You are using an old web browser. Such browsers do not support modern web technologies and do not offer proper security. Please update your browser or download one of the others suggested for free.
Mozilla Firefox |
Google Chrome |
Internet Explorer |
And here are a couple more for today. Wish everyone nothing but Spooky magic all day long. Lions have covered 3/4 of their games the past 2 years so no reason to jump off now. CJ should light up the secondary of the Chiefs today.
Monday's List of 13: Wrapping up an NFL Sunday.........
13) Major onions shown by Tony Romo Sunday, coming back from being KOd with a broken rib to lead his team to an OT win in San Francisco. It looked bleaked for Dallas when they trailed 14-0, but Kitna threw one TD while Romo was in the locker room, and a WR who hadn't caught a pass in a real game since 2006, Jesse Holley, caught three passes for 96 yards, including a huge 77-yard catch in OT that set up the winning FG.
12) Chiefs lost their first two games 41-7/48-3; major trainwreck, before Jamaal Charles blew out his knee. That makes it even worse. Extremely difficult coaching job right now for Todd Haley.
11) 49ers led 14-0; Vikings led 17-0 at the half; Raiders led 21-3 at half. They all lost. Not many NFL teams lose games they lead by 14+ points.
10) In first half, Buccaneers ran 20 plays for 62 yards, three 1st downs and zero points. In second half, they ran 33 plays for 278 yards, with 16 first downs and 24 points. Halftime is 12 minutes long. What changed?
9) Buffalo was down 21-3 at halftime; they had ball five times in second half, running 40 plays for 326 yards, 25 first downs and 35 points. Not a lot of defense in Orchard Park Sunday; teams combined for 79 passes and there wasn't one sack in the entire game.
8) Why does Dallas pinch pennies on its kicker ever year? They drove ball 77 yards on 14 plays on its opening series, but Dan Bailey shanked a 21-yard FG and a drive that ate half the first quarter was fruitless, giving the 49ers momentum they carried throughout the first half.
In fairness, Bailey drilled a 47-yarder to tie the game in the last minute, but his early miss gave the 49ers hope against a superior team.
Miami also missed a 34-yard FG and had another one blocked; Redskins had a 30-yard FG blocked. Is that an effect of the shortened practice time in training camp? Field goals don't usually get blocked in the NFL.
7) Tom Brady is on pace to pass for 7,520 yards this season. Seriously, he is. He has 940 passing yards in two games.
6) Denver Broncos are now 5-23-1 against the spread in last 29 games as a home favorite. Playing at mile high altitude was always thought to be a huge advantage. Broncos are also 7-20 SU in their last 27 games.
5) Dolphins have now lost their last six home games. Go figure.
4) Colts are on national TV three of the next five weeks. Awesome.
3) In two games, Cam Newton is 52-83/854 passing. One thing that has changed dramatically in the last five years is that inexperienced players can excel at QB now-- didn't used to be that way. Think about how bad John Elway and Troy Aikman were in their rookie seasons. Guys like Aaron Rodgers/Steve McNair didn't see the field for years.
2) In two games, Vikings have been outscored 41-3 in the second half; if you're wondering why the Redskins benched Donovan McNabb in second half of games last year, this could help explain it.
1) Last week, there were 14 touchdowns scored on defense/special teams. In Week 2, not one. None. Zero. I do not have an explanation for this.
Cedric Benson's pants - Nothing beats a nice butt cheek on national TV that apparently no one on the Bengals wants to fix. Or maybe Mike Brown just gives them one pair of pants for the entire season. Yeah, that's probably it.
No one in the Bills/Raiders game - What a wildly entertaining game this was. I can't tell though, are these two teams good? They look pretty good to me. BILLZ SICK! Anyone still doubting my Bills as a wild card prediction? I'm what you call "way smarter than you". My boy, Stevie J, better not be hurt.
Cam Haters...AGAIN! - Rookie QBs are going to turn the ball over. But Cammy Cam Cam looks fucking good. I mean he dropped 400+ on the Super Bowl champs. He's already better than ten starters in the league. The Panthers are quickly becoming must-see TV for me.
Todd Haley's Family - Yeah, dude better update his resume. The Chiefs are fucking awful. They lose Eric Berry last week (best defender) and it looked to me like Jamaal Charles is done for the year (best playmaker). Congrats, KC fans, you just entered the Luck Derby. As well you should since Matt Cassel is Jake Delhomme.
People that watched the Browns/Colts game - Why was this game even televised? Anyway, the Colts have a pretty decent chance to have the worst record in the league this year. Would they take Luck? That is such a huge fucking question (if they get the #1). Would you shit on Peyton and trade his ass? I think that if you can get Luck, you almost have to.
Donovan McNabb - He is so bad. The Vikes had quite the epic choke. Minnesota and Tampa Bay are completely irrelevant.
Jason Hill - Who? Oh he's just the Jags wide receiver who spent this past week talking about how Revis Island isn't that good. And then he promptly did not play yesterday. Jacksonville is the "back hair" of the NFL: we can all see it and know that it's there, but no one wants to acknowledge that it exists.
Joe Flacco - Who owns the Steelers and then fists himself against the Titans? That's pretty pathetic. What else is there to say, really? The Ravens are who they have always been: pretty good but not a title contender.
Rex Grossman - His play in the first half yesterday was so bad that he should play for Ohio State. It was classic Sex Cannon. Drive 50 yards and then throw a pick. It's part of his charm. But you know, The Cumslinger hung in there and drove the field twice in the 4th to beat a rotten Arizona team. 2-0!
Tony Romo's: A Place For Cracked Ribs - Jesus Christ, when this guy isn't deep throating away games, he isn't finishing them. What a smiley-faced pussy. If the Cowboys were smart, they'd draft a QB in the first round next year.
Coffee is not for the 49ers - Nice fucking close. This team is so bad. How can they score 24 points but get nothing from Braylon. Crabtree, or Big Vern? How is this possible. I'm going to hang that Holley asshole by his hair. Fucking bitch...how could you get caught at the goddamn one!!!
Chad Ochocinco - A week later and he still sucks. Isn't it strange that the two biggest weapons in the Pats offense are tight ends? Gronk and La Raza are pretty sick though. Whatever, you can't expect a Norval-coached team to win on the road.
That about covers it. Is there a movie that you'd rather see less than "The IDES of March"? It's probably a gay porno. Wagering-wise, I'm still rolling strong. I MURDERED it again this week. Can you hear me now JimmytheGreek. Restore the Roar!!!