You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security. Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
If you already have an existing account with BTB or SPOOKY at BetDSI you can receive a 40% sports bonus and 100% casino bonus for the Super Bowl. This bonus is also available to new players that are opening up an account with Spooky or BTB. This is a private offer thru the Super Bowl. Contact us for details and promo code.
-- George Mason blew a 20-point lead at home, lost 58-54 to Drexel. CAA is way worse than it has been in quite some time.
-- UConn won in OT at Providence, just third win in last eight games for the Huskies against Providence. Kevin Ollie is doing a good job.
-- Michigan State was down 37-27 at half to Illinois, but scored first 14 points in second half, kept Illini reeling with an 80-75 home win.
-- Niagara kept hold of first place in MAAC with a 93-90 win over Iona. Surprising Purple Eagles are 10-1, have a 2-game lead in league.
-- Saint Louis spanked Butler 75-58; Billikens still have a shot at getting into the NCAA tournament, which would be quite a story.
-- Richard Pitino's FIU squad was up 36-19 at half over Middle Tennessee, the Sun Belt leader, but Blue Raiders rallied and beat FIU, 66-64. Younger Pitino is doing a nice job (11-10) in his first season at FIU.
Friday's Top Ten: Random stuff with the weekend here.......
10) Phil Mickelson shot 11-under par 60 in Phoenix Thursday, lipping out a 25-foot birdie putt on 18. Must be fun to be that good.
9) Bo Van Pelt shot a 59 at the Pro Am in Phoenix Wednesday; someone on Tour, can’t remember who, predicted a pro would go lower than 59 in tournament play this year. Looks like he might be right.
8) The more you read about the Lakers, the more you think everyone will be pretty happy when this season is over. Problem is, its only half-over.
7) Jimmy V Week on ESPN raised just under $1.6M to help the cause of cancer research. Good for them. Dick Vitale has really worked very hard for that cause. He deserves a lot of credit.
6) More than one NBA pundit I read Thursday said Memphis Grizzlies got the best of that 3-way trade, despite dumping Rudy Gay’s salary.
5) Kobe Bryant has highest salary in the NBA, $27.8M, which works out to $339,024.439 per regular season game.
4) Kansas State used week before Signing Day to announce that 73-year old coach Bill Snyder signed a 5-year, $14.75M contract; the five-year part of that is for recruiting purposes, so K-State coaches and point to a recruit and tell them that Snyder will be there for his full five years.
Given his age, Snyder probably won’t coach the whole five years—he will be a very tough act to follow at K-State. Just ask Ron Prince, who already tried (and failed) to replace the silver-haired legend.
3) Now the Big East wants Tulsa as its 12th team. Tulsa, as in Oklahoma, pretty much in the middle of the country. Basically whats happened is that UConn/Cincinnati/South Florida defected from Big East, joined Conference USA, only they’re still calling it the Big East. Bizarre.
2) I’m a Lions fan; take my word for it, no matter what Randy Moss says, Jerry Rice is greatest WR of all-time. Rice was freakin’ tremendous.
1) New Jersey has next year’s Super Bowl, now Denver wants one. Thats just awesome, maybe they can put Super Bowls in Regina and Calgary after that. The biggest game of the season should be played in ideal conditions, as much for the fans who pay a fortune to go to the game as well as the teams who work their butts off to play in it.
