Friday's Lit of 13: Things I'm looking for this weekend........
13) The RGIII bandwagon rolls into St Louis, as Robert Griffin faces the team that got three #1 picks and a #2 pick in exchange for the draft pick Washington used to select the Baylor QB. Rams will play defense better than a rudderless New Orleans team that is still learning Steve Spagnuolo’s system. Jones Dome will be lot quieter than the Superdome was.
12) Last time Tennessee was favored to beat Florida was 2004; second tough road game in row for Gators, who came from behind to beat the Texas Aggies last week.
11) Tampa Bay Rays visit the Bronx this weekend, in a surprisingly big series, for both sides. Three weeks to go in the baseball season, and the playoff picture is still very unclear, especially in the AL.
10) Michael Vick played poorly in the Dawg Pound last week; he needs to play better against a Raven team that’s covered just twice in last 10 games following an appearance on Monday Night Football.
9) Pitt has already lost to Youngstown/Cincinnati, they’re an 11-point home dog to Virginia Tech this week. Not good for a team with a senior QB, even if they are on their 4th head coach in the last three years.
8) Has anyone asked if Stephen Strasburg will have an innings limit again next year? The actual Tommy John threw 200+ innings the first five years after he had the first TJ surgery, but he was in his 30’s then.
7) NFL schedule makers put Denver on at night five times in season’s first eight weeks; they should hit ratings gold in Atlanta Monday night, two good ball clubs.
6) Notre Dame hung 50 points on Navy in Ireland, now after a week off, the Middies visit troubled Penn State, which had another starter defect this week. Tough to prepare for Navy’s option attack in less than a week.
5) Phillies/Brewers are both charging in NL Wild Card race. Two of the three teams they’re chasing, Cardinals/Dodgers have a 4-game series with each other this weekend. The charging teams need a Card-Dodger split this weekend, and obviously, they need to keep winning themselves.
4) Dolphins/Colts both have winnable games at home; since both are starting rookie QBs, there’s no guarantees they’ll have many more winnable games the rest of the year, especially the Dolphins, who are catching a Raider team in a brutal spot, making a cross country flight after playing the late game Monday night.
3) One of the stranger things this weekend will be arrogant Bronx Bomber fans rooting for the A’s, since the Orioles are in Oakland for three games. A’s will be in the Bronx next weekend, as part of a dicey Detroit-Bronx-Texas road trip.
2) Utah-BYU has always been a bitter rivalry, but with Utes going to Pac-12 and BYU becoming independent, it just isn’t the same. Now comes word Utah QB Jordan Wynn has given up football after suffering another shoulder injury last week. Could be a long year for the Utes.
1) Its been 10 years since the Steelers started a season 0-2; they’ll need to protect Big Ben Sunday to beat the Jets and even their record. Hard to tell how much off last week’s 48-28 Jet win was about the Jets and how much was about the woeful Buffalo Bills.
Stop by to sign up for BetDSI and Bookmaker
Click here to sign up for WAGERWEB
Click here for all your Amazon products:
Click here for all your fantasy sport needs: