You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security.
Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
10/06/2011 12:01 PM
-- Buccaneers are 9-0-2 vs spread in their last eleven road games.
-- Oakland is 12-4 vs spread in game following their last 16 losses.
-- New England covered 11 of last 16 games as home favorites.
-- Tennessee is 2-8 vs spread in game coming off a win.
-- Broncos are 4-11 vs spread in their last 15 home games.
-- Lions are 8-1 vs spread in their last nine home games.
10/06/2011 12:06 PM
Thursday's List of 13: Doing some thinking out loud........
13) Bronx Bombers already have $126M on their payroll for 2013, and that’s with only eight players signed. Pirates have $0 committed for 2013, but Bud Selig will tell you the sport is healthier than it ever has been.
12) Rays had 4,529 empty seats for Tuesday afternoon’s Game 4; have to think that pretty soon, either they get a new stadium or they’re going to be moving. Going to be especially bitter for them next year, when the Marlins open their new stadium on the other side of the state.
11) With Chad Henne likely out for the season, why hasn’t Miami signed David Garrard? Why hasn't someone signed him?
10) Every time I read that Adam Kennedy once hit three home runs in a playoff game, I laugh; he has 78 career HR’s in 5,853 plate appearances. He’s also earned over $19M in his career. Damn.
9) If AJ Burnett got a daily paycheck this season it would’ve been for $90,164. Every day. For 182 days.
8) In 2007, over 330,000 Buicks were sold in China.
7) Alabama won its last eight football games against Vanderbilt, but they’re only 1-4-1 vs pointspread in the last six.
6) Rice is a 21-point favorite this week. In football. Against a I-A team. That’s how bad Memphis State has gotten. You could make a case for firing the Memphis coach just for letting his program slide so badly that they’re getting 21 points from Rice.
5) This is third year in a row that neither team is ranked when Georgia-Tennessee square off; before that, in eight of the previous 11 matchups, both teams had been ranked and at least one of them had been ranked in all 11. Special game for Vols’ coach Dooley, since his dad Vince is the best football coach in Georgia history.
4) Not sure who the Rangers are rooting for tonight; they were 2-7 against Bronx this season, 3-6 against the Tigers. Would guess they’re rooting a nice, long extra-inning game tonight, for sure.
3) Starting July 1, Miami Heat staffers took a 10% pay cut; that cut rose to 25% on October 1 and if the lockout is still going on April 1, they’ll be down to a 50% pay cut. Lot of these people aren’t wealthy and need the money.
2) TV ratings for Monday night’s football game, the Manning-Colts against Tampa Bay, got better TV ratings than both of Monday’s baseball playoff games combined.
1) Jets’ offense was on field for 56 plays Sunday, and was outscored 21-3 by the Baltimore defense- that doesn’t happen too often.
10/06/2011 12:14 PM
10/06/2011 12:17 PM
10/06/2011 12:17 PM
10/06/2011 02:25 PM
Well whether this is considered an anti Yankee play or the fact that right now
Detroit is where my heart is, I dont know. But we have Fister who has been absolutely awesome for the most part and Nova who the Tigers are now getting to see for the second time in this series. I really love the Tigers at a good price tonight and only the bullpen is what scares me from going balls to the wall.
DETROIT TIGERS +150
10/06/2011 04:23 PM
10/06/2011 06:33 PM
Since this is the college football thread here is one for tonight. Pac 10 football
10/07/2011 09:38 AM