You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security. Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
-- Obscure fact: Kevin Youkilis is married to Tom Brady’s sister.
-- Why exactly did the Atlanta Hawks fire Mike Woodson?
-- Adrian Peterson is averaging 6.2 yards/rush. His QB is averaging 6.0 yards per pass attempt.
-- Baseball has had an Organization of the Year award for 47 years, since 1965; this is the first time the Senators/Rangers won it.
-- Seahawks had two TD drives of 90+ yards in Chicago last week; they didn’t have any all of LY.
-- Bill Walton was an analyst on the Magic-Kings game Friday night; you could almost hear the play-by-play guy holding his breath, hoping the big redhead wouldn't get both of them fired before the game ended.
Sunday's List of 13: Random stuff on a quiet weekend...........
13) Zack Greinke signed a $147M contract with the Dodgers; this is a guy who suffers from social anxiety and depression. Can buy a lot of medication with $147M. The Dodgers are the new Bronx Bombers, free spenders.
12) Dodgers are paying Crawford-Kemp-Gonzalez-Greinke around $87M next year; Tampa Bay/Kansas City have never had payrolls for their whole team over $75M.
11) Bill DeWitt Jr. bought the Cardinals for $150 million in 1995; thats an entire franchise. Dodgers just paid $3M less for one guy.
10) Sad to see Brandon McCarthy leave Oakland for the Diamondbacks, but fact of matter is, he was taking extra days in between starts before he got hit in the head and fractured his skull last September; was fairly obvious he had some kind of an arm problem, but was pitching through it.
9) Luol Deng is first Chicago Bull to play 40+ minutes in all four games of a 4-in-5-night stretch since Michael Jordan in December 1986.
8) Two caddies got into a fight by the putting green before the first round of the Australian Open Thursday; why do I always miss the good stuff?
7) Atlanta Falcons have best record in NFC, but #1 FOX broadcast team, Joe Buck/Troy Aikman, hasn't called one of their games yet. People are slow to realize that Atlanta-Houston are the two best teams in the NFL.
6) Listed attendance for UCLA-Texas at Reliant Stadium was 2,797; is that possibly correct? High school games draw more than that.
5) USC has played eight lined games this year, they're 0-8 vs spread in first halves. Kevin O'Neill and Ben Howland both have to be on thin ice in LA.
4) Villanova beat Penn 68-55 Saturday night; four Wildcats took seven shots, no one on Penn took more than six. Can't remember seeing a boxscore where no players took more than seven shots from floor, though there were 71 foul shots in the game.
3) Tennessee hired Butch Jones to replace Derek Dooley; Cincinnati hired Tommy Tuberville to replace Jones, so it would make sense if Tech hired Dooley to replace Tuberville, right?
2) Wisconsin AD Barry Alvarez said the Big Dozen added Rutgers/Maryland as a deterrent to Penn State bolting for another league. When does all of this stop? It will stop, right?
1) Best story of the week is a mom taking her 3-year old to see Santa Claus at a store in Toronto; little kid is wearing a Maple Leafs' hat. Santa decides to bust the kid's balls, asks him why is he wearing Leafs' gear, because the Leafs suck. Kid left store crying, mom wasn't very happy. Store fired Santa; he's lucky the mom didn't wait in the parking lot to kick his butt.