You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security.
Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
12/08/2012 09:32 AM
-- Obscure fact: Kevin Youkilis is married to Tom Brady’s sister.
-- Why exactly did the Atlanta Hawks fire Mike Woodson?
-- Adrian Peterson is averaging 6.2 yards/rush. His QB is averaging 6.0 yards per pass attempt.
-- Baseball has had an Organization of the Year award for 47 years, since 1965; this is the first time the Senators/Rangers won it.
-- Seahawks had two TD drives of 90+ yards in Chicago last week; they didn’t have any all of LY.
-- Bill Walton was an analyst on the Magic-Kings game Friday night; you could almost hear the play-by-play guy holding his breath, hoping the big redhead wouldn't get both of them fired before the game ended.
12/08/2012 09:33 AM
Saturday's List of 13: Our NFL List of 13......
32) Chiefs—Good news for the next coach; the bar has been set awful low for improvement in 2013.
31) Raiders—For a team that once had Fred Biletnikoff, when was last time they had a sure-handed, possession receiver? Too many fast guys who lack toughness across the middle.
30) Eagles—Couple of years from now, Eagle fans might be regretting let Mr Reid get out of town.
29) Cardinals—I’m fairly certain that if Carson Palmer played for Arizona, they’d make the playoffs this year.
28) Titans—I’m not sure what they’re trying to do; I’m not sure they’re sure they know what they trying to do.
8) Steelers—Big Ben is back this week; expect a strong December from this bunch; splitting pair of 3-point games with Ravens showed they have life.
7) Bengals—Four wins in row; well-coached team. They could have gone in tank after rough mid-season stretch.
6) Colts—Someday they’ll make a movie about this Colts team; hopefully it won’t wind up as a tearjerker.
5) 49ers—QB controversies are delicate issues. We’ll see how they do if they don’t start forcing turnovers again.
4) Broncos— Elway has to be Executive of the Year, right? What exactly does Denver’s offensive coordinator do? Get #18 coffee/donuts?
3) Patriots-- +24 turnover margin. Big test Monday night vs Texans.
2) Falcons—Is game at Carolina this week their last outdoor game until next year? Would America embrace a Falcon-Texan Super Bowl?
1) Texans—Turned ball over six times in only loss, at home vs Packers.
12/09/2012 10:19 AM
Been focusing on the bowl games along with the holiday season so havent posted many picks but should have a few for the weekend. Lets roll with this for Saturday and a day without college football
12/09/2012 10:19 AM
Sunday's List of 13: Random stuff on a quiet weekend...........
13) Zack Greinke signed a $147M contract with the Dodgers; this is a guy who suffers from social anxiety and depression. Can buy a lot of medication with $147M. The Dodgers are the new Bronx Bombers, free spenders.
12) Dodgers are paying Crawford-Kemp-Gonzalez-Greinke around $87M next year; Tampa Bay/Kansas City have never had payrolls for their whole team over $75M.
11) Bill DeWitt Jr. bought the Cardinals for $150 million in 1995; thats an entire franchise. Dodgers just paid $3M less for one guy.
10) Sad to see Brandon McCarthy leave Oakland for the Diamondbacks, but fact of matter is, he was taking extra days in between starts before he got hit in the head and fractured his skull last September; was fairly obvious he had some kind of an arm problem, but was pitching through it.
9) Luol Deng is first Chicago Bull to play 40+ minutes in all four games of a 4-in-5-night stretch since Michael Jordan in December 1986.
8) Two caddies got into a fight by the putting green before the first round of the Australian Open Thursday; why do I always miss the good stuff?
7) Atlanta Falcons have best record in NFC, but #1 FOX broadcast team, Joe Buck/Troy Aikman, hasn't called one of their games yet. People are slow to realize that Atlanta-Houston are the two best teams in the NFL.
6) Listed attendance for UCLA-Texas at Reliant Stadium was 2,797; is that possibly correct? High school games draw more than that.
5) USC has played eight lined games this year, they're 0-8 vs spread in first halves. Kevin O'Neill and Ben Howland both have to be on thin ice in LA.
4) Villanova beat Penn 68-55 Saturday night; four Wildcats took seven shots, no one on Penn took more than six. Can't remember seeing a boxscore where no players took more than seven shots from floor, though there were 71 foul shots in the game.
3) Tennessee hired Butch Jones to replace Derek Dooley; Cincinnati hired Tommy Tuberville to replace Jones, so it would make sense if Tech hired Dooley to replace Tuberville, right?
2) Wisconsin AD Barry Alvarez said the Big Dozen added Rutgers/Maryland as a deterrent to Penn State bolting for another league. When does all of this stop? It will stop, right?
1) Best story of the week is a mom taking her 3-year old to see Santa Claus at a store in Toronto; little kid is wearing a Maple Leafs' hat. Santa decides to bust the kid's balls, asks him why is he wearing Leafs' gear, because the Leafs suck. Kid left store crying, mom wasn't very happy. Store fired Santa; he's lucky the mom didn't wait in the parking lot to kick his butt.
Happy holidays, everyone!!!!
12/09/2012 10:24 AM
12/09/2012 10:24 AM
12/09/2012 10:27 AM
12/09/2012 10:27 AM
I know its not baseball season but here is a Double Header
12/09/2012 10:29 AM
12/09/2012 10:46 AM
Lets get started with a few for NFL Sunday. So I dont get busy and forget like I sometimes do. Enjoy the day.
MINNESOTA VIKINGS +3
SAN FRANCISCO 49ers -9
JACKSONVILLE JAGS +4
TAMPA BAY BUCS/PHILADELPHIA EAGLES OVER 47 POINTS
NEW JERSEY GIANTS/NEW ORLEANS SAINTS OVER 50 POINTS
Have a couple late games that may be a play, looking at San Francisco 49ers and Detroit Lions.