You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security.
Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
10/04/2011 07:45 PM
10/04/2011 07:47 PM
10/05/2011 10:40 AM
-- Baltimore Ravens lead NFL in takeaways with 14; five other teams have 11.
-- Lions/49ers (+8) lead the NFL in takeaway margin; surprisingly, the Steelers (-10) are last in this important category.
-- Pittsburgh has one takeaway in four games; Miami/Seattle have two each, which helps explain their poor records.
-- Ohio State's offense is ranked 108th in country. Out of 120 teams.
-- Kid from Carson HS in Nevada kicked a 64-yard field goal last week, longer than any field goal in NFL history.
-- Underdogs are 10-6 vs spread in NFL divisional games so far; home underdogs are 4-2, home favorites 4-6.
10/05/2011 10:42 AM
Wednesday's Dirty Dozen: Nobody asked me, but..........
12) The Moneyball movie does an incredible hatchet job on manager Art Howe, who was 600-533 in seven years as Oakland manager, 205-119 the last couple years. Movie made it look like Howe was a spectator while Billy Beane orchestrated the whole thing. Does that mean Bob Geren was a spectator during the debacle of the last four years? I'm just asking.......
Another thing, the actor that plays Howe looks EXACTLY like Whitey Herzog, and that was distracting, but thats probably a minor point.
11) One little mistake bothered me a lot; in the credits, they spelled relief pitcher Jim Mecir's name wrong. Mecir pitched for 11 years in the major leagues, 4.5 years with the A's. His name is in the Baseball Encyclopedia. No excuse for spelling it wrong.
10) After watching Cam Newton play for a month, I could make a case for him being one of the best 10 QBs in the NFL. If you started the NFL all over again now and re-drafted, Newton would definitely be one of the first five quarterbacks taken. He's been that good so far.
9) Story popped up out of nowhere this week that Bill Hodges, who was Larry Bird's college coach, is now teaching history/coaching high school basketball down in Virginia. Hodges has been all over since Indiana State fired him three years after Bird left Terre Haute in 1979.
8) Used to be a guy on TV infomercials named Don Lapre who bragged how easy it was to make money while not working very hard. Turns out he was ripping people off, scamming over 220,000 people out of $47M+ over the years. While awaiting trail for fraud in Arizona, gutless bastard killed himself. Anyone who tells you that its easy to make money, run in the other direction. Fast. No such thing as easy money.
7) Denver Broncos have started five drives in enemy territory; should get a score on every one of those, but Broncos have no TDs, one field goal on those five drives, which helps explain their 1-3 record.
6) Big reason why Giants are 3-1, other than then the refs bailing them out in Glendale Sunday, is fact that they've scored 13 touchdowns while trying only two field goals. When they get close, they score TDs.
5) Wes Welker has 40 catches for 616 yards through four games, which puts him on pace for 160 catches for 2,464 yards, which won't happen of course, but he's been huge so far. Helps to be smart, and helps to play on same team with the game's best quarterback.
4) This is what well-prepared teams with a great quarterback do to start games-- the Patriots' opening drive in their first four games.....
Week 1, at Miami-- six plays, 78 yards, TD
Week 2, San Diego-- 12 plays, 92 yards, TD
Week 3, at Buffalo-- nine plays, 80 yards, TD
Week 4, at Oakland-- nine plays, 80 yards, TD
Dallas and Houston have 17 points on their four opening drives. Seven teams haven't scored on an opening drive yet.
3) Then there is Jacksonville, which in its last three games, has given up two safeties and lost the ball on downs on its opening drive. They did get a touchdown on their first drive of the season.
2) Jaguars have had a total of 45 drives in their four games, scoring three touchdowns, kicking six field goals with 16 3/outs. Coaches who use a rookie quarterback either want to get fired or have a longterm contract.
1) Finally. South Carolina is benching troubled senior QB Stephen Garcia and will play Connor Shaw this week. Garcia has been nothing but trouble off the field for Steve Spurrier throughout his Gamecock career, and his play hasn't justified all the second chances he's gotten. Baffling that the Head Ball Coach hasn't been able to develop a QB in Columbia.
10/05/2011 10:43 AM
10/05/2011 10:45 AM
10/05/2011 11:15 AM
BLACKJACK TOURNAMENT IS TONIGHT!!!
Sign up now and be ready for a great FREE contest with awesome prizes
9:00 pm est
Make sure you have an account with Bookmaker or BetDSI and its active and funded to be eligible for all the prizes.
10/05/2011 04:09 PM
10/05/2011 04:11 PM
Bowling night so nothing crazy but I do have some futures that will cash tonight if all works out. A couple plays for de baseball.
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS/PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES OVER 7.5 RUNS
10/05/2011 06:00 PM