You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security.
Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
11/30/2012 06:44 PM
Not sure about tonights games. Like em both but dont love em. Probably would be no plays for me on a Saturday when there is a full card but lord forbid I sit one out. I wouldnt be surprised to see one of the dogs winning so makes sense to bet em both on the money line and see what happens. Small plays for sure.
KENT STATE +9 +250
UCLA +11 +320
Money line and with the points buying up as needed.
12/01/2012 09:00 AM
Two winners last night even if we didnt cash the money line
Saturday's List of 13: Nobody asked me, but..........
13) Gregg Popovich caused a pretty big stir Thursday night, when he made a loud, public statement about the NBA schedule, sending home four of his starters rather than have them play their sixth road game in nine nights, a nationally televised game against the Heat in Miami. It was only Miami’s third game in 12 nights, all at home.
They need to reprogram the computer that makes the schedule. Spurs actually led late in the game but folded late and lost by 5, covering what swelled from a 6 to a 12-point spread in Las Vegas.
12) St Joe’s plays Creighton today; Hawks’ coach Phil Martelli actually compared Bluejays’ F Doug McDermott to Larry Bird. Thats quite a handful, big compliment, but he’s also blowing smoke.
Its unfair to compare any college player to Bird, who was a little bit older when he went through college, plus he wasn’t seen much in college, since he graduated school the year ESPN was founded.
11) Thursday night’s TV games found teams called Red Storm/Scarlet Knights both wearing black jerseys at home, while Notre Dame was wearing a black-on-black outfit where you couldn’t see the players’ numbers on TV. Falcons also wore black when they usually wear red, but those were throwbacks that Atlanta wore back in late 60’s, when they first joined NFL.
10) Former North Carolina guard Kendall Marshall is example of a kid who didn’t stay in college long enough; now he’s playing in the D League, learning the pro game the hard way. Should’ve stayed in school another year and improved his skills more before turning pro.
9) Minnesota Timberwolves are a fun team to watch, and now they’re getting PG Ricky Rubio back in a couple weeks; Rubio is the closest thing the NBA has to the Robby Benson character in the old basketball movie, One on One. Flashy player, floppy hair, fun to watch.
8) Its conceivable Atlanta Falcons could play only one more outdoor game this season, when they visit Charlotte to play the Panthers. Super Bowl is in the Superdome, a place they’ve had a lot of trouble, but since they wouldn’t be playing the Saints there, it might not be so bad.
7) David Wright gets 8 years, $138M from the Mets, who finally ponied up for one of their stars. They needed to do that.
6) Pirates outbid the Bronx Bombers for Russell Martin? $17M for two years for a guy who hit .211? I know he walks a decent amount, but his power numbers were inflated by the short dimensions in the Bronx ballpark. Curious to see how Martin handles Pittsburgh after spending his whole career in LA/NY.
5) Look at college basketball conference ratings, and you see Mountain West at #5, highest they’ve ever been, ahead of SEC/Pac -12/A-16. Boise State’s win at Creighton was big, and so is Colorado State’s fast start under Larry Eustachy. UNLV-San Diego State are the league's two best teams.
4) So I’m buying glasses couple of months ago, when I notice that Nike sells a line of frames. Of course, they’re ridiculously expensive but that never stops me. Why would I buy glasses from a company that got famous making sneakers? Are they just there so kids will buy them? Would kids even want them? I got Timberland by the way. Really bought 2 pairs. Cause ya never know.
3) New Mexico State/Western Kentucky are next in line to move up to Conference USA, should some more of their members switch leagues. Middle Tennessee and Florida Atlantic already bolted the Sun Belt this week.
2) A country club banned Michael Jordan because he wore cargo pants playing golf. What? I wear cargo pants all the time; good thing for me I don’t want to play golf in Miami. In this technology age, you need all the pockets you can get, though it gets complicated at the security gate in the airport, emptying all my stuff out into those plastic bins, then filling the pockets up after I’ve gone through security.
1) Christmas might be a little bit awkward at the Kiffin place this year, seeing as son Lane just fired his dad as USC’s defensive coordinator. They said Monte Kiffin “resigned” but coaches at that level don’t resign, and dads sure don’t quit on their sons. “Merry Christmas, Dad. Here’s a gift certificate to Kinko’s. Go update your resume.”
12/01/2012 11:06 AM
Here are a few for today. May not be around later or until tonight for anything else as I see how the day goes. GL
ARKANSAS STATE -10
NEBRASKA PK (moneyline)
ALABAMA -6 (buy pt)
Leaning towards UConn and Georgia Tech right now with Georgia Tech putting up some points in their game.