I've been breaking down the Super Bowl in my own unique way since the Express's creation. This is a tough game to handicap. But enough about what I think, let's analyze this thing:
QB – Joe Flacco’s dad is openly calling his son dull to the media. Colin Kaepernick’s parents abandoned him as a baby and failed to see his potential as a future Mississippi Sambo. Even if not necessarily accurate, you get points for openly calling yourself ELITE. And I’m really tired of hearing about how Alex Smith is feeling. But Colin is the man and has the ability to control the game with his arm and legs. Niners +1
RB – Pretty evenly matched backfields here. I was greatly disturbed by Frank Gore’s slo-mo penis bounce during the NFC title game on both of his touchdowns where the very gay Fox cameraman focused directly on his Alabama black snake. Not cool. Rice and Pierce are pretty good. Ravens +2
WR/TE – Leave it to Randy Moss to complain about his role on the team DURING SUPER BOWL WEEK! That is breathtaking in its stupidity. For as much as we don’t want to see a certain LB win another ring, I almost rather see him win his second than Randy Moss win his first. Almost I said. Ravens +5
OL – I respect Michael Oher for taking advantage of stupid rich white folks. I don’t respect Alex Boone. I respect Bryant McKinnie for having all sorts of fun on the Vikings sex boat. I don’t respect Alex Boone. Ravens +1
DL – Haloti Ngata hurt RG3. That kind of behavior should not go unpunished. 49ers +5
LB – Ray Lewis. And Baltimore also has a linebacker named Ellerbe that is not former Michigan coaching great Brian Ellerbe or Coach Eb. 49ers +6
DB – Ed Reed looks like an old hobo these days. Carlos Rogers was one of the worst Redskin DBs of all time. Niners DB Chris Culliver made a flamboyant scene this week when he preached his staunch homophobia on Media Day. That will play well with his fan base. Ravens +4
K/P – Justin Tucker, Sam Cock, and Andy Lee are all really good. David Akers is really bad. Ravens +3
Return Game – Ted Ginn Jr. went to a terrible school and has a dirty father. Jacoby Jones beat the Broncos and proved me right about Eli being better than Peyton yet again. Ravens +3
Coach – My favorite part of these last two weeks were all the stories about how John was such a nice boy growing up while Jim was a goddamn sociopath throughout his entire life. How about that story from Peter King where Jim tried to drown John in the ocean LAST YEAR? Jim Harbaugh is quite possibly the most insane asshole in NFL history but he is a good coach. Niners +2
City – Baltimore is drug-addled cesspool and San Francisco is one of my favorite cities in ‘merica. I would move there in a heartbeat. I would never move to Hamsterdam. 49ers +6
Fans – Ravens fans like to wear purple camouflage pants and complain about how the refs are out to screw them constantly. 49ers fans are mostly bandwagon jumpers from the Joe Montana days and likely give great head. Gay or not, at least they don’t try to defend #52. 49ers +2
Organization – Art Modell rules. I hope that he’s enjoying life in heaven right now. PUT HIM IN THE HALL!!! I don’t particularly care about Steve Bisciotti or the York family though. Ravens +2
Against The Spread – The Niners were 11-7 this year while the Ravens were 10-9. This is important information. 49ers +5
Add it up, bitch... The Spooky Express pronged Super Bowl prediction machine has this Super Bowl going to the San Francisco 49ers 27-20 (UNDER). Like I said, I have San Francisco in future wagers from September. This is one of the few Super Bowls where I really dont have a hatred for either team. Frisco is the best team coming off the bus and truly outside of a couple big plays and a hail fucking mary Baltimore has not done that much in the playoffs. Frisco has given up a quick pick 6 and came back and destroyed GB and then spotted Atlanta 17 points in Atlanta and beat them up the rest of the way. Dont see how Frisco loses this game unless Frisco absolutely loses this game. Go NINERS!!!
The props are very small and something to have fun with and enjoy.
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS PK (moneyline)
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS -3
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS/BALTIMORE RAVENS UNDER 24 POINTS (1st Half)
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS/BALTIMORE RAVENS UNDER 49 POINTS (buy point)
SUPER BOWL PROPS
Vernon Davis 49ers Over 3.5 Receptions
San Francisco 49ers Over 24.5 Points (Team Total)
Longest Touchdown in the Game Over 46.5 yards
Baltimore Ravens Team Rushing Yards Under 104.5 yards
Frank Gore 49ers will score a Touchdown
Ray Rice Under 17.5 carries
Both teams will make a Field Goal of over 33 yards
Baltimore Ravens will kick the longest Field Goal
1st score in the Game will be a Field Goal or Safety
San Francisco 49ers -10.5 +220
There will be a Special Teams or Defensive Touchdown in the game +150
13) How do you not vote for Bill Parcells for Pro Football Hall of Fame? I can’t think of one reason why you wouldn’t, other than you don’t like the guy, and that’s not an acceptable reason.
12) Next three ACC basketball tournaments will be in Greensboro, where they should be, but with Syracuse/Pitt joining the league, there are rumors the ACC might want to hold its tournament in NYC down the road.
Meanwhile, the Big East will probably hold its tourney in Memphis, Tulsa or some other major eastern city. What do you mean, Memphis and Tulsa aren't in the east? How could those schools be in the Big East then?
11) Miami Heat lost in Indiana last night, Pacers' 13th straight home win.
10) Watching the Lakers dispatch Minnesota last night, phrase "addition by subtraction" came to mind-- is LA better off without Dwight Howard?
