Kevin Durant scored 40 points and Serge Ibaka added 19 as the Oklahoma City Thunder rallied and beat the Dallas Mavericks 111-105 in OT at the Chesapeake Energy Arena. Durant shot 13/28 (46%) overall including 4/8 (50%) from 3 point range and drained all 10 of his free throw attempts. Durant also collected 8 rebounds and handed out 5 assists while recording 3 blocked shots. Ibaka made 7/10 (70%) from the field and grabbed a team high 17 rebounds. Kevin Martin contributed 18 off the bench and Russell Westbrook finished with 16 and dished out 10 assists despite converting just 7/20 (35%) from the floor. The Thunder shot just 42% overall but sank 10/25 (40%) from beyond the arc and were clutch (23/28 82%) at the charity stripe. OKC also outrebounded Dallas 56-46 and committed 14 turnovers. Darren Collison led the Mavericks with 32 points on 13/22 (59%) from the floor and Chris Kaman added 17 along with 8 rebounds. Dallas also shot 42% from the field and converted 11/24 (46%) from 3 point range. Westbrook turned the game around with six straight points after the Mavs had gone up 104-101 on Chris Kaman's bucket inside midway through overtime. Westbrook had a layup, hit a jumper over a rusty Dirk Nowitzki and then made a leaping steal of an O.J. Mayo pass that led to a fast-break layup. The sequence left Mavericks owner Mark Cuban shaking his head in his seat near the team's bench. Nowitzki is still working himself into game shape form and shot just 3/11 (27%) for 9 points as a reserve. After Westbrook put Oklahoma City up 107-104, Mayo was fouled on Dallas' next possession while shooting a 3-pointer. He missed the first two foul shots with 33 seconds left as the sold-out Chesapeake Energy Arena crowd roared louder with each miss. Collison came up with a desperation 3-pointer at the buzzer to send it to overtime after Dallas had given up what was once a first half 10 point lead for the first time since the opening 4 minutes. Dallas was swept on a treacherous three-game road trip that featured stops at West contenders Memphis, San Antonio and Oklahoma City despite getting Nowitzki back. Dallas has lost seven of eight to fall to 12-17. Oklahoma City improved to 22-6 7 games ahead of Denver in the Northwest Division.
Matt Barnes scored 21 points off the bench and Jamal Crawford added 17 as the LA Clippers won their 15th straight crushing the Boston Celtics 106-77 at the Staples Center. Barnes shot 7/13 (54%) overall including 5/9 (56%) from 3 point range. Blake Griffin contributed 15 points and 8 rebounds in limited minutes and Caron Butler finished with 14 as the final outcome became more one-sided. The Clippers, who committed only 8 turnovers shot 48% overall including 12/30 (40%) from beyond the arc. While they struggled from the ft line (12/24 50%), they outrebounded the Celtics 44-40 and recorded 31 assists, 11 from Chris Paul who was held to just 8 points. Lamar Odom had a nice all around game off the bench with 13 rebounds, 5 assists and 4 blocked shots. Kevin Garnett led Boston with 16 points on 6/11 (55%) from the floor but was held to just 4 rebounds. Paul Pierce and Courtney Lee each added 12. The Celtics shot just 40% overall and just 6/16 (38%) from 3 point range while committing 19 turnovers. It was the Clippers' largest-ever win against Boston, coming six years to the day of their previous largest, a 100-77 win on Dec. 27, 2006. The Clippers' starters and their bench played to a draw, scoring 53 points each one game after the reserves outscored the starters in a win over Denver on Christmas. Garnett had six points in the third when the Celtics were narrowly outscored 22-20, but still trailed 82-67. The Clippers' 9-0 run pushed their lead to 21 points before Boston went on a 10-4 run, including 3-pointers by Courtney Lee and Rondo to end the quarter. The game got chippy at times. In the third, Jared Sullinger was called for a flagrant-1 foul for grabbing the front of Griffin on his way up to dunk. Then Butler and Pierce emerged from a big mass both holding onto the ball, leading to a jump ball. In the first, Rondo was lying on the ball and Paul tried to take it out from under him on the sideline, leading to a testy moment. The Clippers improved to a league best 23-6 while Boston dropped back to .500 at 14-14.
delusion2 2-2 .500 1-1 0/U
jimmythegreek 1-3 .250 0-2 0/U
Pleiner10 0-1 .000 0-1 0/U
overall 3-6 .333
sides 2-2 .500
totals 1-4 .200
For the latest sports news, capper picks and tracker results, turn to JTG, the leader in BTB information
» All Time Record: 10543-10746-391
» Last 7 Days Record: 86-100-3
» Last 30 Days Record: 422-422-15