You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security.
Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
SPOOKY'S DEJA DEJA DEJA DEJA VU WEEKLY COLLEGE FOOTBALL EXPRESS
16 Replies | 2571 Views
On 10/30/2012 02:20 PM in NCAA Football
Six of the more intriguing football games coming up this weekend.....
-- Ga Tech @ Maryland-- Terps are out of QBs; a freshman linebacker who played QB in high school LY will start for them this week. Really.
-- Alabama @ LSU-- SEC West showdown in primetime; seems doubtful our man Les Miles has a good enough QB to win this game.
-- Nebraska @ Michigan State-- "I am grateful for all my problems. After each one was overcome, I became stronger and more able to meet those that were still to come. I grew in all my difficulties.”
JC Penny, whose stores are for some reason called JC Penney
-- Oregon @ USC-- Computers will have lot more to digest after this one. Trojans loss at Arizona hurts them in the ratings.
-- Steelers @ Giants-- If Big Blue hadn't traded for Eli Manning, they were going to draft Ben Roethlisberger.
-- Eagles @ Saints-- Two desperate, struggling teams on Monday night.
10/30/2012 02:22 PM
Tuesday's List of 13: Nobody asked me, but..........
13) Thursday is November 1st; Chiefs still haven’t led any game this season in regulation time; their only win was in New Orleans, a game they trailed 24-6, before winning in OT.
12) I’m amazed by this stat: 24 teams have led the World Series 3-0; 21 of them won Game 4, the other three won Game 5. Last team to win a Game 4 down 3-0? The 1970 Reds.
11) Did the NFL quietly loosen the rules on roughing the passer? Saw several hard hits on QBs this week, even one on Peyton Manning, and don’t remember seeing one roughing call. Unusual.
10) Robert Griffin III actually got called for offensive pass interference at Pittsburgh Sunday; not often that happens to a QB. Pretty cool play by the Redskins, running an end-around and having the WR throw a pass to the QB. Didn’t come close to working, but it was fun to watch.
9) New York City shut down its subways this week; that almost never happens. Saw a picture from Grand Central Station Sunday night; other than a security guard, place was eerily empty.
8) Giants’ charter got back from Dallas at 1:06 Monday morning; could be an odd week of preparation for eastern teams this week, with Hurricane Sandy screwing up lot of plans along the way.
Good week for a team to have its bye week.
7) College basketball teams are scrimmaging each other now, but for some reason the NCAA wants to keep the results hush-hush. Wait ‘til ESPN wants to televise one someday.
Not sure what the point is of keeping it all quiet.
6) In the season’s first seven weeks, there had been only one game all year (Packers @ Seahawks) without a turnover. This week there were two, Redskins-Steelers and Falcons-Eagles.
5) Bruce Bochy is obviously a superior manager; he had the Padres in the World Series, too, but why did he leave San Diego? Seems like a new hierarchy was Moneyball-oriented and thought Bochy made too much money, so he was encouraged to find employment elsewhere. Man in charge in San Diego at the time? Sandy Alderson, who now runs the Mets. Yikes.
4) Chicago Bears have six defensive TDs in their last five games, but their offense is struggling, scoring only three TDs in last two games, on drives of 59-49-38 yards. Offense has to step up eventually.
3) Why would any reporter, in a postgame press conference, where emotions are running high, ask a coach if he thinks he should be fired? Someone who does that is looking to cause an emotional reaction from the coach. Its not good.
2) Only two defensive TD’s were scored this week, by the Bears and Giants; those two teams and the two teams that blocked punts for a TD combined to go 4-0 this week.
1) If you’re reading this, it means you still have power. Crazy weather in many parts of the world. Stay safe.
10/30/2012 02:23 PM
Wrapping up college football from last Saturday .....
13) USC’s 39-36 loss at Arizona really helps Kansas State, since Oregon/Notre Dame still have to play the Trojans, so it’ll put a crimp in their strength of schedule. What happens if Alabama-Oregon-Notre Dame-Kansas State all win out? Chaos, that’s what.
12) If you had NC State +7.5 at North Carolina Saturday, you might be the victim of worst bad beat in college football history. State led 35-32 until UNC tied the game with 1:24 left, then when Wolfpack punted after a 3-and-out, Giovani Bernard ran the punt back 74 yards for the winning TD with 0:13 left. But you had the Wolfpack +7.5, right? I had the Tar Heels if I was honest and was pleasantly surprised.
For some unknown reason, UNC’s punter fakes the PAT and the Tar Heels get two points and the cover!!!
Carolina coach Larry Fedora has some ‘splaining to do, people. I didn’t have either side in the game, but it appears as if Carolina was blatantly trying to beat the pointspread, no?
11) USC WR Marquis Lee caught 16 passes for 345 yards; the other Trojans caught 15 for 148. But Arizona upset the Trojans 39-36, forcing five USC turnovers (+4), in a penalty-marred game (total of 27 penalties for 246 yards).
Big win for Rich Rodriguez’ team, which trailed 21-13 at the half. Horrible play calling by Lane Kiffen in the 2nd half and Barkley seems to miss a wide open Robert Woods for a touchdown every game that may have put the game away before Zona had a chance to come back.
10) Florida-Georgia was another flagfest (24 penalties for 227 yards), and a very sloppy game to boot, with far too much yapping between players. 539 total yards, 227 penalty yards, but Georgia beat Florida for the second year in row, 17-9. Big win for Mark Richt.
9) Texas A&M 63, Auburn 21, at Auburn. Aggies play a freshman QB, but Auburn is in total freefall. As long as Nick Saban is running amok with th Crimson Tide, the Auburn job is a death trap. They won the national title two years ago, and will probably change coaches this winter.
8) Washington Huskies might be weirdest team in America; they upset Oregon State 20-17, their second top 10 upset of the year, but they’ve also lost three games by 30+ points. Hard to figure, but at 4-4, and with Utah-Colorado-Cal-Wazzu left to play, Washington figures to go bowling.
7) In the NBA, Oklahoma City traded James Harden to Houston in a six-player deal; San Antonio Spurs are only team in league that didn’t make a trade this offseason.
6) Rutgers was unbeaten, until bowl-bound Kent State of MAC outrushed them 224-96 and upset the Knights 35-23. Rutgers threw six INTs, was -5 in turnovers, so its easy to see how they lost.
5) Michigan QB Denard Robinson left (elbow) with an injury in second quarter; his replacement was 3-16 for 38 yards passing, as Wolverines got beat 23-9 at Nebraska.
How does Michigan not have a QB who can pass?
4) Big day for two kick returners; Utah’s Reggie Dunn had a couple of 100-yard TDs on kick returns; UCF’s Quincy McDuffie had kick return TDs of 97/98 yards, as both teams had decisive wins.
3) South Florida led 23-3 at halftime over Syracuse, but fell apart in second half and lost on the last play, 37-36, their sixth loss in a row. Bulls had 369 rushing yards and still lost.
2) Would’ve been nice to see Oregon State-Washington game, but DirecTV doesn’t have the Pac-12 Network. Does it help a league to have its games hidden from a big chunk of the country?
1) Our thoughts and prayers to South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore, who hurt his knee Saturday, an injury that appeared to be very serious. Get well soon, young man.
10/30/2012 02:32 PM
College Football Week 9
Marquise Lee - That, ladies and gents, is a motherfucking ball game. He must be my illegitimate child as well since he has my same name (Marc Lee) Too bad the effort was for absolutely nothing. But he's black and goes to USC so I'm sure he cares about personal accolades more than pesky team stuff, like wins. So he's happy. But still. Pretty impressive day, sir.
Georgia - I really can't figure these guys out. One weekend they get flattened by Souf Carolina and the next week they take out the #2 team in the country despite Aaron Murray looking like a creamy turd all game.
Notre Dame - Fuck heads. This was my best shot at the queer ass Irish to lose this year. Bob Stoops likes to smell other people's farts. I'm sure that's why he totally blew it Saturday night since all he could think about was deeply inhaling a Brian Kelly shit biscuit. But I will never give up faith that Notre Dame will lose to Bonerz Barkley or someone worse.
USC - This is HAAAAAAARD! It's incredible how one season can completely murder the NFL's opinion on one guy. The sound of Bonerz' draft stock plummeting is the same sound a JimmytheGreek thunder turd makes as it crash lands into the toilet water. Horrible play calling continues by Lane Kiffen coming out in the second half of ballgames.
Marcus Lattimore's body - THE ULTIMATE BETRAYAL! Jesus dick kicking Christ does this guy have bad luck. Did he punch a nun in the uterus in when he was younger? Masturbate in the holy water? Why does God hate this guy's knees so much? That injury was about as nasty as the Chyna sex tape that made men across the country give high consideration to self castration. Spurrier swears Lattimore will play for SC again...right after he peeped on your sister shaving her bush in the shower.
Brady Hoke - There's only one tardest this week. Okay you chubby fuck. I want some fucking answers and not answers that started as 3 foot long pizza subs from Subway that eventually became the stool you feed the media. I want REAL fucking answers as to why in the holy fucking hell you opted to play a God damn Freshman with zero game experience when you have a quarterback with meaningful minutes at WR attempting to catch passes a fucking albatross couldn't rip down. A quarterback who was clearly needed at wide receiver with that blistering performance of one catch for fifteen yards. Wait...hold your answer for now. Better question.
At what point in a game you can still win do you pull a guy who is obviously complete shit? How can you not see that Nebraska's defense was moving you down the field offensively more than your signal caller was? And did I mention that you have a quarterback with real game experience playing FUCKING WIDE RECEIVER??? Did it ever cross your lard encased brain during the 0 for 10 Rusty Bellomy start (passes that weren't even close, by the way) that HEY! Maybe this isn't working and we need to play a guy who has actually completed a few college passes before today? Did Devin Gardner forget the playbook overnight? Was that it? Did you catch Gardner elephant cocking your freshman daughter in the locker room after practice one day? Please, man. Give me something! I need to know why you single handedly sabotaged this team on Saturday by playing your worst possible option at QB on the road in a game you had to win. I'm all fucking ears, buddy. By the way I only had the Over in the game.
FUCK! I feel better. Don't take that as me bailing on Hoke or my USC Trojans. I'm not. I'm just insanely frustrated at USC and have to know the reason they most likely ruined the season on Saturday. In other news...please excuse commenter Matt Barkley from the conversation today. He's most likely bed ridden with an IV in his balls to replace all the fluids he lost by cranking it to the weather all fucking night. That's all. Now take your shots, needle dicks.
10/31/2012 09:17 AM
Wednesday's List of 13: Doing some thinking out loud.........
13) Maryland had four QB’s at start of season; all four are now hurt, which means a freshman linebacker, who played QB in high school LY but wasn’t recruited as a QB will now start for the Terps against Georgia Tech Saturday. Kind of hope that game is on TV.
12) Saturday is November 3, and Virginia Cavaliers (0-7-1) still haven’t covered a game this year; Colorado is a dismal 1-7 vs spread. On plus side, are Northwestern (8-1) and Ole Miss (7-1).
11) If/when Nick Foles plays for the Eagles, he’ll became the first Arizona Wildcat alum to play QB in an NFL game since the immortal Bill Demory went 12-39 passing for the Jets in 1973-74.
10) NFL pushed the trading deadline back from Tuesday til Thursday afternoon, because NFL offices are closed Tuesday due to the hurricane. It might have to be pushed back further.
9) Over last five games, Giants have outsacked opponents 15-2; they have 13 takeaways (+9) in their last three games.
8) Dallas is 3-4; they’ve allowed a TD on offense/special teams in all four losses, and haven’t allowed one in any of the wins.
7) Do what you will with this information: Tony Romo’s career record in November: 19-2, with six straight wins.
6) Eagles haven’t started a drive in enemy territory since Week 2 vs Ravens; since then, opponents have started seven drives in Philly territory.
5) Carolina Panthers lost their last five games, last four all by 5 or less points; they’ve lost average field position by average of 7.4 yards a game, a decent amount. Only game they won field position, they won the game, too.
4) David Letterman taped his show Monday night without a studio audience, in deference to the hurricane; was odd hearing jokes told with no laughter. Denzel Washington was a guest, braving the elements to make it to the CBS studio in Manhattan.
3) Jim Leyland and all his coaches got a 1-year extension from the Tigers; Detroit gets Victor Martinez back next year, figures to be a strong team again, maybe even a little stronger.
2) Manu Ginobili missed half the Spurs’ games LY and is hurt again at start of this year; he makes $14M+ a year. Good thing he was healthy enough to play in the Olympics this past summer.
1) Nine youth football coaches or associates in South Florida are facing felony charges in connection with gambling on youth football.
As much as $20,000 was bet in one rivalry game a few weeks ago, and up to $100,000 has been wagered on the youth leagues' final championship games of the season. These are kids 15 years old and younger.
Those arrested could face as much as five years in prison.
10/31/2012 02:30 PM
Best way to get higher ratings for the Academy Awards
Sophie Marceau style
10/31/2012 02:33 PM
10/31/2012 02:35 PM
10/31/2012 02:36 PM
10/31/2012 02:37 PM