9) Kobe Bryant missed 19 of his last 20 3-point shots; he’s playing well, distributing the ball, doing what the coach asks, but for whatever reason, his outside shooting has tailed off.
8) Travis Hafner is a DH, almost never plays the field, yet in last five years, he’s never played in more than 118 games. He’s actually a good argument for doing away with the DH.
7) Random stat of day: Big East home teams are 3-20 vs spread in games where number is 6 or less points.
6) Will the college football playoff system wind up pushing the traditional non-conference rivalry games back into September? Could revitalize what has become a dull month for the sport.
5) UMass spent $7.1M on its football program LY, playing games 100 miles away from campus in Foxboro, while its campus stadium gets redone.
They drew 2,106 less fans per game in Foxboro, which begs the question: does anyone in central Massachusetts really care if the Minutemen go D-I in football? Would their athletic department’s money be better spent elsewhere?
4) NC State will likely be without PG Lorenzo Brown for its big game Saturday with ACC frontrunner Miami.
3) All NBA games Friday night were over before midnight; whats up with that? First night without the free NHL package, too.
2) These commercials on latenight TV for Tryagelessmale.com, I'm thinking they're somehow related to the ARod situation. Am I wrong about this? I'm picturing some obscure lab somewhere with scientists testing drugs to help athletes stay strong and people stay younger-looking.
1) If you like sports, you should listen to sportsxradio.com; there’s a link there for the live show weeknights from 10-12 in the East, and the old shows are archived if you miss one live. Ken Thomson is an excellent host; I guarantee you’ll learn some stuff you didn’t know if you listen every night.
Sunday's List of 13: Wrapping up a sports Saturday........
13) Michigan-Indiana seemed like a Final Four game; very high level; I'll tell you what I told my dad-- Michigan is a better team than the Hoosiers.
12) Duke had lost four of its last five games with Florida State, but they crushed the Seminoles, shooting 61% from floor, leading 42-22 at the half in a 79-60 beatdown. By far, best Duke has played in four (2-2) road games.
11) Syracuse lost 65-55 at Pitt; Jamie Dixon is now 10-3 vs Syracuse as the HC at Pitt. According to espn.com, Orange are 2-3 in games that start at noon or earlier this season and 16-0 in games that start at 1pm or later.
10) Air Force improved to 14-6, 5-2 in MWC with a 70-67 upset of San Diego State. Falcons were not expected to be close to this good.
9) Oklahoma State won 85-80 at Kansas, its first win in Lawrence since 1989. Loss ended Jayhawks' 33-game home winning streak.
8) Boise State is pretty good when it has all its guys, they just haven't had them much since conference play started. They did Saturday and beat UNLV 77-72 at home. 3-point shooter Eliorraga is a key player for Boise; he had missed the previous three games with a concussion.
7) I have no idea what criteria they use to judge who gets in pro football's Hall of Fame, as far as linemen and defensive players go- there aren't that many measurables to judge. But with QB/RB/WR and coaches, there are lots of numbers-- its about time they put Bill Parcells in. The man deserves it.
6) There is a new show coming on AMC about competitive taxidermy; it is called Immortalized, and I had no idea there was such a thing.
5) Sacramento Kings lost by 39 to the Knicks; they trailed 110-60 at one point. Is Seattle really sure they want this team? (I'm guessing they are).
4) Akron beat Ohio 67-56 in battle of MAC unbeatens; Zips shot 56%, were +18 on boards. Its likely these two will meet in MAC title game.
3) Tough weekend for the Iona Gaels, who lost pair of 3-point decisions on their annual trip to western New York. Iona is still probably the team to beat in the MAAC tournament, but they're two games behind Niagara in the standings. Iona/Canisius/Loyola are all tied for second in the MAAC, after Loyola won at Niagara Saturday in double overtime.
2) Kentucky won 72-68 in OT at Texas A&M, narrowly avenging a home loss to the Aggies. Wildcats were -9 in turnovers, but made 7-15 from arc and 23-34 from charity stripe. Nerlens Noel had 19 points, 14 rebounds; he has become their most important player.
1) Florida beat Ole Miss by 14, closest SEC game Gators (8-0) have had this season. Florida still has two games left with Kentucky and a road trip to Missouri, but they're looking like a #1 seed in March Madness.
the harbowl is still hard to swallow. i'm still in hiding after the falcons loss. i'm with you in theory that the 49ers take it. i really have no idea how the ravens made it this far, but their luck runs out today.