You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security.
Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
SPOOKY'S HAPPY NEW YEAR ONE MONTH TO PUNTA CANA COLLEGE FOOTBALL EXPRESS
14 Replies | 2662 Views
On 09/18/2012 10:35 AM in NCAA Football
Kicking off another week and bounced back nicely last week. Coming off a couple winning weeks in CFB and had a nice week iwith the NFL.
-- Matt Barkley went 0-4 vs Stanford; Peyton Manning went 0-4 against Florida. His career turned out pretty well.
-- 11,722 loyalists saw the Rays lose to Aaron Cook at the Trop Monday night; the Tampa Bay bandwagon has officially disbanded.
-- Bill Belichick is 53-34 vs spread in his career in game after a loss.
-- American high school kids rank 32nd in the world in Math skills. Bet you we're near the top in video games, though!!!!
-- Eureka College QB Sam Durley threw for 736 yards and five TDs in his first game this year, but has struggled the last two games, throwing for a total of 467 yards and two TDs in splitting those two games. Could be ol' Knox College doesn't have a very good defense.
-- As far as Presidential TV commercials go, I want to hear from the two candidates. No one else. Not Bill Clinton, not Clint Eastwood. Just the two candidates we're choosing between. Its not a lot to ask.
09/18/2012 10:41 AM
SPOOKY'S BAD, BADDER AND EVEN SOME GOOD WEEKLY UPDATE
Notre Dame - You've got to give credit when it is due even if that does mean showing respect to your mortal enemy. No one had the Irish walking out of Lansing alive yet they were the ones doing the anus collapsing. We'll get into the Big Ten later, but the Irish look fairly legit. And big props to Manti T'eo who is a fucking beast of a LB that had to deal with his grandma and girlfriend passing away on back-to-back days (neither of which were at the hands of Brian Kelly surprisingly!). I can't even imagine what is going on in that dude's mind. Good for him to get a win this weekend.
Alabama - Good God, this team is ELITE. There really is not much else to say about that. Also: Florida State is legit.
Will Muschamp - If you watched Gameday, apparently Big Willie enjoys listening to Nickelback. Great sign and all, but his Gators are figuring shit out. It would be nice if they actually started playing football before halftime, but until then, they'll just have to keep curb-stomping their opponents in the second half.
Spooky - Winning day on Saturday and Sunday!
Lane Kiffin - Classic USC; no one loses random games that they should roll in better than the Trojans. How fucked up is it that USC has lost 4 in a row to Stansbury? Remember how all of our "experts" had USC in the national title game and Bonerz Barkley fucking the Heisman? Yeah, those were horrible predictions. Thank you very much.
Bo Pelini - Nice body, jerk. The Big Ten has the pussiest coaches in the world. Urban Meyer is a bitch. Jerry Kill is a flipper and a twitcher. Mark Dantonio looks like he'd rather be dead than alive and Pelini apparently has huge problems with his inability to properly fart. LOL!
The Fuckeye Defense - These guys have never met a tackle that they didn't miss. That was pathetic. Cal is literally a garbage team and you lose if they have even a remotely competent kicker. FACT. I understand that this is still a work in progress but missing tackles is a sign of poor fundamentals and coaching. They definitely are not getting better every week. Fortunately, your schedule is a poop. Prime, what did Jeff Tedford have to say after the game when you grilled him about his weird coaching decisions? How about that terrible Big Ten officiating crew just making up penalties on the Bears in the 2nd quarter and costing them 6 points?
Ol' Fake Neck Frank Beamer - Is there anything more Va Tech than getting DESTROYED by a horrendous Pitt team? Let this be a lesson: never bet on a Hokie game. You can not predict what this team will ever do.
The Big Ten - This is the worst BCS conference. PERIOD. EXCLAMATION POINT! Through three weeks of non-conference games, when your best team is Northwestern and no one else is even close, then you SUCK DINGER. Ohio State is just surviving and is ripe to be upset in the next few weeks. Sparty is still Sparty. Michigan will lose to ND next week (BOOK IT). Wisconsin did WHAT I SAID WOULD HAPPEN and should have lost to Utah State. There is no redeeming quality to this shitty league. NONE. Every year--EVERY SINGLE YEAR--it gets worse and more embarrassing.
That's going to do it for this week's college football round up. As you can tell, this is was more ELITE than your usual Tuesday.
09/18/2012 11:33 PM
-- Albert Pujols wasn't with the pennant contending Angels Tuesday due to his wife giving birth to the couple's fifth child. He is on a contract that pays him $240M for ten years.
-- Detroit lost its last nine one-run road games.
-- WGN's Bob Brenly was saying that in 15 baseball games Sunday, total of 157 pitchers were used, and four teams used only two.
-- Jose Reyes made the 500,000th error in major league history over the weekend; remember when I was a kid and the millionth run in baseball's history was scored by Bob Watson of the Astros.
-- Alabama is now a 3-point favorite over LSU for the game being played November 3rd, if you care about futures wagering.
-- Sad news for football fans today; NFL Films President Steve Sabol died at age 69. If you like pro football, Sabol helped you enjoy it a lot more.
09/20/2012 12:26 PM
Football trends, with Week 3 approaching.......
-- Pittsburgh Steelers covered only twice in last eleven away games.
-- Patriots covered six of last seven games as an underdog.
-- Arizona Cardinals covered 12 of last 17 games as a home dog.
-- Seven of last nine Redskins' games went over the total.
-- UCLA covered eight of last nine against Oregon State.
-- UNLV covered ten of its last twelve home games.
09/20/2012 12:28 PM
Thursday's List of 13: Nobody asked me, but..........
13) Jerry Jones used to own an Arena Football League team; AFL has a rule where if you’re winning in last minute and you lose yardage on the play, the clock automatically stops, like it was a timeout.
Wouldn’t be stunned if the NFL adopted that rule someday, ending the “victory formation” plays at the end of games now.
12) Richest guy in LA is a Dr Patrick Soon-Shiang, who is worth an estimated $7B. Dr Shiang bought Magic Johnson’s 4.5% of the Lakers; supposedly, he is interested in buying AEG, which owns the LA Kings, 33% of the Lakers and the Staples Center, amongst other things, and was involved in trying to bring an NFL team to LA. If Dr Shiang buys AEG, chances are the NFL will be back in LA soon.
11) A pro golfer in California shot 25 for nine holes at a course in Chula Vista, but shot 35 on back nine, three-putting 18th hole in what was a a non-competitive round. Still, shooting a 60 is pretty freakin’ good.
10) Jordan Baker is a rookie umpire who has worked 16 big league games this season. If you care about such things, 15 of 16 games stayed under the total.
9) Under Mike Smith, Falcons are 17-8-1 vs spread in games where the spread was 3 or less points, in other words, highly competitive games.
8) Baltimore Orioles are 28-7 in one-run games this year, and have won an amazing 14 extra-inning games in a row.
7) If you see the term WAR used as a baseball stat, this is what it refers to:
Wins Above Replacement (WAR) is an attempt by the sabermetric baseball community to summarize a player’s total contributions to their team in one statistic.
WAR basically looks at a player and asks the question, “If this player got injured and their team had to replace them with a minor leaguer or someone from their bench, how much value would the team be losing?”
This value is expressed in a wins format, so we could say that Player X is worth +6.3 wins to their team while Player Y is only worth +3.5 wins.
6) Arizona Cardinals have won last nine games that were decided by less than 7 points; they lost six of last seven that were decided by 7+ points.
5) Tuesday’s Baltimore-Seattle game was odd in several ways; according to Elias Sports Bureau, it was the longest game without an error by either side since a Cub-Astro game in August, 2006. Seattle pitching coach Carl Willis never visited mound until 16th inning. When do you ever see that?
4) Also, Miguel Olivo walked three times in eight plate appearances Tuesday; coming into the game, he had walked four times in 295 PA’s.
3) Pittsburgh Steelers are 10-16-1 vs spread as a road favorite under Mike Tomlin.
2) I want to puke when I hear TV guys having serious discussions about who will win Heisman Trophy, in September. Its like turning a baseball game on April 20 and hearing guys debate who should win the MVP that year. Let the games play themselves out fellas, then start talking about it around Halloween.
1) Our best wishes/prayers go out to North Carolina basketball coach Roy Williams, who underwent surgery Wednesday to have a tumor removed from his kidney. His prognosis for a full recovery is good.
09/20/2012 05:37 PM
BYU-Boise State both on short work weeks, but Cougars played rivalry game with Utah very late Saturday, losing when last-second FG hit left upright and bounced away. Boise had an easy win over Miami, Ohio, so they should have advantage here. Broncos have very young team, with 15 new starters, including a new QB; they were 0-6 vs spread as favorite at home LY, after being 33-19 from 2002-10. BYU has 7 starters back on both sides of ball and senior QB with 20 career starts; they're 4-2 as road underdogs last 3+ years. Teams haven't met since 2004; Boise basically took BYU's place in Mountain West, on their way out door to Big East.
Really dont have much of an opinion on this game. Liked BYU last Saturday and the kicker fucked it up for them. Tonight its hard to come back with them but I still feel strongly about them and also like Boise to continue their winning tradition. So I am gonna stay away from this game and focus on the NFL game. I would lean towards BYU and Over tonight if I had to choose. Just make sure you buy the point. GL
09/21/2012 09:12 AM
-- Bad night for football on TV; Giants bamboozled Carolina 36-7, in just an awful game. Panthers didn't compete very well.
-- Boise State held off BYU 7-6; their only TD was scored by its defense, which also stopped BYU's 2-point attempt with 3:30 left. Why?
-- Billy Gillispie resigned as hoop coach at Texas Tech; not sure where he goes from here. Hard to believe he'll get another college coaching job.
-- Tampa Bay scored six runs in bottom of 9th to beat Boston 7-4 and stay within 5.5 games of the two Wild Card spots. Not good.
-- Texas pitcher Yu Darvish has come on strong late this season; in his last 37 IP, he's allowed only 25 baserunners and seven runs.
-- Congrats to the Washington Nationals on making the playoffs for first time. Too bad Strasburg is hur-- what do you mean, he's not hurt????
09/21/2012 09:16 AM
Friday's quiz: Things I'm looking for this weekend.........
13) 2-0 Eagles visit 2-0 Arizona; both teams have gone to wire in both games this season. Redbird QB Kevin Kolb used to be Philly’s backup. We’ll see how he does here.
12) Two years ago, Auburn won the national championship with Cam Newton at QB; Saturday, they’re a 20-poitn home dog to LSU, and the vultures are starting to circle around Gene Chizik. It can be a cruel world sometimes.
11) It’s a sign of the times that Josh Hamilton misses two games with a “sinus problem”, and we worry for his well-being.
10) Miami Dolphins started last season 0-7, wound up 6-10, but fired coach Tony Sparano anyway; Sparano returns to south Florida Sunday as OC of the Jets. Jets have to stop the run and make the rookie QB beat them.
9) Who made the Cal Bears’ schedule? Ohio State/USC on consecutive Saturdays? How will the Trojans respond after another loss to Stanford last week?
8) What team will get hot and seize the second Wild Card slot in the NL? Cardinals have the upper hand right now, but Milwaukee is the hottest team right now.
7) This is a big weekend for NFL reunions, as Gary Kubiak takes his Houston Texans to Denver, where he once played/coached. Big step up in competition for Houston. Short work week for the Broncos and their new QB, who is 0-5 this season on passes going more than 20 yards downfield.
6) UL-Monroe, off consecutive games vs SEC teams, host the Baylor Bears on national TV Friday night; been a good month for the ULM accountants, and also for football team, which has never had a winning record in I-A.
5) Miguel Cabrera has a legit shot at being first Triple Crown winner since Carl Yaztrzemski in 1967; that’s worth keeping an eye on.
4) Robert Griffin III is really fun to watch, but he’s already whining about late hits by opponents; time to grow up son, this ain’t the Big 12. They play defense in the NFL, and they hit really hard. Get used to it.
3) How bad are the Colorado Buffaloes? They were down 55-7 at the half last week, at freakin’ Fresno State; they visit Mike Leach and Washington State this week. Buffs are going to raked over the coals in the Pac-12.
2) Very tough week for my favorite team, A’s. For them, they can’t stay healthy. Going to be quite a struggle for them to make the playoffs. Its been a fabulous year so far and very surprising. Considering their Over/Under win total was 72 I am quite pleased. But cashing an AL Pennant future at 70-1 would be even nicer.
1) Loser of the Patriot-Raven game Sunday night will be 1-2, and in a surly mood. Baltimore lost a bitter game to the Patriots in LY’s playoffs; this should be good entertainment.
09/21/2012 01:04 PM
Has anyone seen JB?
Be careful, since his retirement he has gone on the most wanted list.
09/22/2012 11:07 AM
-- Milwaukee Brewers have moved within 1.5 games of the Cardinals for the last playoff spot; tremendous managing job by Ron Roenicke.
-- Cardinals' record in 1-run games: 19-25. 2-run games: 6-14. games decided by 3+ runs: 65-32.
-- Baylor won 47-42 at UL-Monroe, but the Warhawks are a fun team; I am hoping they get their first winning season in I-A-- they should.
-- Betting total in Oregon-Arizona game Saturday has been bet up from 72 to 79. Mark May said on ESPN Friday night it should go over.
-- Braves won Kris Medlen's last 21 starts, but only 10 of them came this year. Why didn't he make any starts this year until July 31, if they won his last eleven starts last year?
-- Cop in South Carolina gave Clemson football coach Dabo Swinney a ticket for speeding, posted details about it on a South Carolina message board, then lost his job for using PD's computer to post the message, or thats what they're saying. Either way, the guy lost his job.