As I posted on the college football thread forgot to post my NFL pick last night as well and of course I mention it cause it was a winner also.
But hopefully some jumped on Buffalo or a pretty easy win.
Friday's List of 13: Things I'm looking for this weekend.......
13) Andrew Luck’s first genuinely big game as Colts’ QB, in Foxboro. When schedule came out last spring, no one thought this would be a big game anymore, but it is.
12) Kansas State’s last road game is at Baylor; win there, then beat Texas and its off to play for a national championship.
11) Chargers had a 24-0 halftime lead first time they played the Broncos; they lost 35-24. This is Norv Turner’s last stand coaching San Diego- they won't make playoffs if they lose here. Broncos covered their last five games as a favorite.
10) Are there any polls that recognize Ohio State, even though they’re on probation? If there are, Buckeyes have shot at a mythical national title. This is very tough game for them, at Wisconsin.
9) Jets and Brian Schottenheimer parted ways after last season; now they meet up again, with Mark Sanchez in a funk, having been blanked by his college coach last week. Now he faces his old coordinator. Rams are 3-0 in games where spread is 3 or less points.
8) Jim Mora Jr gets his first shot at crosstown rival USC; you get idea the gap between Bruins-Trojans is getting smaller, but until UCLA beats them couple times, LA is still the Trojans’ town.
7) Red Sox are right now worst team in AL East, by far; supposedly they tried to get in on the Marlins’ fire sale, but didn’t get a deal done. When are they going to make moves, and what will they be?
Would make sense if they panicked and threw a pile of cash at free agent OF Josh Hamilton. Not sure it would work out well, but it would quiet people.
6) Oakland Raiders gave up 42-55 points last two weeks, now Drew Brees and the Saints come to town; good luck there. New Orleans gets back to .500 with win here.
5) Vanderbilt is favored over Tennessee for third time in last five years, but they’re 1-13 in last 14 series games. Much like Norv Turner in Denver, this could be Derek Dooley’s last stand with the Vols.
4) Clippers beat Miami Wednesday, host the Bulls Saturday and visit San Antonio Monday; tough stretch of games. How is it as soon as Grant Hill leaves Phoenix, he’s out hurt again? What is it about the Suns’ trainers that kept him healthy those years in the desert?
In five years with Phoenix, Hill played in 91.7% (362 of 392) Suns' games; he hasn't played in any of the Clippers' eight games this year.
In six years in Orlando, the six years before Phoenix, he played in 32.0% (131-410) of Magic's games. Suns' trainers must be pretty good.
3) Ravens at Steelers is always a big game, with Roethlisberger out this week, tough game for Steelers to win. Whats up with Baltimore running a fake FG last week, when they led 41-17 late in third quarter?
2) This Saturday used to be Rivalry Saturday in college football, the best day of the whole year, including New Year’s Day; the BCS nonsense and the expansion of the season finished all that, to point where half the SEC is playing I-AA teams this week. Seriously; 20 years ago, this week was the end of the regular season in college ball, except for 10-12 rivalry games Thanksgiving weekend.
1) Alex Smith is expected to play Monday night; not so sure about Jay Cutler. Bears’ two losses this year are at night; they haven’t beaten 49ers in Candlestick since 1985.
Stop by to sign up for BetDSI and Bookmaker
Click here to sign up for WAGERWEB
Click here for all your Amazon products:
Click here for all your fantasy sport needs: