You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security.
Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
SPOOKY'S GIRL ON GIRL NFL WEEKLY PLAYOFF EXPRESS
18 Replies | 3078 Views
On 01/08/2013 05:26 PM in NFL
You didnt think that god would allow this asshole to win, did you?
01/08/2013 05:27 PM
Odds to win the Super Bowl.......
-- Denver 5-2-- Two home wins away from the Super Bowl......
-- Patriots 11-4-- Pass defense will be tested by Texans/Broncos.
-- 49ers 5-1-- +9 in turnovers this year, after being +28 last year.
-- Packers 6-1-- Going to Candlestick their penatly for blowing #2 seed.
-- Falcons 7-1-- Smith has no playoff wins, which explains lack of respect.
-- Seahawks 12-1-- Pass rusher Clemons has torn ACL; big blow.
-- Texans 20-1-- Got crushed in Foxboro last month; another chance here.
-- Ravens 25-1-- Trailed 31-3 in Week 15 home loss to Broncos.
01/08/2013 05:28 PM
Tuesday's List of 13: Nobody asked me, but......
13) Over its last three bowl games, Alabama outscored its opponents by a combined score of 112-21; thats Michigan State-LSU-Notre Dame. Wow.
12) Nick Saban is a great college coach, but you just wish he'd enjoy it a little more; maybe thats just what it takes to maintain greatness the way they have. You wonder if the monster they've created is becoming so big that the expectations will become so great that he'll wind up leaving Tuscaloosa.
I wouldn't want to be the guy who replaces Saban at Alabama.
11) Packers were giving Minnesota 7.5 points Saturday, until word got out during afternoon that Joe Webb would be starting in place of Christian Ponder, who isn’t exactly Dan Fouts throwing a football.
Nevertheless, since Webb hadn’t thrown a pass all year, line jumped from -7.5 to -11. Webb is first QB to start an NFL playoff game without throwing a pass during the regular season. Tough spot for him, and it showed.
10) Chip Kelly turned down $6M a year to coach 16 games in the NFL, for his $3.5M gig to coach 12-13 games at Oregon. Must be nice.
9) Northwestern has never played in NCAA tournament and they won’t this year either; they’re rebounding only 47% of their opponents’ missed shots in league play. That’s really poor; they’re going to get eaten alive in a physical league like the Big Dozen.
8) Whomever Cleveland Browns hire as head coach will be their 7th coach in 13 years. This change is because of the new owner, I understand that, but at some point, they need continuity, or else they’ll never win.
7) Someone refresh my memory; why did the Bills get rid of Marshawn Lynch? Seriously, I can’t remember—was it because they drafted CJ Spiller? Lynch is carrying this Seattle offense.
6) Redskins have to be holding their breath about Robert Griffin III's knee, which may have a torn ACL; if he does have a ACL tear, chances are he will miss the start of next season.
5) Carmelo Anthony was 6-26 from floor in Knicks' 102-96 home loss to the Rondo-less Celtics. Anthony was 4-12 outside arc, 2-14 inside the arc.
4) Wizards beat the Thunder and New Orleans upset the Spurs Monday night; is it a full moon outside or what?
3) Bad news for Patriot League champ Lehigh; CJ McCollum, their star player who was leading country in scoring, broke his foot over the weekend and is out for the rest of the regular season, at least.
2) Tulsa (coached by Danny Manning) won its Conference USA opener 48-47 at SMU Sunday night on a jump shot by Pat Swilling Jr, whose dad Pat Sr was a fine NFL linebacker from 1986-98, mostly with the Saints.
1) Out of 347 Division I college basketball teams, there are four unbeaten teams left (Arizona-Duke-Michigan-Wyoming) and two winless teams (Maryland-Eastern Shore and Grambling).
01/08/2013 05:29 PM
In case you missed - The Worst of Wild Card Weekend
It's about fucking time! The worst people in the history of sports (Gary Bettman, Don Fehr, and Gary Bettman again) have finally ended their smallest penis contest and ended the NHL lockout. Whether you like hockey or not means very little to me. The fact remains that an event that encourages overpriced binge drinking and shitty results is back! Let's get to the pro action from the weekend:
Prime - Your insight on Chip Kelly is SHIT. He made you look like an ASSHOLE. With Buffalo hiring Syracuse's coach (LOLZ!), Chipper is down to Philly and Cleveland--definitely not going back to Eugene. Both are loser franchises with loser fans so it just remains to be seen if he picks the NFC version of the Browns or the AFC version of the Eagles or really goes back to Eugene.
Matt Schaub - Sweet touchdown pass to Leon Hall, BRAH! This guy sucks. Houston loses that game 9 times out of 10 for settling for four field goals. You just can't do that in the playoffs. Fortunately for them, the Bengals are awful.
Jay Gruden - I have no idea how or why this guy is getting looks for a head coaching gig. His play-calling was MUNG yesterday. How about you try another screen pass for -5 yards, jerk. You see AJ Green over there? He's the only playmaker that you have. Why don't you just ignore him for the entire first half? s.
Pacman Jones - He should have been returning punts in the FOURF quarter. Had he been out there, you know he would have been making touchdowns rain.
Andy Dalton - This guy is a loser. I like him, but he sucks. The Texans were practically begging for an upset. Great job not getting A.J. Green involved until the second half. Andy Dalton is awful. Way to miss an open receiver on 3rd down then check down on a 4th and 11 with the game on the line. It’s nice to have two Joe Flaccos in the AFC North.
Christian Ponder - I didn't even know that he was hurt until I saw the scroll that he was out with the dreaded BRUISED TRICEP. That is the kind of injury that has killed many men in the past. What a pussy. By the way, who picked All Day to have less than 100 yards (he had 99)?
