time he gets on the field; Raiders must be pretty sure about Hayden, to use the 12th pick in the draft on him.
5) Odd blowup Sunday between David Price and umpire Tom Hallion; Rays say that Hallion cursed at Price, who vehemently denies it. Things got pretty heated; Tampa pitcher Jeremy Hellickson was thrown out of the game, and he wasn’t even in the game.
There has to be a field mike somewhere that picked up what Hallion said to Price. If MLB fines the umpire, they probably won't tell us.
4) Since 1994, only one time have both #1 seeds in the NHL gotten to the Stanley Cup finals; that was 2001, when Colorado-New Jersey played each other. With a short season this year, would expect more chaos in this year's playoffs.
3) Mets-Marlins played until after midnight in Miami Monday, with the Marlins winning 4-3 in 15 innings, scoring twice in the 15th after Tejada put New York ahead with an RBI infield hit in the top of the inning.
2) Second day in a row, A's rallied back from a 5-run deficit, A's won in 19 innings at 4:20am Tuesday. Longest game in Oakland A's history.
1) The whole Tim Tebow episode brings up many questions:
a) How on God’s green earth was he ever a 1st round draft pick?
b) How did Josh McDaniels get two more NFL jobs after his dismal performances in Denver and then St Louis? McDaniels was the only person in America who would’ve picked Tebow in the first round.
c) Why the hell did the Jets trade for Tebow last year?
d) How is Matt Simms still on the Jets’ roster? He couldn’t beat out Tyler Bray at Tennessee, and Bray didn’t get drafted this weekend.
Stop by to sign up for BetDSI and Bookmaker
Click here to sign up for WAGERWEB
Click here for all your Amazon products:
Click here for all your fantasy sport needs: