You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security. Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
Monday's List of 13: Wrapping up an NFL Sunday.........
13) Emotional day in Indianapolis, where Colts came back from a 21-3 halftime deficit to stun the Packers, 30-27; Indy coach Chuck Pagano has a highly cureable form of leukemia, but will be away from the team for 6-8 more weeks, while he undergoes treatment. Good day for the Colts.
12) Michael Vick fumbled on the Steelers' 1-yard line, so did Matt Cassel on Baltimore's 1-yard line. Eagles lost 16-14, Chiefs lost 9-6. Teams only get the ball 9-10 times a game, can't be wasting opportunities.
11) Five teams were +2 or better in turnovers; Carolina was only team to lose. Cam Newton completed only 12 of 29 passes; he has regressed in his second season. Maybe a better QB coach than Mike Shula would help?
10) Home teams were 8-5 vs spread today, favorites 7-6, under 8-5, if you care about such things.
9) Memo to TV people: Stop showing roughing the passer calls in slow motion; every hit looks like a late hit when you slow it down.
8) I can't stand how quarterbacks are protected now, and the better ones are protected more than the guys on lesser teams. Right now, its all about protecting the NFL when these concussion lawuits come up, but the game isn't as much fun to watch when you see penalties for two-hand shoves.
7) 49ers scored a TD with 1:11 left on a 16-yard running play, to make the score 45-3 over the Bills. Wonder what the postgame handshake was like-- seriously, whats the point of burying a non-conference opponent?
6) Tough times for Buffalo, which has allowed 90 points in its last six quarters; they're 2-3, but losses are by 20-24-38 points.
5) Teams scored 337 points on red zone drives this week, good for 4.55 points per possession. There were 88 plays of 20+ yards, an average of 3.67 per team.
4) Makes me laugh when a ref throws a flag for pass interference, one of his cohorts usually throws a second flag, as if its the most obvious call ever. Asked a guy I know who refs a lot of high school football, and he tells me they're coached to do that, to "sell the call". Terrific.
3) Why did the Seahawks pay Matt Flynn $13M if they're going to play rookie Russell Wilson? They've scored 16 or less points in four of their five games-- no way their offense wouldn't be more potent with Flynn at QB.
2) No mistake Redskins are improved, but they've still lost eight home games in a row, and that ain't good.
1) Hell of an officiating job Sunday night in New Orleans, where a bogus roughing the passer call nullified a Charger pick-6 that would've put them up 31-14, then an even worse offensive interference call nullified a long gain on the last San Diego drive. Saints won 31-24. If replacement refs had ever pulled that BS, it would've been a very big story. But since I had the Saints big time I aint complaining.
Heading to Punta Cana with the BTB entourage and will be not posting much later in the week as we get shit faced, hammered and of course get a few massages by the Dominican massage girls. Heading there for the Punta Cana Poker Classic.
That poker room is going to be named after me in about a year. Even though I dont play poker it should be dont you think. Whats better than the Spooky Poker Room. Anyway, let's get it on with the worst of the week or as I like to call it, "watch me cry about my QB's head goo".
Cee-Lo Green - Not only is this guy the weirdest looking guy ever, but that "song" that they play before the Thursday night game is just awful. First of all The Ramones are terrible. Never spoof those ugly trolls. And "DO YOU LOVE FOOTBALL?" is what I imagine it feels like to be prison raped.
Robert Griffin III - I might as well get this over with for all you Redskin fans. Look, BRAH, GET THE FUCK DOWN. You've been playing with fire all season and you finally got burned. Reports, at the time of this writing, say that you were just "shaken up" but they need you, BRAH. Stop taking hits. Kirk Cousins is pretty bad and you don't want to watch him play any more.
Billy Cundiff - Worst kicker in the league. It doesn't matter who the Skins bring in because they always SUCK DICK.
Andy Dalton - You could tell from the first snap that he was going to be bad and he was just that. I can no longer defend the Bengals as a good team. They are average at best. The easy part of their schedule is coming to an end. The Bingles are about to start getting trucked.
Clay Matthews - Maybe it's time to start another cycle, doucher. The Packers are ass. They're probably better now that Cedric Benson's worthless ass is hurt.
Jim Irsay - Not only does this come off as a Chris Berman clone on Twitter, he is also grossly incompetent. I feel bad for Chuck Pagano as leukemia sounds like it sucks but didn't they run this guy through a fuckload of health tests before hiring him? I'm no doctor but wouldn't symptoms for this show up in a thorough physical? I say that they would and my word is final.
Matt Cassel - The injury is going to put him out of his misery. For now, the Chiefs belong to BRADY QUINN. If last year was the season of the Jesusback then 2012 is the year of RAINBOW TENOR. All hail Quinn! lol
Joe Flacco - 9 points against the Chiefs = not ELITE.
Dick Jauron - LOL! The Giants have so few healthy weapons: it's just Victor Cruz and Bradshaw. What a bold strategy to let them combine for 300 yards and 4 scores!
Mike Vick - Still awful in every way.
Cam Newton - 12/29 for 141 yards. This guy sucks. I blame his membership on my sons fantasy team last year. Either way, all the Cam haters out there have to be eating this shit up because Cam is dishing up a whole fuckload of hilarity.
Pete Carroll - OK, it's time to end this Rusty Wilson garbage. Put in Flynn already. Colin Cowherd will only cry for a few days straight.
Jay Cutler smiling with Mike Tice - Worst image of the year. Cutty smiling makes me very sad. Jacksonville is fucking terrible.
Buffalo and Tennessee - These are the two worst teams in football. Maybe not the Bills, but they're close. I can say with certainty that the Titans would be a 20 point home underdog to the Browns.
The play this week seemed shitty to me. And it should not have felt that way since the Lions were on a bye.
So went all in on Houston -7 and have a number of parlays rolling with them tonight worth almost 1000 bucks. Basically using some round robins and getting lucky with a few 4,5 and 6 team parlays. That said how in the world can I not take the Jets tonight plus 11 points and giving myself a 4 point middle. Winning a nickle with Houston or showing a profit with the Jets or cashing both and making it a 4 figure night. So thats my story on the game tonight. Love Houston but loved em at -7 and its crazy that the line went to double digits.
Gotta like the Yankees tonight in the game but really rooting against them so not sure which way to go.