You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security. Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
12) John Daly and Las Vegas is always an interesting combination; he shot 63 Friday, was contending, then all hell broke loose Saturday, when he shot an astonishingly-bad 86. How does a professional golfer shoot 14-over par for 18 holes, the day after he shoots a 63?
11) NFL Films needs to mike Sean Payton for an afternoon while he is watching the Saints at home in his living room. A unique opportunity.
10) Nick Markakis had pins taken out of his broken thumb and could be ready to play in two weeks, if the Orioles last that long.
9) Houston Texans' coach Gary Kubiak totally coached not to lose against the Jets Monday night and it worked, but if Texans are going to beat good teams down the road, he's going to have to get more daring, especially with all the offensive weapons his team has.
Late Update: Brian Cushing tore his ACL, huge blow to Texan defense.
8) Saw some video on Manute Bol's son, a 6-5 7th grader, playing AAU ball in Indianapolis. Just like his dad, he shoots from too far outside!!!
7) I'm happy to report the NBA package on DirecTV is still $180 for the season, same as it was the last two years. Of course last year, $180 was a ripoff, since the season was shortened to 66 games.
6) In Wisconsin, a company sells condoms with Wisconsin Badger mascot Bucky Badger on them; on the box it says, "Get Lucky with Bucky".
5) I'm a big CSI fan, but only watch them on latenight reruns; have to admit, I like Ted Danson as boss. Never got used to Lawrence Fishburne in that role-- Gil Grissom was a tough character to replace. Always better to replace the man who replaced the man.
4) Last two years, Michael Vick has nine red zone turnovers; no one else has more than five.
3) Would love to know the whole story as to why NC State fired Russell Wilson before his senior year, allowing him to transfer without sitting out a year. Coach O'Brien's team upset Florida State Saturday, but there have to be people in Raleigh who aren't really happy about what happened.
I mean, how do you recruit when an NFL QB transferred out of NC State, seemingly with the coach's blessing?
2) Oregon State QB Mannion (knee) is out this week, so the unbeaten Beavers will play at BYU with a backup; Cougars have already won a game 6-3, lost a game 7-6, so another pitcher's duel wouldn't be surprising.
1) How different would pro sports be if every player was working under a one-year contract?
Sharing the best and worst of College Football on the NFL Express
Im sure next week in Punta Cana Ryan and myself will be participating in "drink as many margaritas as you can in four hours" with lots of the Bookmaker and DSI guys. Im sure the next morning I will be found standing in the casino in my underwear while shoveling left over Mexican food in my mouth in the same fashion a lion would eat a mangled gazelle carcass. It should be a fun time. Oh well. Time for some footbawwwwww!
-The Ohio Buckeyes.
See? I can give credit where it's due. That was a straight up fuckin ass whoopin over a team that was allegedly good. I think we can all agree after watching that game that Nebraska is horse nuggets. I was especially impressed with Carlos Hyde in that game. That's a motherfuckin ball game right there, ladies and dick lickers! What pleases me the most about this game is Ohio has nothing to play for this year and keeps picking off Legends contenders thus paving the way for Michigan to grease their way into a Big 10 title. Thanks, faggots!
I keep waiting for this team to let me down yet they keep winning every week. I see they still haven't mastered the art of defense in Morgantown but who needs a defense when you have Geno Smiff? Sweet lesbian pussy sweat, this fucker is good! I mean...what Smiff is doing right now is nutty turd, crazy. It's gargling with shit water, insane. Completing over 80% of his passes with almost 2,000 yards passing and 24 TDs to FUCKING ZERO picks!! I didn't see a Heisman ranking on ESPN.com yet but if anyone but Smiff is on top of that leaderboard I'll head to Bristol and just start ripping wieners off of people's bodies without saying a word. Like I'm unearthing carrots from nutrient rich soil. I bet Bettin Gurl is ready to party with me now.
I was going to slap them with the dreaded "Tardest" label but Souf Carolina seems to be pretty good. Even though Spurrier is still a creepy little hobbit that most likely had cameras installed into the women's locker room, the COCKS look like a legit contender right now. We'll just see if they can avoid an FSU caliber meltdown against a team they should be blowing the fuckin doors off of. On the flip side, we all knew that Georgia was a little OVERRATED but to get humiliated like that is just plain awful. They didn't even compete. Just a pathetic performance all the way around.
-IOWA STATE, THE GIANT KILLERS! And to think that no one in TCU's athletic department had to die in a fiery plane crash for Iowa state to pull this one off. Casey Pachall sure offered a strong hand of support in this upset by getting blasted then deciding to go on a Texas joy ride. It's cool Casey. We're still BRAHS although TCU's football program doesn't echo the same sentiment. I offer a heterosexual warm embrace if he needs a friendly shoulder to cry into.
THERE IT IS!! THERE'S THE EMBARRASSING LOSS WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!! I went hoarse with laughter when I saw the final of this game. Classic FSU. Can we all be done picking the Noles as a sleeper preseason national title contender every year? Have they publicly soiled themselves enough over the last decade for us to realize how OVERRATED this team really is? I mean...FUCK! How much easier could this have been set up for these dick smacks? The only tough game they had left was the last game of the year against Florida. I'm done talking about these fuckin losers. Anyone in the Spooky panel that picks FSU in the title game preseason next year is fucking banned from this site.
No one believes you. Because you are a liar and a rapey butt fucker. Save the breath you were going to use on you "innocence speech" at the sentencing. Instead, use it for your first night in prison for when you tenderly blow on your cell mates ball hair as he fists your asshole. You're getting life in prison no matter what you say. Why? Because the judge sentencing you doesn't want to have to move to Canada where everything besides the health care is second rate. Have fun getting blown out like a DP anal porn star for the next 15 years of your life...assuming you live that long. It'll be great practice for the eternity in Hell you have to look forward to.
The Spooky Lock of the Week
After fuckin NAILING the Florida upset over the toilet water specialist led LSU Tigers. Let's keep this streak going.
(17) Stanford over (7) Notre Dame. I'm sorry but this Irish team is insanely OVERRATED. Their most impressive wins this year are against two Big 10 teams that look to be very average this year. And neither were blow outs. Sure...Standford struggled against The fighting RichRods of Arizona and lost to Washington but they do have an impressive win over then second ranked USC. I think Stanford gets overlooked this week because Notre Dame thinks they are a way better team than they really are. Plus Brian Kelly hasn't murdered anyone in awhile so I think he may be losing his edge. Stanford 31 Notre Dame 21.
Wednesday's List of 13: Doing some thinking out loud.......
13) Texas Rangers won't give Josh Hamilton an offer before free agency starts, which is their way of saying, "Nice knowing ya." Will be fascinating to see who signs the troubled Hamilton, and for how much money.
12) If I'm running the Jets, and Lord knows I shouldn't be, first thing I do is clearly define the roles of the two quarterbacks. Sanchez would be QB all the time, until the team got inside the red zone (opponents' 20-yard line), then Tebow would run the option the rest of the way.
Firstly, I wouldn't have Tebow on my team, but if he was, thats how we would utilize his talents. Changing QBs randomly isn't a sound approach.
11) Heat/Clippers are in China, Celtics were in Turkey, Mavericks were in Spain; sometimes you wonder which continent NBA cares most about.
10) Chicago Bears scored 11 TDs in last three games; six by its offense, five by the defense.
9) Carlos Beltran has 13 HRs in 94 career postseason ABs.
8) Iowa Western CC is a junior college that started up its football program only four years ago; they're 6-0 this year, averaging 68 ppg.
7) Brady Quinn is 3-9 as a starting QB in the NFL; looks like he'll get his first start for the Chiefs Sunday at Tampa Bay.
6) TCU quarterback Casey Pachall has withdrawn from school to get treatment at an inpatient facility, which normally takes 30-60 days. Door is open for Pachall to return to the school/program down the road.
Redshirt freshman Trevone Boykin will try to fill Pachall's big shoes.
5) San Francisco Giants employ a sleep expert, who advised them the best way to travel for this playoff series was to travel east to Cincinnati on Monday, instead of right after Game 2. Wonder how much he gets paid.
4) Interesting subplot to Sunday's St Louis-Miami game is fact that Jeff Fisher had his choice between the Rams/Dolphins jobs last winter and chose St Louis. At this point, think both teams are happy.
3) Dolphins' WR Brian Hartline leads NFL in receiving yards, with 514 yards; his receivers' coach is Ken O'Keefe, who spent 12 years at Iowa as offensive coordinator, and before that won a national championship as head coach at Division III Allegheny, where Joe Philbin was an assistant.
2) Buck Showalter is a great manager; he's also the only manager I've seen walk a guy intentionally with bases loaded. When he was in Arizona, Showalter walked Barry Bonds intentionally in the 9th inning, with an 8-6 lead and the bases loaded with two out. Next batter hit a line shot right at the rightfielder, and Showalter had an 8-7 win.
1) I really hope Conan O'Brien's TV show is funnier than commercials for the show, which air constantly during the baseball playoffs.