13) You can bet the Super Bowl in Las Vegas and many sportsbooks all season; they had a line of AFC -3 for most of this season, but now that Broncos/Patriots are gone, the 49ers have been listed as -5, with a total of 49.5 in the Super Bowl.
12) Odd stat lives on: 49ers were the 8th #4 seed since 1990 to advance to a conference title game. #4 seeds are the team with worst record of the four divisional winners, so they probably have to upset the #1 seed to get to a conference title game. Since '90, #4 seeds are 7-1 SU in conference title games, and of those eight, only the '08 Cardinals were playing at home.
11) Tom Brady will be 36 in August; Bill Belichick is 60. Aren't going to be that many more chances for that combo to win a Super Bowl. I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that Patriots have won zero Super Bowls since SpyGate- they won three Super Bowls (all by three points) before SpyGate.
10) Scott Stallings had a 5-shot lead after three rounds at the Humana Challenge golf tournament in California, but it was gone before he finished his ninth hole Sunday. Stallings hit a ball in the water on 18 and finished T4th. Brian Gay wound up a winning a three-man playoff.
Never heard of Brian Gay? That was his 4th career Tour win and he's now won just under $17M in his career. Thats million, with an M.
9) Chip Kelly gets $32.5M for five years from Eagles, making him a top-10 paid coach in the NFL; seven years ago, he was OC at New Hampshire, and that was the best job he had ever had. Wow.
8) Excellent NBA game in Denver, where the Nuggets beat the Thunder in overtime, 121-118. Fun game to watch.
In his last two games, Kevin Durant is 41-42 from the foul line, and both of those games were on the road.
7) Neither NFL home team scored in the second half Sunday. This is first time since '97 both home teams lost conference title tilts.
6) Has a team ever fired its offensive coordinator in December and then gotten to the Super Bowl? LA Rams fired their head coach in training camp in '79, then got to Super Bowl but firing a coordinator in December just does not happen a lot with winning teams.
5) Spencer Hardison points out that Jim Harbaugh once played Screech's cousin in one episode of Saved By The Bell, a TV show I've never seen, but I think the guy from that is on TNT's Franklin & Bash now.
4) Super Bowl is February 3; obviously by then, we'll be sick of everything that has anything to do with the Harbaughs, but ESPN's Saturday night game on February 2nd is Michigan at Indiana. Hoosiers are coached by Tom Crean, who is married to Jim/John Harbaugh's sister.
3) Falcons blew a 20-0 lead at home last week, needed a miracle comeback to win; they blew a 17-0 lead Sunday, also at home. Going to be a long winter in Atlanta, as they try to figure out how to get better.
Also hurts Arthur Blank's attempt to get the Falcons a new stadium.
2) Think about how dead the Ravens were in Denver last week; they tied the game with a 70-yard TD pass with 0:31 left. Broncos have to be sick to see Baltimore advancing to the Super Bowl.
1) Ravens' owner is a guy named Steve Bisciotti who was wearing jeans and a ballcap at the game last night; love it!!! Don't like it when the owners are decked out in suits/ties- its a ballgame, relax. He owns Allegis Group, the largest privately held staffing firm in the United States and 6th in the world.
Bisciotti went to Salisbury State, which is hour down the road from Ocean City, MD; good to see a state university alum hitting it rich-- he is listed as #298 in the Forbes top 400 of rich people.
Stop by to sign up for BetDSI and Bookmaker
Click here to sign up for WAGERWEB
Click here for all your Amazon products:
Click here for all your fantasy sport needs: