Sunday's List of 13: Wrapping up an active sports Saturday in case you missed anything in College Football.........
13) Florida State looked really, really good in ringing up 667 yards on a good Clemson team, pulling away to beat the Tigers 49-37. Clemson led by 10 points in the second half before the Seminoles got hot.
12) Central Michigan scored 9 points in game's last 0:45 as Chippewas went to Iowa City and stunned a lackluster Hawkeye squad, 32-31.
Somewhere, Central Michigan alum Dick Enberg is smiling.
11) When was last time Northwestern/Minnesota were both 4-0?
10) Oregon State won at UCLA, then the whole team went to In 'n Out Burger before heading back to Corvallis. Beavers deserve to be ranked this week, starting season off by beating Wisconsin/UCLA.
9) Army scored 40-37 points the last two weeks, but somehow lost both games- they lost 49-37 at Wake Forest, in game where total yardage was in favor of the Deacons, but not by much (517-506).
8) 84,923 suckers paid to see Nebraska lay waste to Idaho State, 73-7; do they charge as much for that game as they do for their conference games? It is embarrassing that teams like Nebraska play I-AA teams, and in no way are they only ones. Florida State played two of those stiffs this month.
7) So Duke plays Memphis in football; why not play them in basketball, too? Oh thats right, Memphis could beat them in basketball. Memphis is awful in football, and has been since they fired Tommy West.
6) Good comeback by Colorado, 69-14 losers at Fresno State last week; they were down 31-14 in 4th quarter at Washington State yesterday, before a late rally gave the Buffs a wild 35-34 win in Pullman.
5) Rutgers already has three road wins; by the way, interesting story this week about how awful lot of NFL types despise Bucs' coach Greg Schiano, for his poor treatment of NFL scouts while he was coaching Rutgers. Will be interesting to see how the Bucs going forward from here.
4) Miami Hurricanes were 31-52/436 passing, rang up 609 total yards in a 42-36 OT win at Georgia Tech, a game Tech once led 36-19, after Miami had raced to a 19-0 lead. Not often you score 36 points in a row and lose.
3) The wheels have completely fallen off at Arkansas, which lost 35-26 at home to Rutgers. Game opened as a pick 'em in Vegas last Sunday, but so much action came in on Arkansas that it was taken off board and re-posted at Hogs -7. 72,543 Arkansas fans went home very unhappy.
2) Fresno State scored two defensive TDs at Tulsa, but missed the PAT after both TDs, and wound up losing 27-26 to Golden Hurricane. Looks as if Fresno State has an improved team.
1) Congrats to the Reds/Giants, who clinched their divisions in baseball last night; 11 days to go in the season, still much to be decided. Best wishes to Cincy manager Dusty Baker-- get well soon.
Stop by to sign up for BetDSI and Bookmaker
Click here to sign up for WAGERWEB
Click here for all your Amazon products:
Click here for all your fantasy sport needs: