You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security. Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
You are too kind JTG. Always appreciate. Well the question is you have to do the write ups before I can paste them. lol
So if you want to handle that for me that would be great. ha ha ha
Always so much fun this time of year, feel lots of pressure to always produce since its been such a 3 decade long winning streak. But I always figure why should it stop now as long as I stay focused and follow the path.
As for 80% well that would be like hitting the Lotto but ya never know. TY
Thanks to Bobalou we have some power ratings and matchups listed already. It will be a while until we start looking at the individual matchups but still some of these numbers are sure to surprise. Again they are based on a system that I have been using since 1977 so please dont ask why. Cause I will just say because. The selections will be what decides what I am playing. GL
As the college football season comes to another close and all of you give thanks for Spooky's football posts, I think it's only fitting we hand out some awards before we break down the bowl games next week. These are awards I literally just made up but you'll see the recipients are more than deserving. And remember as a USC fan I have no remorse in my Fight On awards.
The envelopes please...
The Darren McFadden Golden Pussy Award - Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina
Great, gaping pussy gashes! This guy has to be made out of crusty boogers and dried poop molded together with globs of semen. Part of me feels bad for Lattimore because he seems like a good kid. But another part of me hates him because he played for shit sucking fuck bubble like Spurrier. Marcus would make up a lot of ground in the "feels bad" area if he put his head through a car windshield while screaming "STARTING DEFENSE! PLACE AT THE TABLE!! WOOOOO!!!" But my guess is that he's too busy learning how to walk again.
The Rick Majerus Quadruple Bypass Award - Jerry Kill - Minnesota
No surprise here. The seizure queen dominated this category. I don't know for sure, but I choose to believe that more people think this is funny rather than tragic. Only because it sounds like Jerruh is an insufferable twat wart who treats everyone like street trash. Kill will be the first coach to die on the sideline...assuming he doesn't get fired first. But he probably won't since the college football expectations in Minny are about as high as JimmytheGreek expectations when taking a girl home.
The Brady Quinn Falling NFL Stock Award - Matt Barkley - USC
America's favorite boner lover really boned himself by staying back at USC for "unfinished business". Apparently that business was completely fucking destroying his own future. Think about how much cash this anus lost just by going back for his Senior year. It's truly astonishing. Merely one year ago he would have been the #2 overall pick, most likely to the Washington Pigskins, leaving the Browns to ruin the life of RGTHREELITE. Now Robz Griff is a stud in Washington and Bonerz will get drafted in round 2 or 7 since the Browns only draft a QB every OTHER year. Sorry, Bonerz. Wrong year or else you would have been a LOCK in the first round to Cleveland. NOW HE'S DONE!!
The Blaine Gabbert Drafted Too High Because Of One Season Award - Geno Smith - West Virginia
Hoooo Boy does this have NFL bust written all over it. He's most likely going to be the first QB taken in the draft this year and some GM uninterested in having a job next year will be the moron to pull the first round trigger. Now...I liked Smiff at the beginning of the year. Then I saw what he did against teams that actually had talent. Yikes. What a drop off.
The Jim Schwartz Ass Hat Coach of the Year Award - Lane Kiffen - USC
Never before has there been a more OVERRATED coach than this dick cheese. The more I think about Kiffen, the more I wonder how he got a reputation of being an ELITE coach. He's currently 25-12 at a school that's used to going 11-1 every year so it's not because he wins games. USC recruits itself so you can't say he's a good recruiter. I mean, what 18 year old kid who is awesome at football doesn't want a chance to drown themselves in SoCal pussy and have a chance to play in a BCS bowl game every fucking year? Not to mention playing for a program that gets you NFL ready. So why does everyone continue to shine this guy's pole? It's like Cowfucker has the world brainwashed.
The Best of the Best Award - Alabama's running backs - Uhhhh, Alabama
They go from Ingram to Richardson to Lacy to Yeldon while other schools can't even muster a single thousand yard rusher. Like I said before, I'm not sure which one of these bastards is going to be better, but I DO know that both are going to be destructive motherfuckers at the next level. And another thing...any time you interview a black guy who plays for ROLL DAMN TIDE, please put fucking captions up so I can understand the mush that's coming out. Thank you.
That wraps up our award show today, shit eaters. A special congratulations to all of our winners. Go home and fuck yourselves with these imaginary trophies. Apparently Kirk Herbstreit is none too happy about Northern IlliNOISE getting a BCS bid over Oklahoma. Herbie can be a dildo at times but he also brings up a good point. Hate Herbie all you want...especially those who own MAC thongs but Northern IlliNOISE did lose to a incredibly shitty Iowa team this year. Fact be facts
Wednesday's List of 13: Random thoughts on bowl games.......
13) Biggest bowl spread, by far, is Oklahoma State -17 over Purdue in the Heart of Dallas Bowl; 9-3 Louisiana Tech would’ve fit in there nicely, instead of a team that already fired its coach. Next highest spread is the game in Hawai’i, Fresno State -11.5 over SMU.
12) Unless I’m missing something, the seven Big Dozen bowl teams are all underdogs in their bowl games. The ten SEC teams are all favored in theirs. Draw your own conclusions there.
Side note: Ohio State/Penn State being ineligible for bowl games played into this happening.
11) Pitt Panthers are headed to the Compass Bowl for third year in a row, meaning they sure as hell won’t need a compass to get back to Birmingham, which I’m sure is a fine city that loves football, but couldn’t they ship the Panthers somewhere else?
At least Pitt has had a different coach in all three Compass Bowls, or shouldn’t I mention that?
10) Highest bowl totals: Baylor-UCLA, 78 in usually high scoring Holiday Bowl, and Kansas State-Oregon, 77 in the Fiesta Bowl. Both games should be bigtime fun.
9) Lowest totals: Rutgers-Virginia Tech and TCU-Michigan State were both 41.5, last time I looked. Alabama-Notre Dame is 42.
Crimson Tide outscored its last two bowl opponents 70-7.
8) USC can’t be thrilled having to prepare for Georgia Tech’s option attack, but look on the bright side; Tech is 6-7, their defense is awful.
Plus, it’s the Trojans’ first bowl in three years, so any bowl is good and El Paso is supposed to be a fun place. This is another spot where Louisiana Tech would’ve been an upgrade as an opponent.
7) Mississippi State is 5-0 in bowls since 1999, and they were an underdog in three of those five games.
6) San Diego State/Vanderbilt are both playing home games in bowls. Not sure that’s good, well if you live in San Diego its good. I guess playing in front of your home fans is always good.
5) Kent State lost ’72 Tangerine Bowl 21-18 to Tampa; they haven’t been back to a bowl since, but they’re in the GoDaddy Bowl in Mobile, so good for them. Jack Lambert/Nick Saban were on that ’72 Kent team, by the way.
Kent lost its coach Tuesday night, when Purdue hired Darrell Hazell.
4) Iowa State beat Tulsa 38-23 in its season opener September 1. Why are these teams playing again in the Liberty Bowl? Why?
I’ll beat the dead horse; Louisiana Tech is a way more attractive team than the Cyclones, though Iowa State will bring fans to Memphis, and making money is all these bowls care about.
3) West Virginia of the Big 12 against Syracuse of the ACC in the Bronx on December 29. Somebody please buy Dana Holgorsen a hat, he’ll need it. Bad weather bowl for a passing team with a lousy defense. Is going to NYC for a bowl game an attractive trip? Its damn cold there in December.
2) Two bowls match up a pair of 6-6 teams; Compass Bowl and Armed Forces Bowl, but at least Air Force is in the Armed Forces Bowl. Not sure how Rice got to a bowl. I won't even mention the obvious here.....
1) UL-Monroe will be very excited about its first bowl ever, against Ohio in the Independence Bowl. Too bad Louisiana Tech-ULM don't get along- their matchup would’ve been one of the better bowls.
Spook: Can't really put into words the thanks and kudos you deserve, not only for this stuff each bowl season, but also for your daily input(s). I don't know if it's all that exterminator juice you inhaled (or swallowed) or not, but you are truly a gem.Thanks alot to you & Bobs.
Never, ever criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes........for at that point they will be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes !
Thanks again Finance. Yes this thread will be constantly updated but we will also have an individual thread for each and every bowl game. So for anyone that may be following, you can just check out the individual bowl game thread as we get closer and see what is being written about each game.