Joe Webb - The line for this game was -7.5 at 6 pm. At 7:30, once Ponder was ruled out and the public was aware, it moved to GB -10.5. Joe Webb's mere presence moved that line a full 3 points in about an hour. That is unbelievable. The only other reason I could think of for a line moving that much that quickly was if the Vikings were replaced with the Minnesota State Screaming Eagles and even then it might be a stretch. Joe Webb is a full field goal worse than one of the worst starting QB in the league. That pretty much means that Joe Webb is the worst player in the entire NFL.
Tyrann Mathieu - OMG LOL! I hope that you all caught the Honey Badger's tearful apology on ESPN yesterday. It was the greatest. He was crying about his crippling addiction to weed which is apparently a lie that he's sticking with. I couldn't stop laughing at this shithead. Terrific stuff.
Gamesmanship! - The Colts have rode the mantra of Chuckstrong all year. The Ravens tried to get some mojo with Ray Ray's "last ride". On Sunday, the Colts fired back by injecting Bruce Arians with AIDS. I like where this is heading.
The Colts, I guess - I don't really have anything bad to say about them since everyone knew that they were frauds going into the game. Get ready to hate them though because they're about to be awesome again for the next decade.
Mike Shanahan vs. Dr. James Andrews - I give absolutely no fucks about this story that broke yesterday. All coaches are egotistical assholes. This is not breaking news. To quote Jay Catler, "DOOOOON'T CAAAAAAAAAAAARE".
Dan Snyder - HEY SHIT WEASEL, GET RID OF THE GRASS. That was more embarrassing than the Redskins passing game from quarters 2 through 4.
01/08/2013 05:32 PM
01/08/2013 05:35 PM
01/08/2013 05:35 PM
01/09/2013 10:28 AM
-- Indiana Pacers beat Miami, their 11th win in last fourteen games.
-- Lakers are 15-19 after losing 125-112 to the 21-14 Rockets in Houston
-- Missouri State is 0-10 vs D-I teams in non-league play, but they're 3-1 in MVC games after upsetting Illinois State 62-55.
-- Pitt crushed Georgetown 73-45 in Washington; John Thompson III got his first technical foul in six years.
-- Robert Griffin III will have surgery on his LCL; no word on whether his ACL also needs fixing. I'm thinking Redskins will be getting FieldTurf soon.
-- Cowboys fired defensive coordinator Rob Ryan; they should fire their GM, but since that person is also the owner, it ain't happening.
01/09/2013 10:31 AM
Hump Day Dirty Dozen: Doing some thinking out loud......
12) 41,000 families in New Jersey are still displaced because of Hurricane Sandy; I don’t want to get into politics, but it would be encouraging to see our country spend as much money helping out our own citizens as they do with these other countries halfway around the world.
11) Adam LaRoche gets two years, $24M to stay with Washington, which begs the question, whats up with Mike Napoli and the Red Sox? If Boston doesn’t sign him, who’s going to play 1B in Beantown?
10) “Enjoy it, if you can.” ESPN’s Tom Rinaldi actually said that to Nick Saban after Alabama won their game Monday night.
I felt bad when he said it, because Saban has worked so hard and so many people have gotten a ton of enjoyment out of his success, but if he himself can’t enjoy it, that’s pretty sad. Hopefully after National Signing Day in four weeks, he can get a little vacation have some fun before spring ball starts.
9) “I just put them on the coffee table for the recruits to look at.” Saban, when asked what he does with his four national championship rings.
8) Greedy bastard update: somehow, the price of gas went up four cents a gallon since Christmas.
7) Over last four years, Washington Huskies’ basketball team played fast-pace ball, ranking #7-10-23-30 in country in tempo, but this year, they’re down to #177 pace, average speed. That’s what happens when your guards aren’t as good as they used to be.
6) Florida State finished in the top 10 in the final college football poll, which nets coach Jimbo Fisher a $50,000 bonus; it pays to be nice to the writers who vote for such things.
5) If you invest in the NBA, know that the Knicks are 1-6 vs spread as a home favorite of 7+ points, but 7-1 when laying less than 7 points.
Washington Wizards are 5-0-1 as a home underdog of 5+ points, 2-5-1 if they’re getting less than 5 at home.
4) New England Patriots scored 76 more points (4.75 per game) than any other NFL team; that’s a lot.
3) 2013 is the first year since 1987 where the four numbers in the year are all different.
2) Congrats to San Jose State for finishing in the top 25 in final college football poll for the first time ever; it cost them their coach, but he laid a foundation for success that hopefully they can continue.
1) Some people in Canada are not happy about the NHL lockout and are proposing a strike for fans. In Calgary, they’re saying that you can go to the Calgary Zoo 13 times for what it costs for two Flames tickets.
Somehow, when games start at the Saddledome, I’m guessing there won’t be many folks at the zoo.
01/10/2013 09:13 AM
-- Boise State suspended four players, including their PG and center, but went to Laramie and handed Wyoming its first loss, 63-61.
-- Butler went to Philly, won its first-ever Atlantic 16 game, 72-66 over St Joe's; Rotnei Clarke was 6-10 behind the arc for the Bulldogs.
-- Rutgers won 56-54 at St John's; I'm still adamant that Bruce Pearl is the guy for St John's. He'll be very popular in the Big Apple.
-- Virginia beat North Carolina Sunday, but couldn't stand prosperity; they lost 55-52 at Wake Forest Wednesday, a bad loss for the Cavaliers.
-- Ben McLemore scored 33 points, including a banked-in game-tying trey with 0:01 left, as Kansas held off Iowa State 97-89 in overtime.
-- Got to get up early Saturday: Duke-NC State and Indiana-Minnesota are both noon tipoffs. Might be the two best games of the day.